Creating Hardlink to Timeshift file failed! Message

Thanks for the clear step by step.
Im not sure why using ntfs makes a difference as surely the box formats it to EX4 for Linux to work. So here is the thing Tech Kings. I only have Mac's and ntfs is something they do not do. I can format to fat32 and while I was setting the box up in the last few days several times pause and rewind worked. Has anyone got a solution for me. All the points in the previous post have been followed. Looking forward to having this box finally doing its jobs

ideally i would like the usb stick to remain inthe back usb port..because its vunerable to getting broken if left in the front usb port..kids eh !.

yes i can, but will this method posted by Davey629 stop the error message if I plugged the USB stick in the rear port?..I have toddler running around who has a habit of throwing remotes and pulling usb sticks out of Sat boxes lol

I'm struggling to understand your problem - if you're getting that error message then you shouldn't be able to record or use timeshift function?

actually i was able to record and use the timeshift, strangely enough but i was getting that message when i boot my zgemma up, but i followed the methood mentioned and its working fine , no error messages even when i reboot box, i also moved the usb stick to the rear port..no problems so far...thanks guys for all the help..great box by the way..

well guys im having problems...even though i dont get that error message anymore..my box crashes evrytime i stop a recordong...ive benn to the hdd to look for the ceash logs but none are found..where are the crash logs ?..im using openatv 6.0 image..

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm having this issue with my box at the moment. And its been given serious headache. Before i give all the steps a trial . I want to know if you put the usb back to the back usb slot of the box after solving the problem.
hi all
this worked for me.

i am using a 16gb usb stick

1.formatt usb to NTFS...put usb stick into pc/laptop whatever u wana call it and right click.when list pops up click on format.select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)
2.put usb in front of box.Press menu then setup.go down to system and press ok.Next select storage devices and select initialisation.your usb will be highlighted and press ok.Initalise (red button)
3.create swap file.press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager.press green to create>select 256 mb>wait until its finished then press activate (red button)then press yellow to autostart.Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.
4.Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to:/media/hdd.Press green to save.Then exit back to the start.
5.press menu>setup>recordings&Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.
6.press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device.Then press exit once(1).scroll down to Download now and press ok.

hope this helps

Back