cloud ibox 2 plus

nawazasif

Hi all,
just purchased a new cloud ibox 2+. novice to these boxes (previosly had skybox f3, only thing i know was how to put c line in, assuming an image and firware had been put already on) could someone please point me in the right direction of how to get these boxes to work (basics - what i need ie. image, firmware, cccam e.t.c).
Few other things:
1) how to do you get this boxes to get plug-ins like mashup,icefilms, live sports streams e.t.c
2) i have seen sly images out there, quite a few images in fact, what having a different image means, reliabilty.
2) iptv. which channels does this give you - what does this feature capable of?
3) is this box capable of watching 3pm kick offs and foreign channels.
4) how can i tell if my box is original/clone and what does this mean for me if it is either.
5) heard that some times these boxes can have problems, freezing completely, or black image. anything i should be wary off

i know it is quite a lot there, but I really need some help on someone giving me the basic jist on these boxes.
any help will be much appreciated.

Best thing to do 1st is have a good read through other posts and get a little familiar with the fact very little is the same as f3. All the terminology. Somewhere like this may be a start to see if you want to give it a go from scratch or download a pre set image.
http://www.techkings.org/cloud-ibox/58558-new-cloud-box-2-plus.html

Be aware that it is a clone box so only use clone safe images for ibox 2+. Most of the rest of your questions will be answered when ur set up. Imho sky "skins" make box more sluggish and annoying but each to their own. Enjoy and persevere. It takes getting used to at start.

@nawazasif

The 3.oclock kick offs, are on premier sports and setanta ireland..mostly top four teams.

have a look at TSmedia, it has icefilms,..tv series and lots more media.

its a lot more work than the skybox's, but its worth it in the end.

Last edited:
they are not on premier sports only setanta :no no:
you can get other 3pm sat k/o matches but your dish will have to be pointing to other euro sats or a motorised dish will be in order and subs for other sat providers.
as stated a lot of patience is needed with linux satboxes even the menus have menus to change lol.
im not struck on linux boxes you tend to spend more time messing with them than actually watching tv and sorting out through the dead iptv streams on tsmedia!!

Last edited:
basically box came today pluggin it in and its get an openpli image on.

---------- Post Merged at 03:49 PM ----------

need help to get this box up and running. its saying service unavailable and no channels are on it.

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 PM ----------

i have a 256mb memory stick...is that enough to upload image??? anyone reccomend good reliable image?

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 PM ----------

i have a 256mb memory stick...is that enough to upload image??? anyone reccomend good reliable image?

Ok o can help a little but I dont use openpli. To start you may be better installing a ready set up image or are u willing to spend hrs setting up?

---------- Post Merged at 04:12 PM ----------

http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=415

Vix helios 017 image here. Ibox safe
Yes 256 enough to flash but u need bigger to leave in permenantly

Last edited:
permanently???

---------- Post Merged at 04:23 PM ----------

i was after a reliable image. which would you reccomend. liked the sly one but heard it is slow. the one you have reccomended to me, does that include all them add-ons for ts media movies e.t.c?

Yep all addons and feeds working. Old skinned 1 is there but not updateable and I like the vix skin better anyway. Skin is just basic colour changed to blue/yellow.
If you want box to last setup a 256mb swapfile and save epg data to usb which then needs to be in permanently. And you can then record also. I'd recommend usb 3 drive/stick as u know itll be fast enough ( but box only uses usb2)

thanks for help. just confused on where you said 'if you want box to last setup a 256mb swapfile and leave usb in permanently'. I thought u just put USB in once just to flash box, does the box messup or something?. not interested in recording. i can get a 4gb usb too, if that is more handy for setting up?

The swapfile and epg set to hdd/usb takes the stress off the internals on the box giving longer box life. If you read where you downloaded the image it spells out each step.
But ask if u get stuck

Last edited:
im all set to do it.
1st INITIALISE YOUR USB AFTER FLASH (make sure xpeedlx folder is not on usb)
Insert usb in back
Turn on
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation (select ur usb/hdd)
Initialise with red button

Menu
Setup
Vix
Swap manager
Make sure its enable at startup and active or see setup thread.

(Just change region to your local and add ur line ;-)
auto bouqets setup
cross epg setup to hdd
service scanning set to hd with no auto update with the hd changes that are happening its easiest
256mb swapfile setup
no skin because its better without ;-)
Includes softcam, fullbackup, mediaportal, ondemand, tsmedia, tspanel, vlcplayer.

Click the download link above
If you like, or dont, please rate the download ;-) Thanks

is this everything i do and then im up and running?

Yes. So flash with 256mb usb then turn off and insert 4gb before turning back on

---------- Post Merged at 05:50 PM ----------

I should have said reboot after you initialise ur usb. Saves u having to set swap/epg/mount as box should do for you. But flash 1st and get back to us

Possible but I dont know. If you can then after flash leave box off. Remove xpeedlx folder and put 256mb back in box befor turning on. That way u can at least take epg stress off box

sucmnsee:
one final thing.
so the download link u gave and the instructions i highlighted above, is that all i do????????

1)get my 256mb usb pen, make sure nothing on it and it is fat32.
2) put the extracted version of the download on my usb stick (or do i put the .zip unextracted version on my usb pen
3) follow your instructions from there.

Extract folder xpeedlx
And yes thats u (started)

---------- Post Merged at 06:18 PM ----------

Dont worey if u fk it up u just have to reflash. No damage done

Never even heard of 16 lol Can u pop in pc and format to 32?

---------- Post Merged at 06:25 PM ----------

Or just use 4gb for install then when off swap in ur 256

Back