How to update your channel list for Skyboxes

cant get the download section to work anybody any ideas

---------- Post Merged at 05:47 PM ----------

cant get the download section to work anybody any ideas

keep losing f5 channels when i update

can anyone help ?? everytime i update my box i lose channels some dont bother me but ive just updated and lost skymovies disney sky showcase bt sports 1 and 2 they have just all disappeared and now setanta is scrambled ive tried the most recent update on ajsat but cant get them back any ideas would be greatly appreciated !!!

fantastic, easy guide. Thanks very much. I must point out my channels were scrambled for about 1 or 2 mins after the update then they kicked in and it's all working great. Thanks guys.

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 AM ----------

can anyone help ?? everytime i update my box i lose channels some dont bother me but ive just updated and lost skymovies disney sky showcase bt sports 1 and 2 they have just all disappeared and now setanta is scrambled ive tried the most recent update on ajsat but cant get them back any ideas would be greatly appreciated !!!

I'm a complete Noob but I suppose it depends what channel list you download? I just downloaded the one in the download section posted on the 15/10 (I think) and it's working great for me. (Skybox f5s). Hope this helps.

Hi, got the latest AJ file 15.10 but when it unzips it is only 61k and certainly not a TP_PROG.dbs file. Where can I get that file from? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this ? I was doing ever so well until the format dissappeared. Thanks

Hi, got the latest AJ file 15.10 but when it unzips it is only 61k and certainly not a TP_PROG.dbs file. Where can I get that file from? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this ? I was doing ever so well until the format dissappeared. Thanks

This is quite a common problem when using Internet Explorer.

Try using Firefox as your browser & download the file again.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. Will try both later when i get home. I think I was using explorer when I opened the zip file. Often the file has been uploaded in its true TP_PROG.dbs format rather than the zip file. Would it make a difference which unzipper I use? I'm using winrar. Many thanks.

Hi guys, ive just updated using the latest list and all seemed ok as per instructions. But i only have the radio channels? All other channels are gone and all my old favourites are gone, ive rebooted numerous times - what could have gone wrong?

Thanks for the quick reply, just tried it and although the channels are in a different arrangement they are still only radio channels? Im using chrome to download and im on windows 8, extracting file onto fat2 formatted micro sd in a micro sd reader.

Thanks for the quick reply, just tried it and although the channels are in a different arrangement they are still only radio channels? Im using chrome to download and im on windows 8, extracting file onto fat2 formatted micro sd in a micro sd reader.

Have you tried pressing the TV/RADIO button on the remote?

hi..new to skybox

and trying to find my way round...so far i have a F5s with a pretty glitchy / shadowy pic..any advice greatly apprecaited..cheers

help

Hi I downloaded a channel update list, I deleted the channels then stupidly I switched the box off and then on again. I could tell straight away that when I tried to update it was flying to 100% quickly. When I switched off and on again no channels arw showing and it goes straight to the menu. The box is showing no ch. Please can someone help me on how I can the channela back on as update no longer works???

Hi I downloaded a channel update list, I deleted the channels then stupidly I switched the box off and then on again. I could tell straight away that when I tried to update it was flying to 100% quickly. When I switched off and on again no channels arw showing and it goes straight to the menu. The box is showing no ch. Please can someone help me on how I can the channela back on as update no longer works???

Switching the box off & on again after deleting channels shouldn't cause any problems.

The most likely reason for your problem is that the file name is wrong, or perhaps the file is corrupt. Is the file name exactly TP_PROG.dbs ?

Whos channel list did you download?

Manage to sort it out mate with help from another threae. Basically the channel list was fine but I needed to rescan the satellite and then reinstall. ...thanks for your help

Manage to sort it out mate with help from another threae. Basically the channel list was fine but I needed to rescan the satellite and then reinstall. ...thanks for your help

You shouldn't need to scan before installing a channel list, as the list contains all the details that the box needs...but it obviously worked for you. (y)

Back