IPTV through openbox

I think im gonna let the dust settle a bit before taking a sub, there seems to be alot of issues with the over load and demand on servers being able to deliver a decent IPTV Service. ??

Yes, the file you have been sent is the wrong type..
The M3u file, called Webtv, open it up in Notepad.
It should have this on it for them all and then the link
#EXTINF:-1,Sky One
#EXTINF:-1,Sky Living
#EXTINF:-1,Sky Cinema Matt Damon

etc etc

If not, get them to send you a Simple M3u file, not one with Options.
That should solve your issues

hi there is a converter that will sort that problem I cannot post the link here pm me and I will send it to you

Hi,
Where do I go to get a m3u file for my openbox v8s.
Looked at eopenbox web site, that only shows how to install the file and not show how to get file.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Where do I go to get a m3u file for my openbox v8s.
Looked at eopenbox web site, that only shows how to install the file and not show how to get file.

Thanks in advance.
if you look for an iptv server on google there are loads of them out there pay and free ones

So, I started with M3U files not loading. Fixed that!

Then, M3U files loaded successfully but none of the channels would open. Fixed that!

Then, channels would open but had the 'no name' issue. Fixed that!

Now, is there an easier way to scroll through the channels or go straight to a particular channel number?

the openbox is simply not up to the task of IPTV. It can not handle buffering etc and will cause more problems than its worth. I would invest in a new device personally

the openbox is simply not up to the task of IPTV. It can not handle buffering etc and will cause more problems than its worth. I would invest in a new device personally

I have a openbox v8s. I am looking to test the iptv part. I have tried a few m3u files with limited sucess. I have pretty poor internet speed which may be the issue. Can someone point me in direction of a reliable provider to i see if this is worth pursuing?

Thanks in advance.

So, I started with M3U files not loading. Fixed that!

Then, M3U files loaded successfully but none of the channels would open. Fixed that!

Then, channels would open but had the 'no name' issue. Fixed that!

Now, is there an easier way to scroll through the channels or go straight to a particular channel number?
I edited the m3u file in notepad and removed all the channels i didn't want

I loaded iptv sub onto a v8s the other day.
Worked surprisingly well.

All you have to do is rename your m3u list - WebTV.m3u
Transfer the file WebTV.m3u to your USB
Insert the USB
Press Menu
Go to Multimedia
Then WebTV
Press Yellow ( Ready by USB )
And it will load up.

Bit of pain navigating the menus but if you press left and right it skips 10 channels instead of holding up or down.
if you open the m3u in notepad you can remove the channels you don't want ie the Italian or indian etc etc then save and load as per normal
you can even cut paste the channels into order you want them in

Back