Blade Media 8000

County

Pushed the boat out and ordered a blade 8000, what does anyone recommend as a HDD for recording with it?:)

Probably any USB 3.0 type, I use a Toshiba 500Gb.

You will probably format it somewhere in the boxes menus.

The problem you will have is finding the patched firmware
it might not be out yet.

Is it a sat and cable combo ?

If you are not going to use the cable side as it's a combo, I would stick with what you have got.

Has anybody had problems using and external hard drive with the BM8000?

What is the best format for using a hdd with the blade, FAT32 or ntfs?

Just bought a bm8000 combo and not really sure what is am doing. Will download the latest firmware and go from there.
Expect lots of silly questions

Any help with the how to record 1 or 2 channels whilst watching another?

All I can do is watch one or record one, if I record one I have to watch it, pointless.

Last edited:
Just found out today I have wasted my money on the BM8000 & an external hard drive. According to Blade the 8000 cannot record multiple channels as well as let you watch one like the BM7000 due to the terrestrial tuner, which in my opinion is a waste of time. You can only watch one channel or record one channel, a pretty much pointless concept.

Sounds like you are getting a bit mixed up.

Firstly any single tuner basically locks itself to the channel it is recording.

The BM7000s did this, it wasn't capable of watching and recording multiple channels.

The terrestrial tuner is in fact a hybrid tuner, which means in theory you can run it off an ordinary Ariel
or you can run a cable line in the box.

The firmware has lagged the release of the box, I believe the BM8000_109P version
now allows you to enter a cable line. I have just put it in the download section here

This basically makes the box a twin tuner, so you will be able to record on sat
and watch on cable. (or vise versa)

So you need a sat line and a cable line if you want this function.

I haven't got this box so I can't really help with the set up.

Hi bees. The information for the bm8000 is direct from blade. The information regarding the capability of the bm7000 is what is openly available on blades own website Blade Media BM7000 and BM8000 Support. Which clearly states that the 7000 can record 2 channels whilst watching another whilst on the same transponder.

Ok, a transponder transmits approx 6 different (random) channels.

So although it is true you can watch on the same transponder while recording
the odds are the rest of channels broadcast will be of little interest.

So practically this facility is next to useless.

All boxes have this capability.

Recording two channels basically means you need two separate tuners, any combination will do,
2 sat, 2 cable or one of each( then you can watch what is left on the transponders if you wish)

Or record on one tuner and watch any other channel on the other free tuner.

This is a more accurate answer, but I left the transponder bit out because it isn't really any use.

Hope this helps. (y)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

got a problem with my new blade bm8000 box. I have dvb aerial plugged into tuner 2 but it finds no channels. I know the aerial is ok because when I plug it into my freeview tv it finds all channels and signal strength is very good. But when put it back into the bm8000 box using same cable, the signal quality is not good and no channels are found. Tried tuner 2 manual scan, auto and powerscan. Is the box faulty or am I doing something wrong? Tuner 1 on the box is working fine.

I've tried firmware [150127]BM8000_109p & BM8000_104ap_150305.

thanks.

I haven't got this box but have a look in the menus,
for an option to change the setting from DVB-C to DVB-T for tuner B.

It is confirmed as a hybrid tuner so should be able to pick up cable or terrestrial signals.

I haven't got this box but have a look in the menus,
for an option to change the setting from DVB-C to DVB-T for tuner B.
It is confirmed as a hybrid tuner so should be able to pick up cable or terrestrial signals.

in menu it has tuner2 option & terrestrial scan option. tuner2 shows some signal quality but finds no channels. Cannot even perform a terrestrial scan (box freezes when I try to change the options. I then have to power it off/on from the mains).

update: did a factory reset and terrestrial scan is now working.

Last edited:
C-Line or N-Line

Hi there have a BM800 wish to use Satellite, can anyone advise which is best and can anyone recommend a supplier

Hi Guys, i am setting up a BM800combo and was wondering if the option was still available to install line via usb cfg file? i had a quick look and the options didnt appear the same as the BM5000 which i last set up? any ideas

Thanks in advance.

Back