kryptview problem

pikey2020

hi newbie here,having problems with my kryptview box,not getting any channels only the free ones,was working fine up 2 about 2 weeks ago,its a780 box.is kryptview still up and running?have tried factory rescan and retune but still nothing,iam not very tech savy thats why i went for kryptview box,any help would be greatly appreciated or if any 1 could point me in a new direction for a new box that would be great.is starview still going?sorry if this post is in wrong place!

@ Pikey, scanning the wrong Net ID maybe the problem, checking from a VM box (one you pay for) Home - Settings - Tech Stuff - No.1 is the correct Net ID for your area, this is if the channels are missing not if they are showing scrambled

Stating what firmware is on the box may enable more help, Menu - System Info - What Date.?

Connecting direct from box to hub/router via cable is better than using wi-fi or homeplugs, this is if the channels are showing scrambled

i bet its 2013 firmware as seen others with box gone off also. ted ya ass is needed=null modem cable KING.

many thanks cactikid,have checked firmware dont think it has got jan 15 firmware on,will try to sort that 1st,will also check other things you said!do you know if sv still up and running ?if so are boxes available to buy?will try to learn off this forum other options but like i said not very tech savy so have to take things slowly many thanks again 4 you reply

Thats right Cactikid sounds like null is about to make a guest appearance and an old laptop with 9 pins and we can go from there..!

i have read all comments and cannot see a solution to my problem which is that all updates are on there but still not getting a picture on all programs except terrestrial channels. all that comes up on the screen is the message scrambled no video any ideas, done the usual checked all leads ect. its been off for a week.

Hi I'm new to forum. I'm having update problem with my kryptview 780. Got 2013 update on it. TrI'd s/w update no joy. Tried null modem cable no joy. Not got old computer, only got sony vaio with windows 10. Tried 15 pin to 9 pin cable still no joy. Sorry for being a pain but am a complete idiot when it comes to tech stuff.

Hi there it seems that all the older version s/w has now been outdated and running on the 2015. Did you manage to sort this out Pikey 2020?

---------- Post Merged at 06:15 PM ----------

Think you will need a USB to Serial DCE Adapter unless you have a really old Laptop?
Regards Eggy

A780 signal down.

i have read all comments and cannot see a solution to my problem which is that all updates are on there but still not getting a picture on all programs except terrestrial channels. all that comes up on the screen is the message scrambled no video any ideas, done the usual checked all leads ect. its been off for a week.

Hi had a780 now for six years no major problems with the box has the jan 2015 update on ,been running fine just the usual glitches from time to time ,but recently the box is not getting the signal from VM and is showing up as a green flashing arrow on the hub ,I switched the main cable around and put it directly in the hub and my internet came back on with the flashing green arrows now turning blue(back to normal)but when I tried it through the kv box back to green flashing arrows ,hence getting message scrambled no signal ,but also cuts out wireless connection on the hub as well ,now I am guessing its either VM or my kv box .Anyone else with this problem ,looking at getting a cable splitter and seeing if that works any suggestions?????

null modem cable,9 pin laptop and bin file from here will sort that.. never fails.. Ted

hi fellas still having problems with kryptview,checked system info got 2013 firmware on it,have tried to do software update through installation not showing any percentage,i am going to try and get hold of null modem cable and try to do it that way,any help would be great as it it for my parents who are in there 80s so dont want to change to anything to complicated,or if any one in northwest would gladly pay for update.

Can anyone help. Got KV a780 - had for some years, went scrambled some months ago and left it as from reading forums suggested it was down to s/w as mine was 2013. Finally got round to buying a null modem cable, have managed to do the firmware update but s/w date is now 2012 and wont complete a new s/w update - constantly stuck on 'searching new update...' Any suggestions?

why are you going backwards with firmware as there is a newer 2015 in downloads which works,when box is on old firmware it will not online update as you missed the boat when told to update then.

Back