Just cant get it to flash!

SSingh

Hi guys,

I am trying to upload new firmware and flash my Kryptview A750. I am using the STB Downloader and Bin file 24/04/2011.

I am using USB to connect the Kryptview to my computer (USB to Serial cable (RS232) adapter RS-232 converter, connect a serial printer or other device to a USB port.) . I am good with computers and technology and therefore there is no problem with the port all set up okay and using the correct one. Have tried the switching off and on technique. Have tried the press red twice and standby, however no matter what I try I get 'DOWNLOADING NOT REQUESTED'.

Can anybody please help? Or recommend anything which might resolve this?

Im using USB to Serial cable (RS232) adapter RS-232 converter, connect a serial printer or other device to a USB port.

Have tried the switchiong on after pressing start.

Just cannot get it to work!

You cannot use that to flash the box, you need an rs232 null modem cable, "NOT" a serial printer cable, if you dont have the right equipment to flash the box, you are wasting your time trying, as you will be there for ever.

You will also be better off using an old XP machine that has a comport on the back of it.

I would use Null modem cable, which I have connected to the box, but I have to use a converter to connect to my laptop. As my laptop cannot connect to null modem?

Am i missing something here?

when you connect your usb to serial cable to the box go to device manager and see wot port it is on

How is everybody else connecting using a null modem. As most laptops will not connect using a null modem cable?

Do I have any other choice with my laptop rather than using USB adapter converter?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

has anybody used a •DB9 (Male) to DB9 (Female)?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Its on port 10.

I have also tried the option of changing the port to port 1.

Still no joy!

Does anybody know if a 9 Pin Male Male Serial RS232 Gender Changer Adapter works?

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Bobby,

yes I have downloaded the drivers. All successful here. Correct port selected etc.

Wasting your time trying, as you will be there for ever.lol Kryptview you lets us down again, not so easy to set one uplol

i no this is a780 but it's just the same[video=youtube;Q2RbdhH7_b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RbdhH7_b4[/video]

Hi SSingh,

Many USB to Serial drivers will not work with many BIOS even though they install OK, and device manager is rosy in the garden.
With a Null modem cable, USB to serial converter, the right driver, and COM port set up the box will flash no problem.

Try one of these drivers here or here

jodav :)

okay.

Yeah tried again switching the box off. Clicking on the start and then switching on. Still no joy!

I do feel like I will be here forever!

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Hello Jodav,

I have a null modem cable, and then a usb to serial converter, I have the right driver and COM port set up and still cannot get it to flash.

I competent user of PCs and have all set up and using correct driver etc, still will not work.

Ill try removing driver and re-installing the one you have sent me.

Jodav,

Tried both drivers and no joy!

Still getting downloading not requested!

Dont know what else to try really.

Hi SSingh

Well if you have,

1) Tried Both drivers
2) Set up COMM ports OK
3) Are using a NULL modem cable and not a standard RS232 ( some boxes a while ago were sent with the wrong cables, IE RS232 instead of required NULL modem cable) they are visually identical).

Then I can only suggest your BIOS will not communicate with the box, many people have no been able to flash there boxes on this forum.

Best thing you can do is to find someone who has an older computer that has a 9pin male serial port on it (OS does not matter). You then have no Comm port to set up, and no USB to serial adapter required. It really is a doddle.

Remember: the box only needs to be flashed once manualy, after that you can flash over the Internet with the boxes LAN connection, so you will not need to find an older computer for future flashes.

Edit: Remember Serial leads are not hot plugable, so laptop will need rebooting after connecting the lead.

jodav :)

Last edited:
Back