Cable Help setting up zgemma h1 on VM

Hi total noob here so forgive me if I sound basic. I've followed the guide kindly posted on this site but I'm stuck, one thing I may have gone wrong on : when saving the C line in notepad I deleted spaces Inbetween the numbers,, not sure if this will make a difference or not. Next when it says on the guide "go to open TV providers >> start order you should only have rytec VM Iin there" mine says sky.. Also when I looked at the channels there was only a few free view channels on there, no VM. I did a scan and it picked up all the channels but none would work and they was all over the shop. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Hi total noob here so forgive me if I sound basic. I've followed the guide kindly posted on this site but I'm stuck, one thing I may have gone wrong on : when saving the C line in notepad I deleted spaces Inbetween the numbers,, not sure if this will make a difference or not. Next when it says on the guide "go to open TV providers >> start order you should only have rytec VM Iin there" mine says sky.. Also when I looked at the channels there was only a few free view channels on there, no VM. I did a scan and it picked up all the channels but none would work and they was all over the shop. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Which guide did you follow ?

Which guide did you follow ?

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h1/84710-zgemma-h1-full-vm-setup-guide.html

hi this is the guide I used.

No it shouldn't be a txt file.

The easiest way to do this is to:
1. Go on your pc and download ftp software.(i use FlashFXP,)
2. Find out your zgemma's ip by going to menu > Information > network.
3. On your ftp software connect to device by typing in the ip address of the zemma. Port: 21 username: root password: root
4. Once connected navigate to: usr > keys. You will see 2 files in there called 'newcamd.list'(for n lines) & a 'mg_cfg' (for c lines) right click the mg_cfg file if your line is a c line then click edit
5. Simply paste your line info in there click file > save then close the notepad window.
6. Menu > Setup > SoftCam /CI > SoftCam Manager > select CCcam.2.3.0. Restart the box.
Should work

Correct me if im wrong anyone

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help again Burlesy.. Just doing it now, Can you paste the C line anywhere when editing the mg_cfg file? Or does it have to be somewhere specific?

My mg_cfg file has loads of text in there, what I would do is remove all the text then just paste the c line in there on its own.

Sorry missed that,
C line uses CCcam 2.30
FTP your line into etc if using openvix or var/keys if using openatv
You dont need to edit the mg_cfg file
Line should look like this
C : slytv.server.com 12000 user-10980 168248

Edit: you should be using a CCam.cfg file in the etc folder on your box using openvix

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up dangerous, I've never delt with C lines before, I read somewhere on the forum that you had to edit the mg_cfg file.

I now know, Cheers (y)

The mg_cfg file is used along side an N line (newcamd.list)
Your using a C line so editing your mg_cfg file will do no harm or good

Sorry missed that,
C line uses CCcam 2.30
FTP your line into etc if using openvix or var/keys if using openatv
You dont need to edit the mg_cfg file
Line should look like this
C : slytv.server.com 12000 user-10980 168248

Edit: you should be using a CCam.cfg file in the etc folder on your box using openvix

Thanks a lot for that, I've done the C line now, but I got turfed off the TV so I'll have to continue with it tomorrow. I'll get there in the end!

No problem, just give me as much info as you can ie:

Which image your using Openvix or openATV
Which line your using for cable (usually N)
Which line your using for satelite ( C or N line) are you using both cable and satellite services?
What cams if any you have installed ie: CCcam 2.3.0
If you altered anything that you think you shouldn't of
I'll guide you through it, it may take some time :bye:

No problem, just give me as much info as you can ie:

Which image your using Openvix or openATV
Which line your using for cable (usually N)
Which line your using for satelite ( C or N line) are you using both cable and satellite services?
What cams if any you have installed ie: CCcam 2.3.0
If you altered anything that you think you shouldn't of
I'll guide you through it, it may take some time :bye:

I im using openvix, I downloaded the latest compatible version. I have a C line and I'm using cable, is this an issue? I did tell the provider I was using cable. I have installed CCcam 2.30. And as to wether I've altered anything I shouldn't have.. Your guess is as good as mine! Haha I've followed this guide as closely as possible: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h1/84710-zgemma-h1-full-vm-setup-guide.html I'm rescanning now after I put in the c line last night

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 AM ----------

Needless to say it didn't work, I've picked up all the channels but only free view ones are working, if I go to EPG and last scanned all the channels are there but not working.. I'll try inputting the C line again I may ave done it wrong.

Back