How to update your channel list for Skyboxes

format a usb stick to fat 32.

Download a channel list such as aj's.

Unzip it.

Paste the program list onto the stick
it should be a file called tp_prog.dbs

here is how to update your box with the channel list.

Switch your box on, wait for it to boot up then plug the pen drive into the box.

On the remote

menu – tools – upgrade by usb

change the upgrade mode to misc files (right button)

View attachment 10154

go to select and upgrade, press ok

View attachment 10155

press ok or green (add) button to put a tick by tp_prog.dbs

press yellow button to upgrade.

Wait for it to load the file, don’t press anything while it burns the file.

Should only take a few minutes, it usually loads slow to about 10% then wizzes through.

Once it says complete, just keep pressing exit to get back out of the menus. Don’t worry about the update report it gives you.
Then switch it off and on again to save the update ( sometimes it does it itself automatically when you have exited out of the menus).

if i have downloaded this new listing and i still get no sky movie or sports channels, do i now need a new gift? Mine was suppose to have a 2yr gift with box but has lasted like a mth or so, can someone pls link me to a good 1 with no real lagging/scrambles?? Cheap as poss pls tyvm

Hi,

When I try to download the channel list I am not getting a zip file. Only an icon which is a blank page. Any ideas how I can get the zip file?

Hi,

When I try to download the channel list I am not getting a zip file. Only an icon which is a blank page. Any ideas how I can get the zip file?

What is the name of the file you have downloaded & what is it's size?

If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, try using Firefox & download the file again.

Does anyone know if the same channel lists work on the newer skybox f3s's?

Thanks

I have a F5S and it works fine.

---------- Post Merged at 03:46 PM ----------

Hi,

If the file type is *.dbs then it's already unzipped .Just put it on your usb stick and you're set.

got rid of my duplicates, all channels grouped also, just need to edit them to movies/arts and whatnot. thank you very much this saved me lots of time

Bt sports scrambled and no signal

i have having this problem and its not letting me watch BT sport i had tried single satalite search.

are the list all the same or are some better than others. plus got a list down from the person i got my box from and the first channels where scottish region
thanks ken

are the list all the same or are some better than others. plus got a list down from the person i got my box from and the first channels where scottish region
thanks ken
There are several lists some with just HD some with HDand sd some with adult channels included some with out the adult channels and a sky numbered list Me personally i use HD and sd with adult as it covers the lot

Back