Just cant get it to flash!

Thanks Jodav,

Whats the difference between RS232 and null modem cable. The cable I am using came with the box and from pictures appears to be a null modem cable, however the krpytview box to the rear, where the cable connects, says RS-232

No problem bud.

In essence it is a RS232 cable with the send and recieve wires crossed over.

jodav :)

If it came with the box SSingh then it should be a NULL modem cable which is what you need, There was a batch of boxes that were sent out with the wrong cables some time ago (people reported on here) so there is a small chance you have the wrong one. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to buy another one.

Maybe try taking your box to a friends and using their computer (take the drivers I supplied on a flash drive) with the same equipment before going down buying another cable route.

Or take the easy option and find someone with an older PC (because if the cable does not work on that you will know it is wrong)

jodav :)

Told you to get an old laptop or pc with a comport on it, your friends or someone must have one you can use, also it takes about 2 mins after you have the right stuff.

Ssing,
As said before you need a "null modem" the "RS232 serial" is identical
to look at but won't work.

"download not requested" is a cable or com port issue.

First, if you need to use your USB converter lead, find a driver the "prolific" driver usually work

http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?id=31 (sorry forgot how to post a link)

Then find the com port number you are using on your computer.

Go into device manager on your computer look up properties on the com port you are using and change
the baud rate (bits per sec) to 115200

then wire up the box and computer and use loader
to load firmware.

note the USB convertor lead don't normally give a very good connection
I had to give mine a couple of wiggles where it connects to the null modem cable to get it to work. It is better if you can plug the null modem straight between box and computer but on newer computers you will need the USB convertor lead.

Let us know how you get on (y)

Last edited:
i had the same problem, u just need to keep turning the box on at the same time as you start to flash. it worked for me at the 3ed try. get someone to help you and do a 3,2,1 count down so its bang on the same time.

Just a quick check, have you got an A750 with i connector
or later A780 box.

Make sure you are flashing correct firmware !

I believe if you load A780 firmware on a A750 box
it will brick it (they both have the same april date)

Thanks all.

All sorted in the end. Managed to find an old computer and connect directly and it flashed no problem!

Just before you press start on the downloader turn the box off at the back and after you press start turn box back on
Sorry if already posted

Back