How to Restore Previous Homepage

still the same after un installing no top bar when re installed, cant go back a page no file, tools ect. this is doing my head in:bang head:

Is there any way that you can post a screenshot of what you are actually seeing dee? That might be able to help us out.

no ferg novice to computers so aint got a clue how to, just removed program again went back threw my control panel to find it still there and downloaded it with the same problem, seems that revo unistaller program is not working for me,i follow all the prompts.

im trying to restore Edit view history tools help,
H thats the problem weve tried everything with no sucsess thats why ferg said use the revo unistaller thenreload it, now have 3 programs of firefox one won`t `work one in using with the problem havent checked the other out.

While using revouninstaller do you see anything about ask jeeves to uninstall? if so uninstall it. are you using xp vista or 7?

xp axxxo
nope H still got TK toolbar, then goole toolbar then this page.
don`t see anything to do with ask jeeves.

When you press ALT on your keyboard the File, edit, view history etc should show then hide again, try again dee make sure you have your browser open then click
alt%20key.gif

Once you have that menu bar showing then follow this guide TechKings - How to change your Homepage For Mozilla FireFox.

Dee on the keyboard do you see a button that says "Prnt Scrn" press this button while you have firefox open, dont worry nothing will happen, next go to start/all programs/accessories/paint. While paint is open click on edit and then paste. The screenshot should now appear. Next click on File and then "save as" make sure its saved as a Jpeg and save it to your desktop so you can find it. Now upload that pic too your next post, when you click on reply click on the button that says insert image, then select "from computer" and away ya go :)

progress i`v now got rid of that smug ask jeeves, now all i need to do is get the top of the page back.:doh:

dee try pressing F11 while firefox is open, this is my last flog at it an im givin up. F11 gives a full screen mode, this could be it, that screen shot might give someone a clue aswell :)

soz axxxo had to shoot out family prob, right iv been a madger plum need to get some lessons, i was hitting the wrong Alt key (Alt Gr) it jus keeps dissapearing nd iv still don`t` have the return to last page cursors.(y)

Untitled.jpg Where the black arrow is pointing RIGHT click there and the small pop up box will appear. make sure all those boxes are checked. Keep right clicking anywhere on the top of the screen until you get those options. maybe a moderator could use team viewer with you to take control and do it for you?

Last edited:
Was just thinking that alright. Teamviewer is probably the best bet here as it's very hard to know whats going on without seeing it and with Teamviewer it should only take someone a few seconds to sort it.

thank you axxxo thats me sorted im learing very slowly.
thamk you to H as you put me on the road to the fix.
thank you Mooley for all the help.
thank you Ferg also for all the surrort i had`nt forgotten you m8.

Last edited:
yea did`nt realise that the box had to be ticked now i no i won`t need to ask again.:doh:

Back