Aggghhhh msn login problems

j4v3d

VIP Member
i cant login to my hotmail at all, password and email address is fine

been like this for 24 hours now, anyway of getting this resolved? this has never happened to me before

cant login in via hotmail, messenger, or live mail :(

Last edited:
Have you checked to see if your systems clock is correct?

Sometimes having the incorrect date/time interfers with your login to MSN.

have you tried contacting hotmail??
im not useing my pc so cant check messenger as its not installed on here but i have managed to getinto my emails via hotmail. so might be something on your pc.
Have you tried logging in on another laptop/pc to see if you can log in and do anything

When you say email password are find but you cant log in exactly what do you mean, does it let you get into your hotmail(emails) but you cant use msn
may sound silly but have you tried deleting the fields and re entering your email and password - incase there has been a glitch mistake. I know that often on theis laptop i have no log in details stored for TK or FB and have to re enter and save them again

it wont let me logon through windows live messenger, hotmail, or live mail as well

says account is locked, looks like someone has tried getting in to my account, hotmail said wait in the que and we will get in touch with you, now i just got to sit here like a couch potato waiting for them to look in to the matter

ah if your account is locked then yes could be coz someone was trying to hack into it. You may also need to leave it for say 24-48 hrs for now can you make a new account - most people have more than 1 so at least you can talk to your friends (if you have thier addresses elsewhere) until hotmail sort it.

linny i have one, but that's just for personal stuff, no friends to chat to, strictly personal/work, i'll just wait now, i'll have to email the important people from my other account, i've changed my paypal password, ebay, so im on the safe side, its just i forgot to change the alternate email address, partly my fault as well, wonder why i was targeted for?

Glad you have changed other passwords. Yes we should all have alternative emails for certain sites lol but well we forget. So you can use the other one ok - which means its definatly that account. Once its back up again remember to add the alter email addy!!! AS for hacking they do it just because they can -= no other reason usually just being nasty so n so's could be someone you know could be just random.
Dont suppose as its locked that you can change your password.!

linny account has been locked, only hotmail people can unlock this for me, they will ask me certain questions to determine if im the account holder, im sure that will be done, will tell them i will have emails from TechKings, which will be unread, once i get it back (hoping so) i am going to change the alternate email address to a yahoo account, this will then solve future problems. it is so frustrating when something like this happens

lol enjoy your Christmas, i dont celebrate it, i only enjoy xmas cause i get 3 weeks off Uni.. and they have some great stuff on TV to watch lol

no worries Linny, just got an email from the Windows Live Team, my account has been locked out, just sent them a form i completed to prove im in the account holder, then they will reset the password for me, after that, im moving to yahoo mail, i've had enough with msn/hotmail

good for you,hope they get it sorted soon so you dont loose anything, there is also googlemail! i dont use msn these days or hotmail for mail only use my vm mail which i can pick up from anywhere

yh, im going to make a google mail account as well, just use hotmail to chat to friends, thats about it for me, time for a change

When you recover your account you should go into your options and check for a forwarding address. This just happened to me recently (also a Hotmail account) and the guy was spamming my contact list. So, look for a forwarding addy and also check for any SENT messages as they may show what he/she was sending out, which could also provide you with an IP addy if you look for it.

Hope you get it handled soon.

got my account back last night, it was just locked out, nothing was sent out, i am going to update the alternate email address, and stick a mobile number where hotmail send you a pin to unlock the account

Back