Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Looks like it was the mg_cfg file. All running good with the red skin at present. Still not sure the recordings re set to the right location but I'll keep trying. Thanks for all the help folks:p

Thanks..

---------- Post Merged at 08:41 PM ----------

Hi - Just registered, very helpful forum indeed.
I want to download the file on page one but can't, says I dont have privilege.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Liam

Hi,

I have an issue that is driving me mad.

I have an N line for sly and an N line for VM. I am trying to get the VM N line to work in MGCamd and for some reason it does not work but when i use my sly N line this works.

I have also tried the Nline for VM in CCCam and this works so i know the N line is not the issue.

Is there other settings that are required to the the VM N line to work in MGCamd?

Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 PM ----------

Hi,

I have an issue that is driving me mad.

I have an N line for sly and an N line for VM. I am trying to get the VM N line to work in MGCamd and for some reason it does not work but when i use my sly N line this works.

I have also tried the Nline for VM in CCCam and this works so i know the N line is not the issue.

Is there other settings that are required to the the VM N line to work in MGCamd?

Cheers.

Got it sorted from another guide on here :yes!:

Yeeee Haaaaa!!! WORKING!!!!!
My first box
Technomate TM-NANO-SE M2 Plus (Sat only)

Couldn't have done it without your fantastic guide plus a few posts that helped out with the problems I also had.

So...
Hints
Start with 28 directly as simple setup without other sats, you can add them later and it cuts down the problems.
Follow the guide, step by step. The guide is perfect.
When CCcam doesn't load and asks for CCcam.cfg see post #40
put your line in a text file and call it CCcam.cfg (it's case sensitive CCcam.cfg not cccam.cfg - that took me several hours to work out)
ftp it to the etc directory
Then continue the guide.
I'm using a mobile router (no landline) with Ethernet from box to router
I found that Green Button Start CCcam knocked the internet off my router (that took about an hour to find)
So Blue Button to AutoStart
Stop the box - turn it off with the switch
Restart router make sure internet is working
Start the box
it works ;-)

Thanks Bees and all the other people that put an awful lot into supporting us.

Hi , I'm new to this type of viewing as I decided to ditch s£y and purchased a Vu+duo2 Reciver. I've been reading a few forums about the setting it up process, which I'm following ok apart that I can't get the plugins option available in the settings?. I'm not using Vm and looking to use Cccam .
This thread has been so useful and like to thank Bees and everybody else who's put advice forward

On your remote

Menu - Plugins - Green button (download plugins)

Scroll down to Softcams click on the plus sign and download CCcam 2.3.0

You will need to create a file with notepad called CCcam.cfg

Paste in your C line and FTP using FileZilla to ETC folder on the box.

Then switch on the cam in softcam manager.

If you have an N line just follow the guide and use Mg Cam

hi folks bought one of these boxes and followed the guide above its excellent and great,

Ive one question anyone know where the sly skin is

Hey everyone, my brother wants to upgrade his openbox, i suggested an e2 box, but it wud av to be me to get it setup with bees guide, the problem is that i live in kent and hes in Liverpool, if i set it up thru my network and area, wen i send it up to him, wudnt it need changing to his area and network? Is this easy to do? Any advice wud be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

You can setup with his region and test and on your network obviously so he'd only have to go to network wizard when gets the box to connect to his router.

Big thanks to Bees, just set up my first first box. Only mistake I made was not sizing the screen in the wizard at beginning and cant find a way to re do this step.

Girdles, not sure if the solo is like the duo2, but try this
menu-setup-system-customise-setup mode -expert
then select exit,scroll down to user interface-position setup. Here you will be able to alter the settings.
I made the mistake of pressing the wrong button on first run set up and ended up exiting the wizard.

Screen sorted, Cheers
Nearly got line working, File zilla saying transfer done, can see files in urs/keys but still says no config files found please set up mgcamd first in /usr/keys ? using 1.38 active; error; garbage option,usage

I must have missed something, in the tutorial will continue tomorrow.

Back