Cloud ibox 2 plus not flashing from USB

Jontydog

Hi I have openvix apollo 023 kernel 3.6.0 on vix sky skin by fraggle 121 installed on my box but I keep getting error messages as its not supported anymore so I thought I would like to try another image but when I try and flash from USB it just keeps booting to openvix and not reading the usb. I have tried 5 different usb sticks and none seem to work. The usb sticks light up and are formatted to fat32 and I have tried the side usb slot and the rear one but they aren't being booted from. Any help greatly appreciated

i had this when i first got that box, nothing worked, but for some reason i deleted everything off the stick and used openATV and it worked, been using it since with no errors

I used one of the sticks to install the image thats on now and it is there in the storage manager it just won't boot lol. Will try openatv and report back :(

hahaha, didnt even think of saying that and I actually answered the same the other day. snapper is right, latest bootloader needed needed for cloudix images lol

Am trying openpli boot loader is v2 it uses the cloudix folder. I managed to flash it on Sunday with openvix

Hi I have openvix apollo 023 kernel 3.6.0 on vix sky skin by fraggle 121 installed on my box but I keep getting error messages as its not supported anymore so I thought I would like to try another image but when I try and flash from USB it just keeps booting to openvix and not reading the usb. I have tried 5 different usb sticks and none seem to work. The usb sticks light up and are formatted to fat32 and I have tried the side usb slot and the rear one but they aren't being booted from. Any help greatly appreciated

Download HP low level format tool and format your USB pen with that first, then format it with windows and then load your firmware onto the pen and it will work.

Ok have formatted 3 different usb sticks with HP formatter and then windows same results :( Is there anyway to flash them with a null modem cable through RS232 or does that only do the firmware?

I haven't changed the bootloader at all it said "newest v2 bootloader" on the ad on ebay so I have kept with that one

lol am scared of bricking the box. Should i just reflash with the v2 bootloader? bootloader-cloud-ibox-2-plus-751mhz-20140805? and is this done through rs232?

Try flash twice with Aug bootloader and then flash twice with your image - try Vix 041 by Sucmnsee and Dumbguy. I and others did it this way and it worked fine, but you may need to have HDMI lead disconnected from TV when booting

Had same problem earlier, just connect box by scart 1st then change to hdmi in settings. some of the images seem to be set to scart, and it looks like box didnt flash if u only have hdmi connected

Back