Kryptview a780 scrambled or no video. Turn off N on again! No channels at all

wizz99

Hello new member here. Hope you can help

I have a Kryptview a780! I can scan for channels that's fine, I can watch it for a while then channels will go off saying 'scrambled or no video' I will turn it off and on again, but the channels will be gone all together and I have to reset and scan my box again? Can you help at all please?

Any Help greatly appreciated

System info.

Date: 26/04/2012
Software version: Kryptview A780 pv4.1.01
H/W version: v3.0.0

do the fta go also if so sounds like a coaxial cable feed signal has dropped too low,have you checked all connections and any splitters?

do the fta go also if so sounds like a coaxial cable feed signal has dropped too low,have you checked all connections and any splitters?

just been reading on another site about the problem with the net id in oxford, are there anymore updates on it? was going to get kv box, as i got stung with the sv, but if it aint working in oxford will leave it for now

Thanks for the reply :)
Yes the fta channels go as well. I have a splitter one goes to the box and the other goes to the vm super hub. The thing is I don't understand is why do all the channels go. I can understand no signal but the channels go altogether. When I turn it back on it goes straight to the installation page.

you are losing the signal and that has to be an outside fault problem check vm site for breakdowns.
kv can scan in power mode for movement of channels but your box loses signal and it may default,do you put box on standby or power off at night?

Last edited:
Hi, I leave it on stand by. Just looked on the vm site and it says broadband is fine! "Tv There is a fault disruption.
You might not be able to watat
certain programmes on Catch Up TV and TV On Demand on your Virgin TV or TiVo® service at the
moment." I don't have a tv package so I don't think it makes any difference? I can't get my head round why I lose all my channels and have to rescan/installed from scratch. Wouldn't it mean there's a fault on the box?

Thanks

you see its posted as a tv fault so they are having problems so until its fixed you may not be able to do anything for the moment,if others were losing theirs we would know and see posts in forums. you could try it at a m8 house to see if its ok.

Cheers for the reply. I'll just have to wait because I don't know anyone with vm. Seems to be working okay at the moment. Always comes back on after a reset and rescan.

Do other people's channels disappear and they have to reset/scan? I had the wires out before and all channels were still there when I put them back in. (it didn't default) I've only had the box since Monday and I'd like to know if it's faulty. Cheers

Last edited:
it sounds like you have a bad contact on the coax i would take splitter off and just have minimum connections then try.i had a similar issue but it was a bad connection.
Hope this helps.......

Hi mate, that's how I flashed it in the first place with null modem cable.

The thing is if I was to remove the splitter I'd have no where to plug my broadband in?

I've been watching it tonight. It's gone off a few times though. Just been looking at the signal. Signal strength is 77 and signal quality flix between 50/58. Would a signal booster or tuner be any use?

Don't think so, from what I have read if you have got
"noise" think thats the expression,
then it will just boost that too. So you end up no better off.

Someone else may say different, its just something
I read one time, im no expert by any means.

Both strength and quality should be around 80%

You haven't got a tv package,unfortunatly I also read
they are reducing the signal for BB only users.

If you are loosing signal though through a bad connection somewhere, can't you just
put in a new coax from the splitter to box.

Or swap your BB cable around,hook up to the box and
see if you get a different reading using the other coax cable

If that doesn't cure it, you may have to pay for a small tv package
to get them to boost your signal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply :)
Yes the fta channels go as well. I have a splitter one goes to the box and the other goes to the vm super hub. The thing is I don't understand is why do all the channels go. I can understand no signal but the channels go altogether. When I turn it back on it goes straight to the installation page.
Hi wizz99... As your losing the FTA channels as well it can only be your coax feed as one day last week i turned my box on and it was on the installation page(mines been working for 2 1/2 years so i know it works .!!) my neighbour who has a VM sub said his has been playing up the night before..channels freezing etc..! so unless the box had a bad flash (but you do get the channels all working so the box must be ok) then it looks like the cable feed/VM signal is up the swanny..! ps can you plug your cable feed directly into the box with no splitter and then see if signal/quality strength improves..

Just tried without the splitter but it didn't increase the signal. It's got worse though as my TV has locked itself. It's a LG373000. The code is v3.30.1 searched Google and they say it's because of virgin. No idea how to get it off.

Just tried without the splitter but it didn't increase the signal. It's got worse though as my TV has locked itself. It's a LG373000. The code is v3.30.1 searched Google and they say it's because of virgin. No idea how to get it off.
m8 you are talking a load of tat m8 nobody can lock your tv not even virgin, i suggest you disconnect your tv from the mains electric and start again, as for you cable you have a duff cable in your house causing all your problems so unless you get it sorted you viewing pleasure will remain as it is sporadic.

m8 you are talking a load of tat m8 nobody can lock your tv not even virgin, i suggest you disconnect your tv from the mains electric and start again, as for you cable you have a duff cable in your house causing all your problems so unless you get it sorted you viewing pleasure will remain as it is sporadic.

Did try a few different cables. I didn't think virgin did it to stop me getting channels for free, Its just I read this "Lg tv white screen with v3.30.1 displayed across top ov screen While i was having virgin media installed at my home my tv went to a white screen with the message v3.30.1 displayed across the top ov the screen this happened at the exact time the guy was messin with the virgin box plugin it in the back ov the tv as a result ov this no buttons on the remote work or on the tv all you can do is turn it on and off at the wall has anyone had a simillar problem or any ideas as the tech guy left my house takin no responsebility so now i have to sort it out"

"problem sorted thanx for all your help turned out tha my opperating software had been wiped off my tv due to the virgin remote being linked up to my tv any one have a simmilar story with virgin media's faulty equipment"

I updated the software but the white screen came back on with a different code. v3.55.1. No idea what to do now.

Are you sure he was from Vermin and not SV (yes i know its below the belt but this is the KV side.haha) So is your TV AND KV still not working..? please update..Ta

I had to take the tv in to be repaired. :( The box has be working ok with just a little interference for a few days. Its gone off now though. Just the FTA channels working. Tried everything to sort it out. Seems like its a problem on there end.

I had to take the tv in to be repaired. :( The box has be working ok with just a little interference for a few days. Its gone off now though. Just the FTA channels working. Tried everything to sort it out. Seems like its a problem on there end.

There was a short breakdown but all sorted now!

Back