iTunes & Iphone

j4v3d

VIP Member
when i want to add music manually, it says i have to erase and sync, is there a way past this? this was syncd with my mates computer, because i dont know how to add music to my iPhone like that.

j4v3d said:
when i want to add music manually, it says i have to erase and sync, is there a way past this? this was syncd with my mates computer, because i dont know how to add music to my iPhone like that.

U need to sync iphone to ur itunes n it will add what ever u have on ur itunes n erase what ever is on the phone. What ever music is on ur itunes u can add to ur phone by selecting folders once iphone is connected

i dont want to erase anything off my phone though, will lose all my apps and games, its jailbroken you see

in summary, i think in profile, there is a tick box that aloows you to manage the ipod manually, but if you look in the online user guide and type in delete songs, it tells you where to go.

Hope this helps

ps i know this thread is 5 months old but i thought i may help others

iPod is different, im talking about iPhone here

when i want to add manually says i need to sync and erase, i dont want to erase because i will lose everything on my phone.

it shouldnt erase anything! there are check boxes but if you dont want it to do that then uncheck so that you can select playlists etc. in options its says sync only ticked songs and manually add songs. also mentinos about config universal. Mine is set to however itunes set it up ive not changed it, but when its plugged in you dont have to auto sync it. Same as apps there is a check box to snyc apps ect.
How do you charge your phone do you charge it via pc/itunes, and do you bother with the updates.

it shouldnt erase anything! there are check boxes but if you dont want it to do that then uncheck so that you can select playlists etc. in options its says sync only ticked songs and manually add songs. also mentinos about config universal. Mine is set to however itunes set it up ive not changed it, but when its plugged in you dont have to auto sync it. Same as apps there is a check box to snyc apps ect.
How do you charge your phone do you charge it via pc/itunes, and do you bother with the updates.

charge it via PC at times but mainly by the mains charger, i will show you a screenshot of the message i get when i tick the manual add songs etc

lol dont be sorry, were all here to help each other. :)

itunes_iphone.png

there is an image when i select manually add music and videos, and select apply

i get the erase and sync message, dont want to do that as i will lose all apps, music, pics, and my jailbreak

sorry for the picture quality

ah rite! yes of corse coz its been loaded on another itunes it will erase all - have no idea why! have you rang apple or gone into a store and asked. all you gotta say it you got a new pc or summit and you dont want to loose everything on your iphone - you want to transfer it to the new pc

ah rite! yes of corse coz its been loaded on another itunes it will erase all - have no idea why! have you rang apple or gone into a store and asked. all you gotta say it you got a new pc or summit and you dont want to loose everything on your iphone - you want to transfer it to the new pc

apparently there is a way to do it retrieving the hex key and using some sort of hex software for you to edit the key and sync your phone without erasing anything, apart from that there is no other way, apple shop will just say erase & sync.

apple shop will just say erase & sync.

who told you that - have you contacted them - might be worth a try as you cant be the only one with the problem! there must be a way to do it. Same as when you buy antoer iphone you must be able to transfer stuff from 1 to the other without loosing it by jsut adding the phone to itunes rather than erase

Also give SharePod a shot:

Code:
http://download.cnet.com/SharePod/3000-2141_4-10794489.html

Update:

My bad axxxo, i thought you had suggested something else, but then i realised that wasnt the case. lol

Last edited:
looks cool! s oyou guys use it and would recommend. IVe just got spotify so i can share my music with anyone on my FB that has it

I dont have an Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod. I stumbled across it when helping out a couple of friends a few months ago. For some reason, i remembered the name fairly quickly.

thank you guys who have contributed, axxo will give that a crack now.. got some hot tunes ready to be blasted from my iPhone lol

thank you guys who have contributed, axxo will give that a crack now.. got some hot tunes ready to be blasted from my iPhone lol

If they are that great, i'd love to hear them.. (y)

Need to update my mp4, need some new tunes to jam too at the gym. :)

sharepod.png

when i click the "Copy to iPod" icon i get the above error message, how do i transfer songs from my computer to iPhone using sharepod 3.9.7

Last edited:
Back