Kryptview a780 scrambled or no video. Turn off N on again! No channels at all

Same Problem

I too am getting \scrambled or no video on every encrypted channel. FTA stuff us fine, managed to break thru the Lichfield "barrier" KV A780 box has an IP address, I can ping it, it replies...just will not unscramble anything, for example sly 1 or sly sports..any clues anyone. I even tried the nul modem flash, but each and every time i get Download not requested error, I have thried this from 2 pc's using usb to serial adaptor on com 3.
Any help would be appreciated
Thankz
M

I too am getting \scrambled or no video on every encrypted channel. FTA stuff us fine, managed to break thru the Lichfield "barrier" KV A780 box has an IP address, I can ping it, it replies...just will not unscramble anything, for example sly 1 or sly sports..any clues anyone. I even tried the nul modem flash, but each and every time i get Download not requested error, I have thried this from 2 pc's using usb to serial adaptor on com 3.
Thankz
M
You have the wrong null modem lead..."download not requested" and use an old 9 port tower or lappy..!! usb needs drivers and stuff..or if your near essex or want to post it i will sort that no problem..no fee..stops you swearing and breaking things..know the feeling

Thankz
M
You have the wrong null modem lead..."download not requested" and use an old 9 port tower or lappy..!! usb needs drivers and stuff..or if your near essex or want to post it i will sort that no problem..no fee..stops you swearing and breaking things..know the feeling
U a diamond!! I tried with an old XP tower with a real serial port, and pinned out the nul modem lead to make sure I had picked up the correct cable, i had, but still i get the downloading not requested message!!..so to preserve the quality of my living room windows I would like to take you up on your offer to sort the box out.... as I sorted out the Lichfield problem, i'm nowhere near essex (pls dont remind me!!! I'm a londoner living in the midlands and homesick!!) the post option sounds good, how, when, where..... im new here so i dont know if I can put my email addy in here?

if you studied the sticky did you have box powered off first,does the com port need changing on the kv loader?

Yes, the box was powered off, and i have tried a variety of com ports, after changing them and checking in device manager, and tying that up with the drop down box in kv loader. I have been methodical with it and very carefully followed the instructions, but i keep coming up with the same message. I do wonder if i need to flash it really, as i have a working kryptview do i really need to flash it, my major problem is that all fta are fine, all others are scrambled or no video. Possibly vermin have blocked this when they upgraded me to 120?. Anyways, kind member Ted above has offered to look at my kv for me. I also have a DM800 which, strangely went west at the same time vermin did the upgrade, that one i can sort with my nul modem lead, which is also how i am sure my lead is good and working, on that the tuner has gone kaput..coincidence or...

And dell still aint failed.. m in spains box turned up today.. flashed,and now on regular show.... will monitor for the day and post to user in morning (movies,sports all working..!! Next punter please..haha !!

scrambled or no video?

Hi all,
I woner if anyone can help.I have a Krypview 780 and it keeps going of with scrambled or no video appearing, is there any way i can overcome this it happens all the time.Thanks in advance

OK Folks...Listen Up....Ted Luxton is one of this world's good people, few and far between these days, but, me as a new member in here...cause my box went tits up, asked for help in this thread, Ted came to the rescue, I posted my box to a complete unknown person..fingers crossed i thought...and it's back, it's working and i cant thank Ted enough, as i say, a thoroughly decent and honest person. (y)

As you can see folks not everyone is out for a quick buck.. The time it takes to flash the box is not even 5 minutes and thats the truth folks no bull..!! it takes longer to queue up in post office to send it back..!! haha so i never charge for a kv as long as you cover post cant say fairer than that...ps my hourly rate as a lift engineer would mean a charge of 1.43...(for 5 mins work) now wtf can that buy...!! haha

Back