Getting a Ibox 2 plus soon... any tips/help

Yer thx for that, I think its a problem with my browser! not sure. dropbox would be good as used up all my free downloads on ul.net not cause of .js file. much appreciated sucmnsee.

Front panel because Vix dont do this box because its a clone. Its modded (well).

Remote not working means u must run 29/05/14 bootloader and reflash or stick to old non working images. The new 05/08/14 bootloader isnt necessary yet but up to you. Im avoiding until I have to.

Id use the 11/08/14 image imho

I know it's a clone but still doesn't add up why they can't get the front panel to work when others have had it working from the start (the older vix image at least displayed the time on front)

Isn't it risky flashing the bootloader (how do i find out which is correct version for my box and what my current one is)?

I'm confused my box already came with 751mhz so that would already be the 29/05/15 bootloader right?

Howdya know? :-)
And if it was on 3.0.6 it was old bootloader id say. Could be wrong but id say thats it.

Last edited:
Howdya know? :-)
And if it was on 3.0.6 it was old bootloader id say. Could be wrong but id say thats it.

In the info on old vix image it showed 751mhz cpu the same with the openpli 4 image i tried and the packaging plus manual included states 751mhz mips processor.

Ok but then why giving the bootloader symptoms of remote not working I dont know.
Unless its had the 05/08/14 bootloader already run?
What kernel version does it show?

---------- Post Merged at 04:16 PM ----------

Yer thx for that, I think its a problem with my browser! not sure. dropbox would be good as used up all my free downloads on ul.net not cause of .js file. much appreciated sucmnsee.

No probs. Pm email for link after 6pm when home

Ok but then why giving the bootloader symptoms of remote not working I dont know.
Unless its had the 05/08/14 bootloader already run?
What kernel version does it show?

What place would I find the kernal version?

I looked inside the box and on each part it has air ddt 1300 hd r1.0 if that is any use

And im lost a little sorry. Been lots replies today. You want vix but cant get 11/08/14 to flash?
And does it say made in korea on back ur box?
---------- Post Merged at 07:12 PM ----------

Still need ur email (pm) if u want Dropbox link dude

And im lost a little sorry. Been lots replies today. You want vix but cant get 11/08/14 to flash?
And does it say made in korea on back ur box?
---------- Post Merged at 07:12 PM ----------

Still need ur email (pm) if u want Dropbox link dude

It flashes to the box but remote doesn't work.

Box has nothing on it a part from a warranty tamper sticker and underside the model number with serial (no made in korea any where on or inside the box)

Motherboard and all the other parts inside have "AIR DDT-1300 HD R1.0" on them.

OpenVIX 3.0.808 was pre flashed when I got the box the seller told me he puts this on all his boxes (this version had issues)

I just flashed after the Vix you linked to wouldn't work Openpli 4 kernal 3.6.0 this works fine with remote.

This is just my opinion

But id go ahead with 29/05/14 bootloader and try again. Like I say this is just what id do and up to you. I completely understand not wanting to brick it.
Or try the raw images from cloud-ibox'dot'net

Try 025. Flash Shouldnt work. But if it does should mean ur on 05/08/14 bootloader.

If not I dont think any other option than to get the 29/05/14 bootloader on

And then we'll know where u stand

Again. All this just opinion

Last edited:
Ok. Trying the most recent Bootloader on my oldest box.
Flashed fine and seemed to take less than 30 secs.
Booted after exactly same. Maybe little slower.
Didnt need to reflash. Didnt wipe image. All good.
Made a 24/08/14 backup so flashing with it to make sure all is well.
Went fine.
Turned off and normal hdd back in.
Went fine.
Appolo 025
Kernel 3.6.0 (thought this would have changed. But sure :-)
Drivers 2014-03-07
Last update 2014-08-12

But basically, for me, everything went fine and im uploading the Apollo 025 with dumbguys tsmedia 7.6 on it.
So we know this flash works on a box with both the 29/05/14 Bootloader OR the 05/08/14 Bootloader ;)
I do not recommend anything after here :-)

Went to software update
1 update available but no oe info or e2 info. But chanced it anyway lol
Dont know what the upate did as all info reads as above

Hi mate I don't mind the other problem the other guys got but its got me all confused haha ...... so ive ordered the box paid the guy should be coming Wednesday plus ive got all my usb's sorted and everything else basically but I've forgot where I've put the vix file you told me to use... any chance you could link it to us again?
Thanks

Ok. Trying the most recent Bootloader on my oldest box.
Flashed fine and seemed to take less than 30 secs.
Booted after exactly same. Maybe little slower.
Didnt need to reflash. Didnt wipe image. All good.
Made a 24/08/14 backup so flashing with it to make sure all is well.
Went fine.
Turned off and normal hdd back in.
Went fine.
Appolo 025
Kernel 3.6.0 (thought this would have changed. But sure :-)
Drivers 2014-03-07
Last update 2014-08-12

But basically, for me, everything went fine and im uploading the Apollo 025 with dumbguys tsmedia 7.6 on it.
So we know this flash works on a box with both the 29/05/14 Bootloader OR the 05/08/14 Bootloader ;)
I do not recommend anything after here :-)

Went to software update
1 update available but no oe info or e2 info. But chanced it anyway lol
Dont know what the upate did as all info reads as above

That is good you ran into no issues.

The kernal still shows up as 3.6.0 due to that is what the image you are using is running on (future images will be using different kernel which is why they are advising to do the kernel update)

I just flashed this to my box all is good (needs 29-05-14 bootloader to run)

Only things left is to get picons working and set the channels to follow sky numbering for my area

Nice 1 dude.
I dont use picons cause was told everytime ch changes it looks for picon so thought it would slow ch change. But let us know what you think.

---------- Post Merged at 06:30 PM ----------

Nice one mate... im putting the whole cloudix folder in yep? and am i plugging the usb in and then turning it on from the plug socket or actually turning the box on from the remote?

Yes dude. Box off at back will do. Not at remote. Then usb in and power on. (If blank display leave for 15 min)

Last edited:
Awesome... my only worry is that I come back and it hasn't flashed for some reason.. I guess I'll just plug the usb in, switch the plug on and just leave the room for about 20 minutes and hope its worked haha... and how do i know if it has flashed successfully? for all i know the preinstalled image and this one look the same lol

Nice 1 dude.
I dont use picons cause was told everytime ch changes it looks for picon so thought it would slow ch change. But let us know what you think.

---------- Post Merged at 06:30 PM ----------

Nice one mate... im putting the whole cloudix folder in yep? and am i plugging the usb in and then turning it on from the plug socket or actually turning the box on from the remote?

Yes dude. Box off at back will do. Not at remote. Then usb in and power on. (If blank display leave for 15 min)

It will be set bbc1 northern ireland

1 of 3 the things will happen.

1 will say boot then flash then stuff then sit on U-rF then eventually say done (good)

2 will say nothing. Wait 15 min, turn off and remove usb (good)

3 boots up as normal (bad)

I have found when it comes to flashing firmware you should also remove the plug at the wall for minimum two minutes.

Not noticed channel change speed difference with picons but did notice when i first put them on the epg was slow but now it's fine.

How do I change the channel list for my area I can't see any option for it? the same with saving epg to usb drive.

Back