Cloud ibox 2+ SE tune failed!

Irwin85

Please help.

Ive set up a few of these boxes now but one over the weekend has baffled me. unplugged sly box to install cloud ibox but when I turned it all on I could not pick up the satellite. Had the box fully tested at my own place an worked like a dream so I assumed it would be a simple case of plug an play. It came of without an issue on BBC1 so I started explaining how it all worked through the remote and noticed I couldn't get sky 1 or any other pay channel to work. I did a sat finder check but all bars came up 0% with no lock. The guy is running a quad lnb with a dedicated line to both tvs in the house. I tested upstairs on the other tv with different lnb feed and still no joy!

If I get free channels then im getting a signal so why does it say failed every time I tried??

Thank You for any help

Some older lnbs do not work with a ibox.
ive only come across it on a couple. Work with sky+ box and a skybox. So unless the lnb in on box has been damaged id say lnb on dish is ur issue

Are you saying that you get all FTA channels, but all the pay channels are scrambled?

Appologies dude. I picked that up wrong then. If it was incompatible lnb ud only get about 20% of all channels. My bad.

The plastic bit on the dish. Ive come across 2or3 that only showed about 20% of the channels. The rest just sayed n/a and where greyed out.
but replacing lnb to new worked each time. Bout £10-15

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help again guys. This had be baffled lol. Ill try and advise what needs to be done and see if they could arrange. Last question though sucmnsee. Where do i buy a lnb that i know works, he has a quad up on the dish right now??

To be sure, first try tuning on someone else's again in case the box hhas gone faulty. But then try buy one off a sky guy. I bought one off net, was dud. Buy all my stuff off guys in sky van now. And they're cheaper ;-)

sucmnsee...as you know from my JTAG thread, I don't have a working iBox yet, so don't know anything about them, but doesn't a box that receives all the FTA, but none of the scrambled channels point towards an internet problem or a gift server problem?

As the $ channels work OK at Irwin85's house, but not his friends house, I wonder if there is a DHCP setting that might need switching on. Is there a way that Irwin85 can test the internet connection (like checking You tube, like we do on the skyboxes)?

I tried on the way home up the parents. First time i looked it came up no signal but then looked again an came up perfect an currently using box at mine. Ill ask around thanks mate :) Has to be his setup!!

Sorry I cant make a definitive out of the info.

In mates, is it black screen ur gettin? Or tune failed? Or lots of the channels greyed out sayin n/a?

Theres a netwotk test option. That'll tell u if nets connecting.
menu
setup
system
network
device
network test

Is there a sly+ box connected to the LNB giving issues? If so then unplug the sly+ from mains and try the ibox.

Unplug it from mains, not standby.....as it will still be powering the LNB. Try it with all other's that are connected to the LNB powered off at mains, you might need the "no signal" fix if it works with the other box powered off.

It's for the F5S normally but I've had to install it a few times now for ibox's too with the tune failed symptom, search "skybox no signal fix" its a hardware fix on your sat feed. Try with the other box off first to see if it is the issue first.

Back