4.2 And Below Softmodding, Less Conflict Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes dan pack 2 onwards
has the usb been formated to wbfs,if not get wbfs manager 3.0 relating to your pc either 32 bit or 64 bit,also wiu1.1 to region patch your games and more importantly patch updates,all of which are in the downloads section for the wii on our fair site

The usb has not been formatted to WBFS. Would this be necessary to run games off it? Would that mean I have to format my HDD to wbfs for games to run of it?

Right now im running the files off the SD card as per the guide. going to keep trying incase it works, its failed 3 times on me.

Still saying those files cannot be found, they're not on the SD card, as the two files in the wad folder are CFG usbloader and uload forwarder

Last edited:
the usb will have to be wbfs for the minute,config and uloader will not work without the usb plugged in and holding a wbfs game,wheelo and i are working on a guide that will allow you to boot from ntfs

I'm now very confused about this whole process. :(

I have the homebrew channel on, but I cant budge from the first step of pack 2. The files do not seem to be loading and the guide doesn't seem to be working for this 4.3e.

I'm going to have to give it a rest for today. :( Will have a crack at this again tomorrow. The IOS236 installer isn't working as part of the first step of pack 2 because the two files in the wad folder are named differently, but I dont want to edit anything.

I read that you can use wii backup manager to copy the games (iso) to your HDD as wbfs files so i'm hoping that is something I can do. At the moment i'm having no luck installing any of these IOS loaders.

dan are you installing the wads as ios 236,you should be downloading ios236 from nus download and make sure you hit 2 after for non piracy
The wads are only forwaders for the loaders

dan are you installing the wads as ios 236,you should be downloading ios236 from nus download and make sure you hit 2 after for non piracy

Its going differently to the guide sinno. I click on the homebrew channel, start it up, then click on the section option IOS236 Installer v5 Installs iOS236, then click on load. The screen goes black with writing. I then "press 1 or start the application", so i press 1.

Then it goes to patching IOS
IOS patched
about to install iOS236
Getting IOS236 revision 3351...
<Load iOS from sd card> << This part right here is highlighted in grey and doesnt budge, I then press A and I get the files not loaded SD:/iOS236-64-v3351.wad

I must be doing something wrong, i'm unable to select 2 for a network install.

you should be able to move the <Load iOS from sd card> to nus download.press to the right on the direction buttons

OMG, that works! Yes, cheers sinno! :grin: I believe once i'm done maybe I can make a post where things are not as clear in the guide?

Great to hear your on the right road Dan,you will be a pro at this in no time at all

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

dan why not install neogamma and burn the game to disk
A great programe bobby and i used to use it myself,for the health of the wii and not burning out the drive usb loading is your best bet

Getting there guys. :)

On this now:

Third we will install Custom IOS 202/222/223/224
1. Unplug any GameCube memory card or controller you may have plugged in.
2. Remove any disc that may be in the disc drive.
3. Unplug any USB storage device that may be plugged in.
4. Open homebrew Channel and select the cIOS installer.
5. Select IOS236 for install, press the "A" button.

It says open the CIOS installer, but there are two, CIOS 222 Installer v5 and cIOS38_rev17-installer. Which one is being referred to in the quote here?

Going to continue this tomorrow, cheers lads. :)

I'm on this part and need to make sure of something:

Select custom IOS 202 v65535 There is "Select custom IOS 202 v65535 <homebrew>" and "Select custom IOS 202 v65535 <default>"

Which one am I patching here?

Edit
*My bad guys totally realised the second one is "222". Maybe i should have my breakfast first and wakeup. lol

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Thanks guys! I've now succcesfully softmodded the Wii running 4.3e :) I have the CFG loader and the Uloader on the main menu and they are both running. Now how do I get this to work exactly? lol

Is there any way to get these loaders to stored on an empty 1GB usb? instead of using an SD card?

Also, is there anyway I can play these games without formatting my HDD to wbfs, I want to be able to use it for other purposes like data storage otherwise the HDD will probably not be used to full capacity.

Last edited:
Hi Dan great to see your up and running,those loaders stay on the sd card for now,Wheelo and i are working on a guide that will use wiiflow which will be running the games from ntfs,we are just going to get the wording down and structure of process,available downloads together,it wont be to long

Hi Dan great to see your up and running,those loaders stay on the sd card for now,Wheelo and i are working on a guide that will use wiiflow which will be running the games from ntfs,we are just going to get the wording down and structure of process,available downloads together,it wont be to long

Cheers sinno. :)

I have made up my mind, I'm going to use my current 8GB USB in the mean time to play the games, instead of risking partitioning my backup external HDD with wbfs partition. :) It'll be alot more convenient when that ntfs guide is out, so i'm looking forward to that one, appreciate the work you and wheelo are putting into these guides. :)

So then I'll be able to store the games on my backup external (NTFS) and use my 8GB for watching media as usual. :) (sorry I know i could've kept this to myself but I felt the need to say it so I dont confused myself later. lol)

Going to acquire my Backups now and check it out :) I succesfully got one game on the USB and ran it under WBFS and it worked a treat, only thing I noticed is for the game, speech parts come up, it says press A, but nothing comes up in the speech bubbles. Would this be a result of WBFS not extracting as much data needed to play the game with the speech bubbles?

It was a test backup anyways so if it doesn't work its no biggie. :)

Also a big thanks to Bobby for his input, appreciate it. ;)

Cant say i know the game Dan,but try it with uloader and mess around with different cios settings

Another quick question, I was playing my backup of Exerbeat earlier, and it turned out that I had to make my own Mii before I started the game through the Mii channel, would it be safe to do this or would it effect the mod?

Update: Another thing: Sweet success!! I am now running wbfs files from an ntfs drive, is it alright if i make a guide as to the new things i've learnt, maybe it'll help others?

Last edited:
You work away Dan on any guide you please, the more the merrier,your mii wil not effect the mod in any way,i'm also running of ntfs and trying to sort out nand emulation as i dont have a bootmii nand only the ios,lots of things still to be done

Right thanks to me eventually being patient and going back to the begining of this thread i sorted my problem and NOW have a working modded wii YAY GO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back