Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

if both lines sly and vm are n lines do they both go in the same newcamd file ? having a hard time getting this thing to work

---------- Post Merged at 12:40 AM ----------

also please excuse my ignorance just got out of hospital with heart problems and with meds still pretty confused but for some reason the box zgemma h.2h keeps reverting to the cable tuner even though the sat tuner is set as priority . god knows what ive done but at the moment cant even watch free view channels

managed to sort the box even ftp'ed to it via my samsung s6 to transfer the files , all i need to do now is find and work out where to put the picon files to make it look like the vm and sky setups

Last edited:
hi guys

updated to openvix 4.2005 on miraclebox and set up again from the guide by bees in post #1. installed mgcamd1.38 and transferred the mg_cfg and edited newcamd.list files (downloaded from post #1) to var/keys. Only FTA channels are working, nothing else.....anyone know if there's any known issues or I need to do something different? thanks

I Have a VU sole se from ***, my tivo box states 40160 and 6952 and have both tuners configured the same. On the providers though it states Yorkshire and then I get time out tuner lock. VM broadband all working and rechecked coax. If I use the aerial and do a scan on teresstrial I get 174 channels so the tuner is working in my simple mind. Everthing in the guide works upto the point of ABS and then get the west yorkshire code. This finds no channels at all. When I try a manual scan I get the transponder errors.
IMAG0200[1].jpgIMAG0201[1].jpgIMAG0202[1].jpgIMAG0203[1].jpg

bees sorry for a newbie question but as my box has two sat tuners (one feed at moment) will I say yes to virgin EPG in EPG settings.

Please ignore above, wasn't thinking. Got it set up ok.

Last edited:
Thankyou Bees. Very helpful guide. It takes a lot of patience to set up these boxes!
But feels great when the channels clear at last.

Hi,great info in this thread.I'm complete newby to this and have just purchased a xtrend et7500 receiver.
Can't seem to download the MGcam files to computer from bee's post as I only joined forum..Can this file be got anywhere else.
Thanks

howdi... made a mistake in the setup.. how do i get back to the setup its now gone after rebooting the box ? using miraclebox mini premium..

all good after a factory reset... im now at the stage - Tuner B is cable

Type in your net id, put yes against all the QAM settings, Scan additional SR, at the bottom of the list type in your symbol rate

i dont see the Tuner B option.. also which option do i select DVB-C or DVB-T2.. also in the guide i dont see the option to put yes against all QAM settings ?? i have option for Net id thats it..

Last edited:
Select DVB-C

You only get the option for Tuner B if you have two tuners.

cheers dude.. im now on the step - In the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers...

i`ve chosen my area which matches my net id.. but when i scan for channels.. i get error - AutoBouquetsMaker - cannot read data..

any ideas ?

also on my box menu i dont have option for - In the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers Order... not sure if that really maters.. since i only have 1 tuner..

Providers order is only for boxes with more than one tuner.

When you went to tuner configuration did you put your net id in there too ?

Your virgin box is the best place to get it,

The net id list is more of a general guide and some areas overlap a bit
so it's pretty good but not necessarily 100% accurate.

Hi
Thinking of getting the VU+ solo 2 se (dvb-c) with the VIX image. I'm a newbie to all this, am I correct in assuming that this guide will suffice to setup this box?
Regards

I used it for the same box with open vix pre installed, just ignore the sat part and set the two tuners for cable and bobs your auntie. Hope it goes well, good choice of box.

Your virgin box is the best place to get it,

The net id list is more of a general guide and some areas overlap a bit
so it's pretty good but not necessarily 100% accurate.

im all up and running cheers m8.. just need to try a few lines.. in the EPG is there a way for programs to be categorised ? also i notice when im in the MENU the full of the screen is stretched to far.. cant for the life of me find the setting to adjust screen rez..

Back