Flashing Openatv 7,2

moshibeth

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Guys i have flashed openatv 7.2 on a spare slot on my box, when it downloads and box reboots its all in german. It normally takes you through a wizard setup and you have the option to set english as language of choice i cannot seem to get that on atv 7.2 anyone else tried. I have done the usual and pressed the coloured buttons like some guides suggest.

Flashed 7.2 recently and when it first goes into the setup I just pressed the red button to change language.Can you go into Menu/setup/usage&gui/language and change it there.

I tried that the skin guy we all know suggested the same. When my box flashes it doesn't reboot it's self I have to reboot it via the power switch

remove all the other languages apart from English with putty.

Code:
init 4
LANG_TO_REMOVE_LIST="$(ls /usr/share/enigma2/po/ | grep -v '\(en_GB\)$' | tr A-ZÄÖÜ a-zäöü | tr '_' -)"

for j in $LANG_TO_REMOVE_LIST; do
    opkg remove --force-depends enigma2-locale-$j
done
reboot

remove all the other languages apart from English with putty.

Code:
init 4
LANG_TO_REMOVE_LIST="$(ls /usr/share/enigma2/po/ | grep -v '\(en_GB\)$' | tr A-ZÄÖÜ a-zäöü | tr '_' -)"

for j in $LANG_TO_REMOVE_LIST; do
    opkg remove --force-depends enigma2-locale-$j
done
reboot
Thanks buddy it's only for testing purposes Big boy 👍

OpenBh runs super on the sf8008 i must say not many on here would go down that path i should think.

Guys i have flashed openatv 7.2 on a spare slot on my box, when it downloads and box reboots its all in german. It normally takes you through a wizard setup and you have the option to set english as language of choice i cannot seem to get that on atv 7.2 anyone else tried. I have done the usual and pressed the coloured buttons like some guides suggest.
For future reference, when the box reboots from flashing at the first screen press the red button that allow you to change language before entering the main setup.

Hi @moshibeth
Just flashed openatv 7.2 in spare slot this morning on a zgemma h9 twin and when downloaded and reboots its all in English👍
Maybe been changed overnight??

Attachments

• IMG_20230407_092938.jpg
    IMG_20230407_092938.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 4
Hi @moshibeth
Just flashed openatv 7.2 in spare slot this morning on a zgemma h9 twin and when downloaded and reboots its all in English👍
Maybe been changed overnight??
did you use flash online from within openatv with restore settings as in image normally clean flash of openatv always is in german by default

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 7
Back