4.2 And Below Softmodding, Less Conflict Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the sd card need to remain in the wii after all this tut has been followed?
I havent tried it yet but will be this weekend hopefully.
one more thing does it matter if the wii has been flashed alreay?
Im not sure what i have on it but i think the homebrew channel is there and neogamma is it?

Last edited:
Sorry for my eXtreme noobness. Downloaded a program, formatted the drive and added ISOs. Currently playing New Super Mario Bro's Wii. Thanks guys! Great tutorial!

Sorry for my eXtreme noobness. Downloaded a program, formatted the drive and added ISOs. Currently playing New Super Mario Bro's Wii. Thanks guys! Great tutorial!

glad your sorted

Axxxo the sd remains in the wii for runtime files of config loader,the updates and covers will be stored on it

Added after 5 minutes:

Does the sd card need to remain in the wii after all this tut has been followed?
Im not sure what i have on it but i think the homebrew channel is there and neogamma is it?

Answer is not sure,if its already done just add the new loaders,the only sure way is to update and then re do the mod,for that you will need the game of Lego indianna jones the original adventure's to get the exploit to renable homebrew,or if you have updated homebrew recently you should still have homebrew at least after updating

Last edited:

Unfortunately, the SD card stays in the Wii because CFG and U-loaders are on there, as are the pictures of the covers of the games. if you have already softmodded it you can skip step one as that is only putting on the Homebrew Channel (HBC). is there a reason why you are re-doing it? just asking, but I would reccommend much more these two USB Loaders than neogamma. do you have many games or do you need some? I'm sure I could get some to you.

I wanted to try out one of those different loaders but the neogamma does the trick, i dont play it myself (cough)xboxrules(cough) and i only have an 8gig stick sticking out the back of it.
Little one is looking for a new game from santa so just worried that it might uninstall the hack thats already on it.
So for wii's that have the latest update 4.3 i believe you need an original game of indiana jones game you mentioned?

Yep axxxo,if you turn on the wii and update homebrew via the internet,you should'nt have any problems,the latest version is unaffected by the update,you may have to update your loaders
you will only need the game to re-enable homebrew if it is knocked off,if you do above you won't need it

I am using a 640gb external, do I need to partition? If so is there a maximum size I have to make it? if it can handle the full 640gb I will just leave it as is

This came up before Andrew,config used to have problems with over 500gb,i think that has been sorted,uloader will recognise that and more

Can my backups be stored on the Wii's internal HDD? (if it has one)

(Might be buying one soon so thinking of putting CFW on it if it comes with a firmware below 4.2 ;))

DAn, it doesn't have internal HD, external only, even if it is 4.3 we can sort you out, just not using this tutorial, just holler when you need to

DAn, it doesn't have internal HD, external only, even if it is 4.3 we can sort you out, just not using this tutorial, just holler when you need to
This guide is still good wheelo,The first part of installing the homebrew will just change to using letterbomb,the rest is solid

Let's not confuse poor Dan just yet, he hasn't even bought it yet lol

I recently did a 4.3, installed the HBC, then used this.. worked a treat

Bought a second hand one off a bloke (just has one issue with it but its not big):

Got the Nintendo Wii + Stand
Mains Adapter
2 controllers
1 steering wheel
2 charging dock stands
3 games [PES/Ferrari/Boxing]

for £60 ;) Only issue is that there seems to be an issue with the battery pack of both remotes, using standard AA batteries instead works fine with both remotes, so just going to have to get replacement battery packs with covers for them both. I went through the menu to try find out what firmware it was on and then realised it was at the top hand screen all alone, it says 4.1E :) Not sure what the "E" is all about but nonetheless question is, I've only 1 SD card that has my camera images on there. I was thinking if I can clear the SD card, put the files that need to boot for me to play my backups, but also put my images back on the SD card, will it work that way?

First things first Dan, welcome to the wonderful world of Wii. Second, E stands for Europe. thirdly, yes you can use the SD card for the softmod, then format and put back in your camera, but you would have to use something like Neogamma as a loader, when CFG is by far a superior HD loader, so I would suggest getting another SD card to Keep in the wii.

Have a look at the video in this thread, if you want a loader like this you need an SD card in the Wii all the time.

By the way, how much did you pay for the Wii? (just curious as to GB£ prices)

First things first Dan, welcome to the wonderful world of Wii. Second, E stands for Europe. thirdly, yes you can use the SD card for the softmod, then format and put back in your camera, but you would have to use something like Neogamma as a loader, when CFG is by far a superior HD loader, so I would suggest getting another SD card to Keep in the wii.

Have a look at the video in this thread, if you want a loader like this you need an SD card in the Wii all the time.

By the way, how much did you pay for the Wii? (just curious as to GB£ prices)

Cheers wheelo :) & I paid £60 for it wheelo which is around $97. Ordered a replacement battery pack on eBay now hopefully it works, if not I can get the remote to work anyway with rechargeable batteries ;)

Going to purchase another HDD soon too, the one I have now is almost full. :)

Last edited:
Well done on the buy dan,i think wheelo and i will have to put something special together for you on this 1

Sorry Dan My link for the video didn't work, here it is again

http://www.techkings.org/nintendo-wii/18109-configurable-usb-loader-nintendo-wii.html

@Sinno, what do you suggest for dan?? Certainly add Priiloader, Explain the importance of a Nand Backup, maybe put up a folder with all the covers, the new CIOS versions, the new IOS247 for use with some of the newer games, anything else??

not a bad price at all Dan, about €69 in mine and Sinno money

Cheers guys. :)

That certainly looks like a great vid wheelo, I like the covers. :)

Will give this a wirl soon. :) By the way is there any way I can stop the Wii from automatically updating? If i were to play the 3 games that I already have whilst on this custom firmware would this work or.. ? :)

You can of course still play the originals. The updates aren't automatic, you have to chose to accept them. there is a thing that stops you being ABLE to accept updates, it is called Priiloader/preloader, I mentioned this in my question to Sinno for optional extras that we will give to you. When you are ready to go, SHOUT, we are here to help (about time too, after all your PSP help, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back