Any Good tips?.....

If you want to back up your settings then menu> setup> vix> backup manager and press the green button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing wrong with your hardware. Your software is the problem.

If your box is not playing well, I am going to disagree with most things written in this thread. There is no point iin making a backup build of your box. You just need to start a fresh.

For one your box is bloated. The more bloat, the slower it will work. It has unnecessary buggy plugins like tsmedia and kodi-direct.

Read the below thread to get up to speed with terminolgy.
http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/93169-general-satellite-terminology.html

Then download my bare bones guide from here.
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84949-bare-bones-openatv-new-setup-guide.html

in my barebones guide, read the section about downloading and using filezilla ftp software.

Once you have done that read the section about backing up your line. Although your line is probably not the best due to being an ebay line, it is worth having a copy of it until you get another.
So follow the instructions and back up your line to your computer so you have a copy of it.

Now as recommended on here. Once you have a copy of your line, you need to reflash your box.
Wooshman has an easy to follow thread for reflashing your box. Just read his instructions step by step in this thread.
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109524-wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-h2s.html

That is it. You don't need to be an IT expert, you don't need lots of knowledge. All you have to do is do some reading, and have a spare hour of your day.

Once you got your box reflashed, everything will be set up perfectly.
Then all you need to do is source a decent line. You request test lines in this thread.
http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-server-satellite-november-december-only.html

Last edited:
If you want to flash wooshbuild then why do you want to do a full backup to begin with?
All you need to do is have a backup of your line details

Edit

Seems kiddac beat me to it he he
Follow his advice and you should be on the right track to a happy box :)

Last edited:
So.....i have managed to upload Wooshbuild V.5.....i have done something wrong i know.....all my Sky channels are blank

Any ideas on what i have done?

Line?? this is the problem i think...not sure how to do this.....i backed up my files onto the External HD....but no idea what i need

---------- Post Merged at 02:34 PM ----------

no gift line in the newcamd.list.....where do i get this?

all of them....ha did not know which to get

---------- Post Merged at 02:50 PM ----------

looks like i have lost my line.....where can i get another ????

So you did a full backup of your box before you flashed wooshbuild?
If not I don't understand how you backed up all the files

i backed up all my files, onto an external HD.
i then uploaded wooshbuild V.5....that was the easy part......i used a seperate USB pen for this.
I now cannot find my line.....i have checked youtube for advice......thats where i found out about the folder that has the line code....but it is empty

Your line details should be in etc> cccam.cfg or usr> keys> newcamd.list depending on what sort of line you have.

No you should have saved your line before flashing do you have it on an email or pc?

if not you will need to reflash the backup you made save your line then flash wooshbuild

Last edited:
They look like the files off your storage device, your line would have been on the box itself. Are there any files in the image backups folder?

in imagebackups transfer the zipfile to desktop unzip it and drag the zgemma folder to usb go and reflash box.

once flashed ftp usr/keys for newcamd.list or etc for CCcam.cgf save it to desktop once you reflash wooshbuild you can ftp your linr to usr/keys

By using his back up image he created he will be flashing vix back into his box and wiping the fresh install of wooshbuild.

For what's it's worth you mentioned earlier that your to channels kept freezing which more often than not is down the poor quality from the provider.

Get a test line and load it onto your box and see if you notice a difference.

He's flashed without saving his line so needs to reflash the backup image and save his line then flash wooshbuild

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back