Ibox 2 TS Media Filmon auto changing channel issue

lee171181

Hi Got Ibox 2 with Open Vix & TS Media, when I'm watching Filmon through the Net TV part, its fine then all of a sudden just changes channel on its own after a few minutes. Its very frustrating so wondering if anyone had this before & what's the fix?

Thanks,

Lee

Which version of vix are you using? Was it a clone safe version that was installed? Ibox 2 or 2 plus? And which version of tsmedia is running?

Last edited:
Not sure of Vix version, its a safe one tho that was preinstalled, it is an Ibox 2 plus & TS Media 5.7 (that's the newest version it will allow me to update to).

Channels seem to run for 2 mins then goes onto next channel. I changed a setting in TS Media to disable playing next media file & now after 2 mins it just goes to a black screen. I have also added my filmon login details into the TS Media Login file under Etc/TS Media but that's made no difference either. Help!

Ok so it is Vix version 3.0, build 806. How can I get it to install the 7.5 update? When I try to do it via TS Media update it says downloading/installing to root etc but then when I reboot its still the same version 5.7. If I go to software update in Vix it just says sorry feeds are down for maintenance. How would I install the IPK plugin attached in the post, through DCC & where does it go? Im wondering if it wont install because it isn't compatible with the image?

Last edited:
No ur using a too old version of vix. You need to upgrade to vix Helios to have everything up to date. Do you know how to enter server onto box after flashing? And do you need help to flash the box?
If you go ahead make SURE its ibox safe flash and that you know if ur running mgcamd or cccam and how to enter it.

Last edited:
No ur using a too old version of vix. You need to upgrade to vix Helios to have everything up to date. Do you know how to enter server onto box after flashing? And do you need help to flash the box?
If you go ahead make SURE its ibox safe flash and that you know if ur running mgcamd or cccam and how to enter it.

Ok, I could do with some help to flash the box as never done it before. I don't know how to enter server onto box after flashing, can you explain how? I only have test ccam at the moment so know how to do those via FTP & DCC. Where do I get the Helios image from, is that the one you've posted in the downloads section? Been having a read through the forums but getting a bit confused with flashing/bootloaders/USb's etc. I only have 1 USB stick at present. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ok. Start by ftping ur line on to ur pc.
Then download the most recent helios in dl's.
I wouldnt bother with bootloader unless u can risk bricking it for good.
Recommend always having a usb inserted in box for use. Takes stress off box. If you have been using usb in box and initialised then it will need reformatted to fat 32 before you can put the flash file on it. Then flash and reboot clear the usb and insert in box and re initialise. All is detailed with the download link.
Then just put the xpeedlx folder on to usb.
Turn off box.
Put usb in back.
Turn on and leave for 7 minutes or until says done.
Turn off box.
Remove usb.
Reboot box.

ok so im not using a usb with box currently so do I just put the xpeedlx folder onto a Fat32 formatted USB stick with nothing else on it (I mean USB formatted with Windows from my PC or do I need to put the stick in the box to do something first - flash/initialise it?)
Once its done, will all my plugins, EPG & skins be there or will I need to do more work to get it back working?

Should I back up this config first so I could restore it if any problems & if so, how do I do that?

Sorry for all the questions just never done it before & don't wanna mess the box up.

Thanks

All set up in my images. Just s need set to ur area and add line.
No point backing up image as its too old.
Wont brick it as long as u avoid bootloader.
Service updates at 5am EPG 5.30am

---------- Post Merged at 03:41 PM ----------

Just use usb as is

Anything up to 32 gb. I have hdd 500gb working with it but never tried to flash with it. For leaving in box 1gb is enough but if you want to record use bigger. I use usb 3 (generally faster) sticks for people as box is much more responsive than with a usb2 (generally slower)

Last edited:
I thought it had to be less than a 4GB stick to flash with from reading the forums or is that older boxes? I have the Ibox2+...

Its picky what sticks it recocnises but size nothing to do with it (as the wife promises). ;)
Like I said ive flashed with 32gb fine

Last edited:
Let us know how u get on

Ok so after a bit of messing about I've managed to get it updated to your latest image so thanks for all your help with that - had a few error messages about softcam check failure and stuff like that but they seem to have disappeared once I FTP'd Ccam.cfg in so fingers crossed that's all ok. What do I need to do now, I saw something about setting the location/region - where is that?

TS Media is now on 7.5 but still got the same issue on Filmon that it just goes to a black screen after a few minutes of watching so same issue I had right at the start. I now have the Expat TV option, which works great, except for ITV 1 (which I wanna watch), I just get a blank screen.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sorry dude. Thought running up to date tsmedia may have cured it. I use icefilm which I download with blue button rather than stream cause they can cut out too.

Yeah me 2, Is there any settings in ts media that can be changed which could be the cause? Would I still need to edit the file to add in my filmon username & password?

have you any idea why only itv doesn't work on expat tv & all the rest are fine, or if not, is there any other way I can pickup uk fta tv channels?

Back