Cloud Ibox 2+ does not boot up, blue power light only and no video

I was receiving tuner configuration errors and had a few other problems with my Ibox 2+ image so I looked for a newer software version of PS2gamer.

I downloaded and flashed the 19/05/14 751Mhz bootloader update as instructed as it is needed to use any newer images but now the Ibox will not boot up any more. The blue power light is on but there is no video and the box seems to ignore USB sticks.

Please could someone advise how best to fix this? I have flashed images and performed a bootloader update on this box before without any problem.

Thank you.

wonder what firmware you used was it original and you updated? are you supposed to update clones?

I flashed it with the 29.05.2014 Cloud-IBox_2+_BootLoader_751_MHz_29.05.2014.zip file from here: Support page: < Cloud-Ibox

The Cloud Ibox is a clone of the XP1000 in itself but there are limited updates and support offered for it. I've always downloaded and installed images from the PS2gamer website as those can be updated safely from within the image.

Maff; I tried flashing the firmware that you posted but it didn't help unfortunately. It doesn't seem like the box is even acknowledging USB sticks any more (or at least the activity LED isn't flashing on the USB stick anyway). There is nothing displayed on the screen or the front LCD panel, just a blue power LED illuminated on the front of the box.

Have you tried preparing the usb stick with the low level format tool, then using a full format from windows. My box refuses to flash from any usb sticks unless you do this.

Have you tried preparing the usb stick with the low level format tool, then using a full format from windows. My box refuses to flash from any usb sticks unless you do this.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

---------- Post Merged at 04:57 PM ----------

thank you!

Thank you for what?

---------- Post Merged at 05:26 PM ----------

Unfortunately low levelling the USB stick, performing a full format in Windows and then attempting to flash from it didn't work. The ibox 2+ still refuses to acknowledge the pen drive and there is nothing displayed on the TV or the front LCD screen.

Also.
When u insert the flash usb after a bootloader, quite often you are left with a blank front display. If this is happening it IS flashing. Just leave 10 mins and ur good. If you are really worried about running a NEW bootloader just take out the five screws and as long as both boards say Air DDt its noy a clone.

Also.
When u insert the flash usb after a bootloader, quite often you are left with a blank front display. If this is happening it IS flashing. Just leave 10 mins and ur good. If you are really worried about running a NEW bootloader just take out the five screws and as long as both boards say Air DDt its noy a clone.

I've tried that but it's still failing to respond. I left it on for 20 minutes but the USB led never blinked once after it initially powered on when I switched on the ibox.

The device says Air-DDT 1300 HD R 1.0 , manufactured on 18/12/13 (motherboard) and Christmas Day 2013 (smartcard daughterboard).

Does the box respond to telnet commands?

It doesn't appear to unfortunately, no. The network led's are on but the orange light only blinks intermittently rather than constantly. The green network light is always on as long as an ethernet cable is connected.

Looks like you might have to look for an RS232 loader to flash a new bootloader. If you find one please add to forum as I'm sure others will find it usefull.
If the box shows up on DCC, you may be able to flash from that. I haven't tried it myself but it does have an option to flash an image (not sure about the bootloader though).

See if you can access the box with DCC

No dice sadly.

"Error 10057 in function send. Socket is not connected."

The internal NIC on the ibox does seem to be responding but it isn't receiving an IP address from my router and doesn't appear in the attached device list or arp.

---------- Post Merged at 06:30 PM ----------

Looks like you might have to look for an RS232 loader to flash a new bootloader. If you find one please add to forum as I'm sure others will find it usefull.
If the box shows up on DCC, you may be able to flash from that. I haven't tried it myself but it does have an option to flash an image (not sure about the bootloader though).

I was afraid of that. I did some googling on this subject last night and it doesn't appear as though cloud ibox's support RS232 recovery. Unfortunately I think they need to be jtagged.

Try this. Might work.

---------- Post Merged at 06:37 PM ----------

Might have to make your own jtag lead. Is there a loader program for jtagging?

---------- Post Merged at 06:53 PM ----------

When you tried flashing new image from usb, did you make sure folder was called cloudix and not xpeedlx as the new bootloader requires this?

Attachments

• FLASHWIZARD Pro 6.3.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
Try this. Might work.

---------- Post Merged at 06:37 PM ----------

Might have to make your own jtag lead. Is there a loader program for jtagging?

---------- Post Merged at 06:53 PM ----------

When you tried flashing new image from usb, did you make sure folder was called cloudix and not xpeedlx as the new bootloader requires this?

The lead that people have been using is just a standard Arduino/Pi-style jumper wire coupled with one of these:

CY7C68013A-56 EZ-USB FX2LP USB Development Board Logic Analyzer EEPROM - US$7.89

The jtag flash is through Broadband Studio 3 from Broadcom.

I've tried using both cloudix and xpeedlx format flashes since I have no idea what the bootloader version on the box is now, if it even has one at all.

I'll give that Flashwizard application a try, thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 07:13 PM ----------

I don't think that Flashwizard will work in this case unfortunately because it looks for Dreambox image files and Cloud Ibox images in the format of a folder with a bunch of files within. Unless I'm missing something obviously.

Guys I really could be wrong but i had similar problems a couple of weeks ago with 1 box but after trying everything i did get it going again.
Id say new usb or try low level full format then full pc format then 29/05/14 bootloader then image.
Failing that (maybe but dont think help) try new 08 bootloader if ur sure that the box is original and try all again as a Last Resort.

But my moneys on the usb 99.9%

Try sucmnsee's suggestion first, but if no luck, let me know and I will send you a link to a full expanded image to try.

Back