Cant set up new 780

Hello eileen, like the boys have said it sounds like your vermin cable feed is iffy..but when you say you got it working at another house did it pick up FTA only or sly movies and sly sports and the same when you got back to your place and it was working for that magical half hour did you only get FTA..? (if you got sly movies and sports then the KV must be flashed already(firmware installed/null modem) and eileen i know your pulling your hair out and i know exactly how you feel (your day will come MAPLINS!!), i can assure you it will get sorted as there are only three things in our "KV pyramid" (KV box,BB,Vermin feed) copyright that HiTeck..! haha. BB is ok so its just box and feed to eliminate now.. chin up..!

he set it up at his house on his feed, and showed me all the channs going, sly sport movies ect, when i brought it back to mine and plugged it all in, i was getting the same, then i went to itv2, it came on, then came up scramble or no video, so i tried to re scan it, and ended up back where i started, as you say you rekon it was flashed in order to do that, and it has the nov 11/11/2012 f/w on, should i, when this cable comes re flash it again, by downloading the loader and bin file, sorry to be a pest, but i just aint getting to grips with this at all, sorry

I know you can sometimes get a bad "flash" on the box but i dont quite know what problems you get (jodav,bees,cactikid or boxT may help you on that bit) but if you had it working at yours but not now you either have a intermittent fault on vermin cable feed or bad flash on box.. there is nothing left..! on school run back in 10. Ted

Last edited:
I know you can sometimes get a bad "flash" on the box but i dont quite know what problems you get (jodav,bees,cactikid or boxT may help you on that bit) but if you had it working at yours but not know you either have a intermittent fault on vermin cable feed or bad flash on box.. there is nothing left..! on school run back in 10. Ted

the bloke that set it up, is going to pop in today to set or try and set it up here, will keep you posted, once again thank you , and every one who has helped me with this(y)

No problem eileen.. i was in the same boat but got sorted in the end. (at least you saw sly sports if only for half hour.. more than your SV box)ha ha..

At your home did you notice the signal strength on the box,a booster from argos may help, take it back if no good to you.

Think its time for a recap,

Box is flashed as it is clearing the channels at your mates house.

Why not lend it to him and ask him to watch that box for a night ?
If it doesn't work there then probably a firmware problem, you can do a manual reflash when your "Ted Luxston" cable arriveslol

If it works ok there, then we know,it is flashed correctly, you are on the right net id.

That leaves you cable or internet to sort.

First, swap ethernet cable if channels go scrambled at home.

If that doesn't sort it it is down to your cable feed.

You said the quality jumped from 0 to 77 so this is probably where the problem lies.

No harm in eliminating all the other things first though.

If I were you I would make up two new coax leads,
wilkos sell it by the meter, you could use the fittings
that are on the existing leads, change both leads, the one to the router and one to the box.

hopefully, you should be sorted after that.

If your not the problem may be further upstream with vermin feed.:)

happy days, the box now up and running, my mate came round and had it going in mins, and iv'e been trying since last tuesday...the set up for my oxford area is
ex c&w
chan 35
freq 682.25

net id 20, 256 quam
picture is great, no scrambling,
once again, thank you to everyone on here for all their help over the last week

Last edited:
Eileen this tells us that your area appears to be C&W but unfortunely not the area NedID to scan,the chap that fixed it for you will know this info.

Thanks for the feedback.

with all the messing going on maybe your providers have changed as well as your net ids,have people bothered to check their firmware is upto date,are people scanning from main coaxial wall feed.

he just kept re tuning it, and eventualy all the channels came up, got a bit of glitching tonight watching the game, but thats because there is a fault with vermin

Ted said it was "definately" a null modem cable he was trying to flash with,:willy nilly:

when you say searched all networks..N#L,Twest,EX C&W, Corus whilst the channels are loading what is the TP in mid screen 8/8 or 11/11 but what you want is 58/58..
Hats off to him though he was onto it by post 3

You said it was NTL in your area !!! lol

but the main thing is your up an running now , we've all been
there in one way or another, happy viewing (y)

Last edited:
Guys when scanning the boxes try all providers make sure you factory default your box each time, lots of areas have been reshuffled in the last while by vermin so what was your net id or your provider might not be any longer.

Back