Cannot Flash H2H

nige3367

Just Purchased A H2H box for cable and Possible IPTV If it can do both at the same time. Box currently Has openatv 6.0 Cannot Flash it . Have tried Serval USB sticks in both front and rear and all the box does is boot up as normal. Have posted on Wooshbuild Forum but Told to post Elsewhere.
Please don't tell me its the USB sticks at fault as that makes the box look like a pile of crap. If it has USB 2 slots it should be compatible with any USB 2 device.

Just Purchased A H2H box for cable and Possible IPTV If it can do both at the same time. Box currently Has openatv 6.0 Cannot Flash it . Have tried Serval USB sticks in both front and rear and all the box does is boot up as normal. Have posted on Wooshbuild Forum but Told to post Elsewhere.
Please don't tell me its the USB sticks at fault as that makes the box look like a pile of crap. If it has USB 2 slots it should be compatible with any USB 2 device.
blue button/ flash online then green button choose latest open atv you will see 6.1 if you want 6.2 press blue again to go back to 6.1 blue again choose and flash hope this helps then if you want wooshbuild infinity on go to there thread 1st page click link at top and follow instructions from step 1 hope this helps you butif you want infinity when you get to the stage with 6.1 were you have to use your remote to set box up don't go to infinity page at that stage and carry on from there

What usb flash drive have you been using because it does depend on that I flashed an h2h yesterday no problem when i flashed my first box it took a while to find one that worked

yes its trial and error with usb sticks

format it to fat32 filesystem
load your firmware on the stick
go into the firmware folder and rename the noforce file to force

try that

Use this to format a USB. http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/
Use a USB which is about 8 or 16gb, 32gb at a push.

Once formatted, make sure you copy the zgemma folder from the zip file you have downloaded from here which is the latest openATV 6.2: http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.2/zgemmah2h/openatv-6.2-zgemmah2h-20180730_usb.zip to the usb stick.

Remove any other devices you have plugged into the box and go for it. Remember that when it says USB / UPDT on the display to press the front silver button so the display changes to FLSH.

Edit: Thanks mods for correcting my Mb to Gb. It is early.

Last edited:
Use this to format a USB. http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/
Use a USB which is about 8 or 16gb, 32gb at a push.

Once formatted, make sure you copy the zgemma folder from the zip file you have downloaded from here which is the latest openATV 6.2: http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.2/zgemmah2h/openatv-6.2-zgemmah2h-20180730_usb.zip to the usb stick.

Remove any other devices you have plugged into the box and go for it. Remember that when it says USB / UPDT on the display to press the front silver button so the display changes to FLSH.

Edit: Thanks mods for correcting my Mb to Gb. It is early.
tried all that with several usb sticks no cigar I'm afraid the box boots as normal into open atv 6.0 if I go into the storage system it sees the usb drive

yes its trial and error with usb sticks

format it to fat32 filesystem
load your firmware on the stick
go into the firmware folder and rename the noforce file to force

try that
tried that but no cigar im afaird tried several usb sticks but box just boots into open atv 6.0 but sees the usb stick in the storage devices ?

What usb flash drive have you been using because it does depend on that I flashed an h2h yesterday no problem when i flashed my first box it took a while to find one that worked
Have tried using several and they are all seen by the box in the storage devices

blue button/ flash online then green button choose latest open atv you will see 6.1 if you want 6.2 press blue again to go back to 6.1 blue again choose and flash hope this helps then if you want wooshbuild infinity on go to there thread 1st page click link at top and follow instructions from step 1 hope this helps you butif you want infinity when you get to the stage with 6.1 were you have to use your remote to set box up don't go to infinity page at that stage and carry on from there
Have not tried this yet if I do is it possible to Brick the Box if I get it wrong

Blue button -> Flash online / Local -> Blue button -> Select USB device -> Find the zgemma folder, open the h3 folder, highlight a .bin file and press green to flash.

No, you can't brick it flashing it.

Last edited:
Have tried using several and they are all seen by the box in the storage devices
It's very tempremental when flashing though. It has to be a 2.0 a 3.0 won't work. There's a 16gb SanDisk in argos for 9.99 that 100% works if it doesn't then must be doing something wrong

Blue button -> Flash online / Local -> Blue button -> Select USB device -> Find the zgemma folder, open the h3 folder, highlight a .bin file and press green to flash.

No, you can't brick it flashing it.
Which .bin file there are 3 Kernal Rootfs and Splash..

Tried all 3 .bin files in h3 Folder and nothing happens it says press yellow to flash then it has a white X in circle at the top left of the screen... ??

Ok Guys Ignore my Previous Post I have Managed to Flash the Box now to open atv 6.2 Thanks for all your messages and help.. What's next for the Whoosh thingy

OK Guys It looks Like I have Finally Got Wooshbuild Infinity installed.. close this thread. Thanks to everyone who took the time to post its much Appreciated Thought I'd brought a dud Box at first but going back to my Provider now to get channels fixed up.. Thanks again..

Back