Help can't load new image

Lawley

TK Veteran
Just opened my new cloud ibox 2+ comes with OpenPLi 4.0 installed, so I tried the to install the new image in the download section but the box just keeps loading as normal, any help would be appreciated

---------- Post Merged at 06:08 PM ----------

Only thing the box does is comes up boot, then LC-c then loads as normal???

Just opened my new cloud ibox 2+ comes with OpenPLi 4.0 installed, so I tried the to install the new image in the download section but the box just keeps loading as normal, any help would be appreciated

---------- Post Merged at 06:08 PM ----------

Only thing the box does is comes up boot, then LC-c then loads as normal???

i installed a blackhole to my daughters 2+ box many times with no problem..
you MUST use the rear usb...the stick has to be FAT32 and the correct folder in the root..
the size of the stick dont matter but the BRAND will..i tried two or three 4GB china sticks and it did like u say..but a corsair 16gb usb3 stick worked no problem..
u must switch off the box at rear...insert stick...switch on and if the stick has no led u will only see the box display random characters..
in my case it did say DONE when ready..there are many clones of clones for 2+ boxes..even the folder name is different sometimes..
hope this helps..

Cheers mate no look tried about 5 usb sticks getting my hair of a little with it, i get the image and put the xpeedlx folder straight onto the usb with nothing else, just says boot then lc-c usb starts flashing when box boots but nothing might have to get a better usb see what that does.

If its a new box rename the xpeedlx folder cloudix.
Also make sure its a folder and not a .zip or .rar file that you are putting on the usb.
Front display may either show boot then very quickly flash then rf then lc etc and say done. Max time should be 7 minutes.
Or front display will remain blank in which case give it 5 mins.

Last edited:
thats exactly what was happening to me until i used a branded usb :-)
make sure you dont flash the wrong image because my daughter bricked hers with a blackhope 2.10 dl from the icloud site !!!
i had to buy $12 board and jtag the bootloader back on the chip coz it was totally bricked..

---------- Post Merged at 09:09 PM ----------

If its a new box rename the xpeedlx folder cloudix

i dont think new or not matters...some of these clones are clones of clones and some of them yes require the diff folder name
i know ppl where asking what details where on the motherboard inside the box to determine if the folder is named one or the other !!
but could try both :-)

tried both and nothing still, using a 4gb Sandisk drive now tried some other cheap ones but no joy,

If its a new box its got the 29/5/14 bootloader already flashed and flash file must be renamed cloudix.
Mobo doesnt determine flash name bootloader version does. Its what bricks them. But I know what you mean about the older boxs.
Id say keep trying usbs but concentrate more on the cloudix name than xpeedlx if new box. Just my opinion. But I go through quite a few of these ;-)

the box is still booting at least ??
not just a blue led and nothing else ??
like sucmnsee said you are unpacking the files??

Double check the usbs are fat32 format and its definitely a folder not file ur flashing with. Should contain 4or5 files. Other than that id have to say its the usbs.

---------- Post Merged at 08:20 PM ----------

Ps new image in what download section? Here? Helios?

Got it to flash a vix image but wont flash any others and it is on the bootloader, wont connect to the network now wont set a ip address

---------- Post Merged at 09:09 PM ----------

Sorted the flashing out now, just can't get any internet to work, plugged same cable that worked in my skybox from my home plug just can't get any interne, says LAN connection, local & dchp are all connected or enabled, but IP address and nameserver are unconfirmed, any ideas???

Pull lead out for 10 secs ;-)
Or from settings restart network.

---------- Post Merged at 09:38 PM ----------

Only happens once or twice after new flash for some reason. Which image did you use?

Which image?

---------- Post Merged at 09:44 PM ----------

And have you got little green and orange flashing lights where the lan port on box is?

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 PM ----------

Also reset router, homeplugs and box just in case.

---------- Post Merged at 09:47 PM ----------

Or try
Menu
Setup
System
Device setup
Restart network

openvix-hellios-016-cloudix

yea both lights are flashing

everything reset and restared

keeps saying your internet connection is not working

And sorry if im a miserable bard but havin a bad'n lol

---------- Post Merged at 10:04 PM ----------

The vix helios.
Where'd you get it?
Was it a clone safe version? Dont know if that would cause it tho if all else works.

im out of ideas now keep doing network test but ip address unconfirmed,

in adapter settings i get a ip address but i cannont connect to youtube or tsmedia,

and DCC wont find it or connect when i put it in manually

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 PM ----------

got the image from cloud-ibox-2plus forum, was trying to flash your image but wont work for some reason.

ill have another go tomorrow iv had enough for one night.

No probs dude. Just as a last check, u do know winrar winzip yeh? Sorry if its patronising... My last advice would be try connecting direct to router with fresh lan cable but sounds like uv tried most things. Sorry dude

Managed to get your image on now, just worked last time i tried it yea ill try that tomo cant see it being the cable or the plugs cause just changed back to my skybox and everythings fine, i have got a new home plug thats the next step tomo, thanks for the help anyway

Last edited:
Cool. If getting lights at lan slot on box its getting something but not connecting to net which is making me wonder. Like its getting to plugs but past that dont know. Have set them up and walked away but dont have plugs at home.

---------- Post Merged at 10:48 PM ----------

By the way. Once you get this up and running its so much better than sbox it will have been worth it ;-)

Back