Cable certain HD channels not working

wilsock

TK Supporter
Hi,can anyone shed any light please, I have a H1 box with sucmnsee's latest backup image running with nline on cable. Everything is fine on it, sports etc no probs, except certain movie HD channels don't work and some do. All the premium sd channels are also working ok. Does anyone have any ideas how to sort the few HD movie channels that aren't working or do you think it is, as I suspect down to my supplier?
Many thanks.

Yes with VM, strange you have same problem too, perhaps by coincidence we have the same supplier?

I had the same problem and found it to be the splitter, my friend was using a 50--2500 MHz splitter
when he should have used a 5--1000 MHz one, remember if you loose 3db its half of your signal gone.

I mean for the line

---------- Post Merged at 11:31 AM ----------

Yeh but it was working fine upto about a week ago, surely if it was splitter all hd channels would be affected

I had the same problem and found it to be the splitter, my friend was using a 50--2500 MHz splitter
when he should have used a 5--1000 MHz one, remember if you loose 3db its half of your signal gone.

I took the splitter off and put the cable direct into the Zgemma from the outside box and the signal on the HD channels not working was still on zero.

ok thanx, saved me from doing it, my splitter was provided by virmin anyway so should be pucker.

Last edited:
Just a quick update, as suggested it turned out to be the splitter, which i removed and used a coax cable coupler as I didnt need the cable to be split. this provided me with a full signal. So it was either a dodgy splitter or vm had messed with the signal. hope this helps.

Hi mate,thanks for the update.Can you give me link to see the coupler you used.The cable that comes out of your wall from the outside box,does that go directly into your z gemma then and not into the router.I thought it had to be split so it went from the wall to the splitter then off to the zgemma and the router.

Hi Don, from what I can see, difficult in my place, two feeds come into the property at the wall one going to the router and one to the box. The splitter I had was on the cable going to the box in order to enable two tuners on my previous box, therefore with only having a H1 with one dvb-c tuner I could dedicate the whole signal to the box. I recon the splitter I had was playing up or the signal had been reduced. If you are interested in the coupler do a fleabay search "coax cable coupler". Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.I only have 1 cable coming in from outside and it splits to the router and the zgemma.I dont know why there is 2 in your case, i hope someone can explain because the weak signal is doing my head in.It had been fine for months,then went weak.Ive looked at ebay for coax coupler,but it brings multiple ones up.

Thanks for the info.I only have 1 cable coming in from outside and it splits to the router and the zgemma.I dont know why there is 2 in your case, i hope someone can explain because the weak signal is doing my head in.It had been fine for months,then went weak.Ive looked at ebay for coax coupler,but it brings multiple ones up.

its deffo there if you search. Also called joiner barrels.

Last edited:
Are you on correct net id..?
Yes, ive got all sd channels and most of the hd ones,but some of the hd channels are breaking up or black.The signal is 0% on those ones.I had vm for over 1 year now,its just the last few months the signal has weakened.

---------- Post Merged at 12:16 PM ----------

My vm box on the wall has only 1 output,the post from wilsock says he has 2 outputs, so i have to use a splitter.

Back