Cloud Ibox 2+ does not boot up, blue power light only and no video

but are all iboxes not clones as i never heard of originals with iboxes.

Yes they are all clones but we are now seeing clones of the better known clones. Although whether or not the non-upgradeable ibox 2+'s are actually clones of debatable I believe. I've read that it could just be a production balls up at Airsat.

---------- Post Merged at 08:35 PM ----------

Guys I really could be wrong but i had similar problems a couple of weeks ago with 1 box but after trying everything i did get it going again.
Id say new usb or try low level full format then full pc format then 29/05/14 bootloader then image.
Failing that (maybe but dont think help) try new 08 bootloader if ur sure that the box is original and try all again as a Last Resort.

But my moneys on the usb 99.9%

Well it seems to have the correct manufacturer information printed on the board although there is one chip on the underside that I believe is quite important and I don't know what version that is as I haven't removed the board from the case yet.

Unfortunately I've already tried another USB stick. :(

---------- Post Merged at 08:36 PM ----------

Guys I really could be wrong but i had similar problems a couple of weeks ago with 1 box but after trying everything i did get it going again.
Id say new usb or try low level full format then full pc format then 29/05/14 bootloader then image.
Failing that (maybe but dont think help) try new 08 bootloader if ur sure that the box is original and try all again as a Last Resort.

Try sucmnsee's suggestion first, but if no luck, let me know and I will send you a link to a full expanded image to try.

I've already tried an alternative USB stick. Is it possible that you could give me a link to the expanded image please?

is it a good quality usb stick like kingston,cruzer?possibly if it was updated with new drivers could the chip been wiped like in those solo2 clones months ago?

PM me your email. I'll send you a link to a full expanded flash of my box. If it works you can then flash with whatever image you want

is it a good quality usb stick like kingston,cruzer?possibly if it was updated with new drivers could the chip been wiped like in those solo2 clones months ago?

The first usb stick was kingston and the 2nd was sandisk. No change unfortunately.

I am starting to think that is what happened. A lot of other forums seem to be recommending JTAG loading a new bootloader when people have reported similar issues.

Only because I had a similar nightmare a fortnight ago where I even was saying the boxs and everything were bad and asked did supplier change and repeatedly tried all the stuff we're talking about here, I still think that its usb or usb port related and in all he fking about I did for 2 days I got a way round it by flook..
And it was kingston data traveller 3 sticks I was using. Same stick flashed multiple boxs before and since but was llformated multiple times in process. Hope you get it sorted dude. Took me 2 days that 1. I feel ur pain

Do you recall which files you flashed after switching to a different USB stick? It may be helpful if I can try to reproduce what you did exactly. Thanks.

Dude if you know how the 3oclock pssd and stond tinkering go you'll know this may have massive flaws but ill try...
But I think its just not takin the flash...cause of something usb related.

Tried to flash and couldnt
Was flashing with a helios 17 I think
New box so had 29/05/14 already run
Just loaded so no good
Ran few times again.
Tried multiple appolos from cloud-iboxnet
Still nothing
Then boot and stayed boot
Started using side usb and it woukd load to U-Rf and stick or loop flash.
Llformated etc and tried even turning off quick at flash etc to confuse flash and corrupt or sumtin.
Lots of usbs and stuff (making me think it could be port or?).
Tried all old flash files. Some no good some freeze on U-Rf
Really quite hammered by then and kept re doing and trying flashs. I remember first getting a raw from cloud-iboxnet to work after fking with various formats on usb. (Again usb)
Then I got a backup to sit on it.
Used it for making backup since and reflashed all fine so it wss temporary.
I know this wont be of much help...... but I persevere more than fix :-) and im pretty much psd n stnd outside of the 40hr a week im not allowed to be :-)

Sorry got working in end was apollo 22 ( thought no good trying anything after 05/08/14 because of new bootloader. But maybe you have on and only the posted 23 or 24 will work? Longshot...)

Sorry for repeating but everything uv said like no flashing light on usb (tested with cruzr blade during my nightmare) all sounds familiar. And im convinced its somehow usb related. I wondrr if its bootloader related or port driver related but ive no knowledge. Sorry.

Last edited:
Dude if you know how the 3oclock pssd and stond tinkering go you'll know this may have massive flaws but ill try...
But I think its just not takin the flash...cause of something usb related.

Tried to flash and couldnt
Was flashing with a helios 17 I think
New box so had 29/05/14 already run
Just loaded so no good
Ran few times again.
Tried multiple appolos from cloud-iboxnet
Still nothing
Then boot and stayed boot
Started using side usb and it woukd load to U-Rf and stick or loop flash.
Llformated etc and tried even turning off quick at flash etc to confuse flash and corrupt or sumtin.
Lots of usbs and stuff (making me think it could be port or?).
Tried all old flash files. Some no good some freeze on U-Rf
Really quite hammered by then and kept re doing and trying flashs. I remember first getting a raw from cloud-iboxnet to work after fking with various formats on usb. (Again usb)
Then I got a backup to sit on it.
Used it for making backup since and reflashed all fine so it wss temporary.
I know this wont be of much help...... but I persevere more than fix :-) and im pretty much psd n stnd outside of the 40hr a week im not allowed to be :-)

Sorry got working in end was apollo 22 ( thought no good trying anything after 05/08/14 because of new bootloader. But maybe you have on and only the posted 23 or 24 will work? Longshot...)

Sorry for repeating but everything uv said like no flashing light on usb (tested with cruzr blade during my nightmare) all sounds familiar. And im convinced its somehow usb related. I wondrr if its bootloader related or port driver related but ive no knowledge. Sorry.

Thanks, I've tried it but it just isn't working tbh. I think I might have to give up on it. :(

Nooooo. lol never give up.
Buy more beer. Buy more smke :) MAKE the fker work lol
Fixin pc's back in the day was 10 times worse!
Trial and error is the way to go!
( oooh I think it might be bed time sry ;-)

Nooooo. lol never give up.
Buy more beer. Buy more smke :) MAKE the fker work lol
Fixin pc's back in the day was 10 times worse!
Trial and error is the way to go!
( oooh I think it might be bed time sry ;-)
Well I did bring it back to life but that was by using JTAG wires and the Cypress board. Not sure if it would have been possible with software but it's done now anyway I suppose. It turned out that the box was a weird clone variant as well and that's what caused it to brick in the first place.

very nice got there in the end,its one reason i buy originals dont have to go this every time something happens,so i hope you dont run software update again.

very nice got there in the end,its one reason i buy originals dont have to go this every time something happens,so i hope you dont run software update again.
Well I know what to expect now. The problem with ibox is that there is no official supply chain. I had no idea that I had a clone until one of their updates bricked my device.

It has been argued on other forums that there are no clones though and Airdigital just haven't accounted for the different variants of their hardware. There is one type that stands out because it has a completely different flash chip but that one isn't the one that I have.

brings back memories of starview 1 and its clone and even that was cloned ,no wonder people have problems:eyes::fartlight::whacko:

brings back memories of starview 1 and its clone and even that was cloned ,no wonder people have problems:eyes::fartlight::whacko:
Yeah Airdigital's official line is that my ibox 2+ is a clone whereby the manufacturers printed a completely identical main and daughter board to pass it off as an original. It's notable for having 'made in Korea' written on the back of it.

Their post-May 2014 bootloaders check for an official line of code on the box during flashing and if that code isn't there then the box gets bricked. They're also going out of their way to make their new images (which are actually just cracked builds of Vix/BH etc) incompatible with the boxes that they consider to be unofficial.

It's all a bit underhanded IMO since even the 'genuine' ibox's are clones anyway.

I too have the Cloud Ibox 2+ with only blue power light.

Having found this thread, I'll go through all the suggestions later today and will check back with any results...

Just an update.
So ive gone through a few boxs lately and have found that the new 09/14 boxs seem to need a double flash of whatever bootloader you are using before putting on anything older than the 022 patched vix. Causing them to have some kind of hdmi check/freeze load issue. Dont know anything more than that. Prob just they have new bloader but im flashing with 022 lately on 29/5/14 bloader in general.
Ps. They're arriving with initial bootlogo III Cloud Ibox too making me think dbl loading old is good cause first flash leaves that image. Second removes back to old cloud ibox II bootimage.

Last edited:
hi there can anyone help ive used the same image on a few boxes now but the one box I got if I power off at back with switch and put on it wont boot sticks on boot so I have to reflash to work all ok again.... but as soon as power taken from box its same again sticks on boot anyone help????

Next time it sticks on boot try turn tv off and on. Modded Vix 022 doesnt seem to have this problem but 025 does. I think hdmi issue. Seen it a lot recently. But not on 022.

Where did ur image come from and which version vix?

Last edited:
hi there anyone help.. ive had a few cloud ibox 2 plus now tried a few different clone safe images but having same problems on few of boxes all fine until the box loses its power from mains or is switched off at the back when powerd back on it sticks on boot... so have to reflash anyone know what causes this and a solution? thanks

Modern image problem with these boxs. Last known where it RARELY happens is vix 022 or other images pre august 14.
helps to have tv on and at correct hdmi source before booting box. Will keep happening to same tv even if u switch boxs round so must be hdmi related.

Last edited:
Back