AceKard 2i Problems,

j4v3d

VIP Member
hi when my nephew puts in his card which he got today he loads the device up and gets the following message;

the Acekard 2 logo and when I click on it to start it up I get "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.

why does it say this, bought it new

I know someone else will help you better than I will, but simple question first, did you format the SD card before you put the firmware on it?? have you the latest firmware??? lastly, and probably most importantly, I have a vague recollection of these cards having to be used on a normal DS first (not sure about this)

I know someone else will help you better than I will, but simple question first, did you format the SD card before you put the firmware on it?? have you the latest firmware??? lastly, and probably most importantly, I have a vague recollection of these cards having to be used on a normal DS first (not sure about this)

wheelo im a total noob when it comes to this, doesn't it come with the firmware pre-loaded on the card? if not how would i go about formatting it and then putting the latest firmware on it? and where would i get the files from???

just format the card as you would any other card, and if you look through the nintendo DS threads, you will find one called akaio with numbers afterit posted by sinno(directly under the one that you have just posted) it is the latest firmware. if the card came with games already on it, save them somewhere before you format the card

just format the card as you would any other card, and if you look through the nintendo DS threads, you will find one called akaio with numbers afterit posted by sinno(directly under the one that you have just posted) it is the latest firmware. if the card came with games already on it, save them somewhere before you format the card

will do that, why is it when problems occur they come running to me lol

im in the middle of my project work setting up estate agent website in ASP.net... will look for that thread tomorrow, sleepy eyes tonight lol

i'll make sure i post back here with the number, and get the proper advice before doing anything else on my own,

wheelo is this the thread you was on about???? http://www.techkings.org/nintendo-ds/21034-akaio-1-8-5-released.html

i came across this site as well: http://www.r4i-dsi-xl.com/faqs/acekard-2i-firmware-upgrade-and-driver-installation-setup-guide-f-78.html

Added after 2 minutes:

right i got the files downloaded to the computer, once card is formatted, what files need to go on the card? and where do they need to go? is it just drag and drop on to mem card?

Last edited:
just extract the file to the sd card,you will then have aio and the menu and some read me files that can be deleted,is this a dsi,if so whay system firmware has it got,it may need some additional steps depending on what firmware is on it

just extract the file to the sd card,you will then have aio and the menu and some read me files that can be deleted,is this a dsi,if so whay system firmware has it got,it may need some additional steps depending on what firmware is on it

dsi xl i think it is with the big screen on it, i will have to find out the firmware when he drops it round mine, will get back to you.

edit: current firmware on the ds xl is Ver 1.4.1E

says the same thing when i extract the files to the card, any solutions?

here is the link to how the files look when extracted to mem card http://screensnapr.com/v/YNj2Ce.png

Last edited:
yes,you need a ds and these files akaio 1.4.1 fix - Downloads - TechKings them on the root of the micro sd card,put in ds and launch each one and follow instructions

do you mean just copy to the sd card? or put it inside a folder?

ive just extracted to the SD Card, same error message, i think im doing something wrong here

this is the root of the sd card, the files that are in there: http://screensnapr.com/v/lpBklu.png

if i put this card in to a DS the acekard wont fit in, would i need to put the sd card in the r4 card and then update it like that? will it not affect the DS? because my nephew has a dsi xl, confused now, these bloody devices and cards lol

Last edited:
When you re insert the micro sd card in the acekard and then put in the ds,when i say root it means no folder

When you re insert the micro sd card in the acekard and then put in the ds,when i say root it means no folder

im going to put the card in a DSL, when i run both them files you told me to download, it wont mess up the DSL will it? or will everything be ran on to the SD Card?

right a problem has occured, same message comes up, and at times does not display the icon of the card on the menu, he was playing on it and his battery went flat, re-charged, started up and now nothing is happening, what seems to be the problem here now?

will i have to the re-do the process again?? :(

What message is coming up,you can delete those two files incase he has launched them accidentaly,more specific info needed in order to help,also where the card was bought

What message is coming up,you can delete those two files incase he has launched them accidentaly,more specific info needed in order to help,also where the card was bought

i'll have to get back to you sinno, back at uni now, i'll tell him to delete those two files and see what happens then... was working fine when i updated both those files, and inserted it in to his DS XL.. sorry for not being specific, like i said will get back to you sinno. ;)

It should craig11,you have access to a normal ds to run the files,run them and put the card into your dsi or xl

my nephew acekard packed up again lol

its going for sale the whole device, told him just get a ps3

Back