Kernel Module Update Warning

did my wee test

came home did a system setting backup
flashed the box to todays firmware
restored system setting from the old

and all worked grand, went in to updates and it was all clear. everything was in its place like i left it other than skin
but thats any easy 2 min job

did my wee test

came home did a system setting backup
flashed the box to todays firmware
restored system setting from the old

and all worked grand, went in to updates and it was all clear. everything was in its place like i left it other than skin
but thats any easy 2 min job

Have you ran updates? I ran one yesterday and my box got stuck in bootloop but I'm not sure if it's because of my modified py files.

I use python files to bring in channel numbers as the custom.xml for channel numbers brakes snp picons so srp picons need to be used and cable don't use srp picons.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I know I'm not a fan of picons but users using my backup moan about them. The thing is 5.3 works fine 6.0 I need to keep modifying the files.

just went on there to check updates
and i see there was 32 kernal updates, no idea if they are safe or not, but there is only kernal updates
will test in a wee while

just ran the update there now and all went ok for me
i would run a backup just incase mind
i keep on top of updates, maybe different if you dont

Thanks silver. Like you I always tend to keep on top of the updates and noticed yesterday there were 50 available, although I didn't run them due to the current issues. I will try again tonight. And as normal practice, I always take a full backup after each successful update just in case the next one is problematic. Once bitten..................... ;)

Back