Glitchy playback of recordings

dumbguy

Is anyone else finding that recordings made on ibox 2+ are very glitchy even though the channel was not glitching during recording? I am using a 320 Gb Hitachi drive (formatted and mounted correctly for ibox). The Hdd works perfectly (when formatted to NTFS) with skybox and windows.
Playback of the recordings also work fine when replayed using a DLNA enabled bluray player. It's only when using media scanner or movie browser that I get the problem. Is there a better Media Player I can use (have looked and can't find one). Seems to be worse with HD channels (BBC etc.).
Thanks, all advice appreciated.

ibox 2

fisrt, did you format the disc properly using the manufacturer setting.
2] did you buy the disc from a well know shop like argos where you will be guarantee 100% genuiness?
3]your ibox 2 player need to be reset

Last edited:
Yes to all. I should also point out that I have tried various usb sticks, A Hitachi 750Gb and a WD 160Gb hdd all with the same results. The recordings themselves seem to be ok, as they play back fine under dlna. They just glitch when playing back on the ibox. My guess is that the problem lies with the media playback software on the ibox. (I know that people have reported this on Blackhole images, but this is on Vix). I have tried using media scanner, movie browser and TSmedia player. The first 2 glitch (sound continues but video freezes until pause button pressed then works for a few seconds etc.) TSmedia player crashes when trying to open recordings (but works perfectly on streams, downloads etc.). I was wondering particularly if there is another program available to play back recordings with (VLC frontend does not have this capability).
Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 PM ----------

Don't know if it's got anything to do with this, but I have noticed that recordings are in transport stream format and not MPEG (like most satellite recordings). Trying to see if there is anyway of changing recording format. Maybe adding DVD playback capability will help?

Something I didn't think off. Will check. Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 02:11 PM ----------

Timeshift was off.
Have tried adding enhanced movie center (seems like a nicer player to use) but no difference to playback. Can't get any dvd playback at the mo as feeds aren't working (unstable message). Will try later.
Sure I can use it ok, but would like to fix it rather than changing over to bluray player to watch recordings.

Theres another one in the settings somewhere where In the little bottom right help pane it says "recommended for usb". Was that the one u changed? Think it may be in recording settings. Prob wont help though. When im home bout 11 I'll have a nosey.

I haven't changed any settings. This is the first time I have tried playing back recordings made on the box. I normally use a freeview recorder or the skybox for any recordings I want to make.
Does your recorder function play back OK or have you maybe not tried it?

I have my usb stick (swap-file, epg, stream-buffer) in rear usb port and the HDD in the side port. Didn't fancy using HDD for swap-file etc. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

i recorded off a HD channel today onto a 4gb pen in rear usb. Used media scanner in plugins and file played ok with no issues

I'm trying an experiment, currently using low level tool to format HDD. Then will format to EXT4 using minitool partition wizard rather than using the quick Vix format.
It's gonna take a few hours, but will see if it makes a difference. The ibox is very pernickety about the way usb sticks are formatted, so wondering if it also affects the way it handles Hdd's.
Can't do any harm anyway.

i dont use that stuff at all lol,unsure if buttons on remote are the same on clones on my duo between menu and audio i have my media recordings and i access through that to play from using ok button,i think the player might be for viewing recorded stuff on other box/format etc.

Well it took about 5 hours to prepare the HDD. (And it was only 320Gb), so if you are trying this with a large drive it might be a good idea to leave it formatting overnight.
Results: SD now records perfectly. HD still glitches (not as much as before but still unwatchable). HD still plays back perfectly using dlna.
So a partial result. Still have not tried it in place of usb stick. Will try that tomorrow. Seems to be on right lines anyway.

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 AM ----------

i dont use that stuff at all lol,unsure if buttons on remote are the same on clones on my duo between menu and audio i have my media recordings and i access through that to play from using ok button,i think the player might be for viewing recorded stuff on other box/format etc.
not quite sure what you mean. How exactly do you go about playing back a recorded program on your box?

Remotes completely different. No media button.

Have you tried using the other usb port to record and play back?

Attachments

• 20140831_004036.jpg
    20140831_004036.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20140831_004101.jpg
    20140831_004101.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20140831_004111.jpg
    20140831_004111.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Sorted now! From plugins panel, pressed green (download plugins) - drivers and downloaded usb serial drivers. Rebooted and HD recording and playing back perfectly.

No thats not remote sent with these.

Cloud Ibox 2 + plus REPLACEMENT REMOTE CONTROLLER (GENUINE) 2+ | eBay

---------- Post Merged at 12:02 PM ----------

Sorted now! From plugins panel, pressed green (download plugins) - drivers and downloaded usb serial drivers. Rebooted and HD recording and playing back perfectly.

If you get a chance, does this fix the playback of avi files? My box wont play 90% of them. But will play any other format. Plays for few seconds then bluescreen then few secs then bluescreen etc.

Will try that later today (box being used by she who must be obeyed).
Have you tried playing back avi files with TSmedia (local media files)?

---------- Post Merged at 12:37 PM ----------

Most of the files I have been playing with dlna client are in avi format. But maybe the the dlna servers on the windows machines (serviio and plex) transcode the files at playback. I'll try copying some avi files onto the hdd when I get a chance and see if they play.

Back