looking for a new box?

depends if you want to stay with e2 or if you are happy to move away.
personally i prefer an andriod box.
i would definitely recommend the droix x96 max.
comes packed with Amlogic S905x2 Processor, ARM Mali-G31 MP2 GPU, 4GB of LPDDR4 ram running on oreo 8.1 with options of 32/64 gb rom.

imo this is definitely the best box out there unless you have deep enough pockets for a shield

Firestick 4k is great everything works as it should Netflix etc. I find with the other android boxes ya sometimes have probs with Netflix and other streaming apps.

comes packed with Amlogic S905x2 Processor, ARM Mali-G31 MP2 GPU, 4GB of LPDDR4 ram running on oreo 8.1 with options of 32/64 gb rom.

imo this is definitely the best box out there unless you have deep enough pockets for a shield
Must admit that looks a decent box for the money, good spec. found the 32gb at £45 and 64gb at £51 on Geekbuying going to get one I think.
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/X96-MAX-Amlogic-S905x2-Android-8-1-4GB-32GB-TV-Box-405809.html

I've been using the X96 MAX with STBEmu Pro for 6 weeks and I can confirm that it's superb - fast and stable. Moreover, unlike many other Chinese TV boxes, there are regular updates (5 so far!).

Netflix works well but is SD only (DRM issues I guess) - Cyberflix and Kodi with Real Debrid more than compensate!

Last edited:
I've been using the X96 MAX with STBEmu Pro for 6 weeks and I can confirm that it's superb - fast and stable. Moreover, unlike many other Chinese TV boxes, there are regular updates (5 so far!).

Netflix works well but is SD only (DRM issues I guess) - Cyberflix and Kodi with Real Debrid more than compensate!

May I ask. where did you end up buying the droix x96 max box from? Thanks.

May I ask. where did you end up buying the droix x96 max box from? Thanks.

AliExpress for £40. I use their android app which can throw up some good deals. I bought it from Vontar who I think is the manufacturer. Mine was shipped from China but I notice that it now ships from Spain and Russia.

AliExpress for £40. I use their android app which can throw up some good deals. I bought it from Vontar who I think is the manufacturer. Mine was shipped from China but I notice that it now ships from Spain and Russia.

Thanks glaven thats a good price.

Does Netflix show in full HD or is it one of those boxes Netflix locks at 480p?

Hi, either the x96 can you plug in a memory stick and watch films saved on it? - very easy to do though as the person who would use is bit of technophobe .....

Anyone know of any boxes with dual sat, single or dual cable tuners, plus android option if possible, been looking around but havent seen any that match the above, its for a mate of mines father.

Back