Flashing Openatv 7,2

did you use flash online from within openatv with restore settings as in image normally clean flash of openatv always is in german by default
Hi @urie
I flashed from within openatv menu flash online latest image,backed up settings but selected Clean Flash only and still in English.
just tried again and same.
If you pull the download from openatv website and flash by usb will that be in German??

Attachments

• IMG_20230407_102659.jpg
    IMG_20230407_102659.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230407_102631.jpg
    IMG_20230407_102631.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230407_103249.jpg
    IMG_20230407_103249.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I think they have some code not to install language package on boxes with low flash memory. Maybe the code doesn't work correctly on all boxes

did you use flash online from within openatv with restore settings as in image normally clean flash of openatv always is in german by default
Sorted now i removed the other languages via ftp it was a clean flash

Hi @urie
I flashed from within openatv menu flash online latest image,backed up settings but selected Clean Flash only and still in English.
just tried again and same.
If you pull the download from openatv website and flash by usb will that be in German??
just noticed images are named multi is that for multiboot or perhaps multiligual and it may detect your time zone just grasping at straws as to say

Still confused I have flashed with same method clean (just flash and start clean ) and it will be in german.

P.S. I will try flash other partition tonight to see what happens :smiley:

Last edited:
just noticed images are named multi is that for multiboot or perhaps multiligual and it may detect your time zone just grasping at straws as to say

Still confused I have flashed with same method clean (just flash and start clean ) and it will be in german.
I worked out there for a couple of years I can work the guide out there was no option to change language on it.

I thought you just repeatedly press the red button when the box boots into the setup wizard until you get to English?

Maybe you all need to install a British image evil laugh.gif

I worked out there for a couple of years I can work the guide out there was no option to change language on it.
you can when installing if you are multilingual no just kidding but when you get to first screen on setup press red button and you can move through various languages.
But as for your test you would have probably be flashing via putty not via online flash on installed setup.

Via flashonline you can add myrestore.sh file to Harddisk/images/config floder and it will remove unneeded plugins or langauge files e.t.c when installing

I thought you just repeatedly press the red button when the box boots into the setup wizard until you get to English?

Maybe you all need to install a British image View attachment 89655
Now i have customized willobuild to my liking it's looking pretty good 😂l have put a nice build onto slot 4 black hole do like that to be fair.

I thought you built your own images. Once you set it up, you can build any of those images.
I've been a bit lazy lately Embarrassed.png I'll have to crank up my ubuntu box again 2thumbsup.gif
I suppose if I'm only building for myself I can just put the feeds on my NAS ! puzzled.gif

Thought you had an octagon 8008
I've got 3 of them but only got an AX61 and an Edision OS Mio to mess about with.
One of the SF8008's is in use in another wing of the house and another has a faulty lan port (and I took the wifi antennae off it ages ago and can't find them now) and the other is a combi when I only really use sat.

I've got 3 of them but only got an AX61 and an Edision OS Mio to mess about with.
One of the SF8008's is in use in another wing of the house and another has a faulty lan port (and I took the wifi antennae off it ages ago and can't find them now) and the other is a combi when I only really use sat.
You are missing a GTmedia box there 😁

Maybe you all need to install a British image View attachment 89655
I know most people flash their images online now but I found if you go to Open ATV nightly downloads a popup appears asking you if you want to translate to English.If you select yes it will just leave the English Downloads. There is normally about 8 in the list,but after selecting English there are only 2. Just never noticed that before.

One thing I find with ATV they will not allow multi boot option within the firmware. All the others if you go into restart option you can switch to a different slot

One thing I find with ATV they will not allow multi boot option within the firmware. All the others if you go into restart option you can switch to a different slot
I noticed that,I thought I was doing something wrong. My gigablue has hardware multiboot but since deleting the main image on slot 1,can't seem to get it working with multiboot using Open Atv.

Back