How to spot a clone

Jam33

Hi everyone I've ordered a cloud ibox2 plus. Hopefully coming tommorow but how will I be able to tell if it's a clone or the real deal?? Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody told me there is a lot of cloud ibox2 clones out there and I need to be careful

So a clone of a clone?

cloud iboxes are clones of Vu duo and other Vu's i may be wrong but im preety sure they are.

Apparently there are others but the major thing to look for is made in korea written on back.

Ibox 2+ are clones of maxdigital 1000 or GI lx, not Vu range I think

Last edited:
So basically if it's got made in Korea on the back its a cheap clone?

If ur more adventurous you can remove the 5 case screws and read both circuit boards for air ddt. Again a good sign not clone. Also make sure s/n on box matchs packaging.

Cheers mate. Could u recommend a hard drive for it please... Size etc and can I just plug it in and away I go or does it need setting up to the box?

Just ordered a hard drive.... How do I format it b4 installing it on box?

would have thought korea are makers of good sat boxes or is it a red herring made elsewhere? clones of clones omg funtimes ahead.

Korean boxes are good boxes as far as i am aware it is the chinise ones that are poor. All cloud boxes are clones that is why you have to use a clone safe image on them

Best bit is a supplier is sending out korean inferior boxs and blacking out the korea with a permanent marker lol lol

Apparently there are others but the major thing to look for is made in korea written on back.

Ibox 2+ are clones of maxdigital 1000 or GI lx, not Vu range I think

yes when I reset my ibox 2, it displays "are you sure you want to reset" max blah blah blah

Back