Cant set up new 780

eileen

TK Supporter
got 780 today, updated sw through remote: 11/11/2012, sw kryptviewa780mpv4.105, h/w version v3.0.0

cant seem to pick up any channels done a search on all networks, no joy, all cables ect connected,
dont know what i am doing wrong, seller had already put april sw on, i changed it to the 11/11/2012 one, as i wasn't getting any channels , have read a lot of posts but cant seem to find out what i am doing wrong......greatful for any help, thanks

Hello eileen.. It may sound like silly questions we ask but as we are not there we can only visualise how annoyed you must be..after your SV saga.. haha.
Back to the job in hand..Can you get beeb 1 and 2 and ch4 (FTA channels SV) sorry for that..!(this will prove if vermin signal is ok)... if yes does your laptop or pc work with the broadband.? (have you peeled off the small black sticker on the back of your box and plugged in ethernet cable from router.. dont laugh someone had it on here a few months ago.. cactikid bailed him out..!! it was funny though..!! when you say searched all networks..N#L,Twest,EX C&W, Corus whilst the channels are loading what is the TP in mid screen 8/8 or 11/11 but what you want is 58/58.. i am off to pay the bills now but if you can check on those and update us we can eliminate stuff as we go along..( any vermin tv faults in your area.. you can check website or does a neighbour have a vermin subs box to see if its ok you can also get the correct net id from their subs box in the engineer section on main menu or something (thats a BoxT special)

Ted"null modem cable"luxston

Also eileen, this may seem silly and obvious, but you do have the cable feed connected to the TOP one of the male connectors on the box as opposed to the bottom one.

jodav :)

Hello eileen.. It may sound like silly questions we ask but as we are not there we can only visualise how annoyed you must be..after your SV saga.. haha.
Back to the job in hand..Can you get beeb 1 and 2 and ch4 (FTA channels SV) sorry for that..!(this will prove if vermin signal is ok)... if yes does your laptop or pc work with the broadband.? (have you peeled off the small black sticker on the back of your box and plugged in ethernet cable from router.. dont laugh someone had it on here a few months ago.. cactikid bailed him out..!! it was funny though..!! when you say searched all networks..N#L,Twest,EX C&W, Corus whilst the channels are loading what is the TP in mid screen 8/8 or 11/11 but what you want is 58/58.. i am off to pay the bills now but if you can check on those and update us we can eliminate stuff as we go along..( any vermin tv faults in your area.. you can check website or does a neighbour have a vermin subs box to see if its ok you can also get the correct net id from their subs box in the engineer section on main menu or something (thats a BoxT special)

Ted"null modem cable"luxston

hi ted, plugged the sv back in, getting all freeview channelss,laptop ect working ,took off sticker,plugged in ethernet cable to back of box,
whilst scanning for channels the ntl which is my area 6887 oxford area, when it does network scan all the thing that come up say already exist, then it does a search, and comes up complete, but there are no tv or radio channels in the boxes, the tp says8/8 sat says 1/1 signal strength 56, on my virgin page it says bb good, phone good, tv
There is a fault disruption.
You might not be able to watch certain programmes on Catch Up TV and TV On Demand on your Virgin TV or TiVo® service at the moment.
Fault reference: F002232306

could this be the problem, saying that i retuned the sv box and was still gettin free to air, its got me stumppted., normally good with gadgets but i am now at the hair pulling stage, ha ha ha ha ha ha

First get the box menu installation 0000 press default when the box has gone back to installation page turn it off at the back then turn it back on again scan your box on NTL on network scan, you will need your correct NET ID for the next part otherwise you might not get channels, also the cable has to be on direct feed from the wall no splitters, connect to Input

First get the box menu installation 0000 press default when the box has gone back to installation page turn it off at the back then turn it back on again scan your box on NTL on network scan, you will need your correct NET ID for the next part otherwise you might not get channels, also the cable has to be on direct feed from the wall no splitters, connect to Input

done all that, still not finding any channels, tp 8/8 ss56, its on a straight feed from wall
the net id off my virgin box is two digits 20

ok disconnect your cable from the box and do another factory default on the box menu >> installation >> 0000 Factory default >>> when finished turn the box off at the back, then do a scan with NO cable, after you have done that turn the box off at the back reconnect the cable then go to installation page and put NTL on top and change the quam to 256 i think it is bottom should be network then press the red button to scan i think it is then leav it and see do you get your net id, when you see your one choose it and press ok and just wait

< - - - - -Added to post - - - - - >

Sorry eileen i am putting you off here been a long time since i done a scan,

so you need to go to installation automatic search pick NTL, channel search type is Network press green button, next you will see the tp been added see if you can get your net id and choose it then press ok.

sorry for the misinformation been a while :grin:

ok disconnect your cable from the box and do another factory default on the box menu >> installation >> 0000 Factory default >>> when finished turn the box off at the back, then do a scan with NO cable, after you have done that turn the box off at the back reconnect the cable then go to installation page and put NTL on top and change the quam to 256 i think it is bottom should be network then press the red button to scan i think it is then leav it and see do you get your net id, when you see your one choose it and press ok and just wait

Sorry eileen i am putting you off here been a long time since i done a scan,

so you need to go to installation automatic search pick NTL, channel search type is Network press green button, next you will see the tp been added see if you can get your net id and choose it then press ok.

sorry for the misinformation been a while :grin:

ok i am bald now, ha ha, it comes up net id 1-8 already exists

on your net id did you scroll down the list before pressing ok button?

it never had a list with areas, it just had on them all, already exists

Also eileen, this may seem silly and obvious, but you do have the cable feed connected to the TOP one of the male connectors on the box as opposed to the bottom one.

jodav :)

yes double checked all that

do you think i should buy a null modem cable and re flash................:beg:

shocked to hear you dont have a null modem cable,might have been a buggy update.

yeah i know, forgot to order one when i got the box, thought the update would have been ok, as i done it through the remote control,
so do you rekon i should get one and start from scratch....:damn:

Eileen the "already exists" problem is because you need to
delete all the channels from a previous scan before scanning again.

The box just loops round and gives you the same result as last time.

Before you scan make sure your restore the box to factory default settings
in the insatallation menu.

This does not effect the firmware on the box, just deletes all the channels
from previous scans.

Eileen the "already exists" problem is because you need to
delete all the channels from a previous scan before scanning again.

The box just loops round and gives you the same result as last time.

Before you scan make sure your restore the box to factory default settings
in the insatallation menu.

This does not effect the firmware on the box, just deletes all the channels
from previous scans.

hi bees, every time i do factory default, and rescan, it still comes up already exists.......its got me puzzled, been trying to set it up since lunchtime, and getting nowt, have been reading up on it, and watched the youtube vid till my eyes bled, ha ha , still no joy

Back