my first python script to organise recordings into folders/directories

ftp'd to hdd and microsd and tmp - same message. Tried extracting the ipk and installing manually but that isn't working either. No one else is having problems so I'll probably try again tomorrow.

I remember seeing that file not found error mentioned in another thread but can't find it at the moment.

Don't panic mate, just tried installing a known good plugin and although it can see it I can't get it installed so I've clearly screwed something on the box.Will do a quick reflash tomorrow and try again. Sorry if I worried you.

Just giving this a go, it's sat on "preparing.. please wait" for some time now.. i'm not sure it's actually doing anything :'(

Edit : Still sat there about 4 minutes after telling it to install... going to give it a reboot i think as i can't do anything else :(

Edit 2: Ok.. maybe i shouldn't of done that.. it doesn't seem to be booting now..

Edit 3: Phew.. it's back.. but no plugin installed unfortunately. Will give it another go.

Edit 4: Unfortunately, it's doing the same again..

sW1eFLR.png

It just sits there forever.. It never creates the plugin directory in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions which, looking at your IPK, is where it should be putting things..

Interestingly (or not) my HDD doesn't seem to be available on the network either.. that's odd.

Edit 5: Right, i've gone back to Whoosh 3.03 and am going to give this another go.. And it's worked :)

I'm not accusing Whooshbuild 4 of any problems.. however there were a few niggles it appears whilst i was running it.. I'll stay on 3 until he releases his final version.

Last edited:
after all is setup what do you need to do to get the program you want to series link recording? do you just "add timmer" or "add autotimmer" if autotimmer what are the configuration for this? thank you

This plugin organises the files on your HDD.. it doesn't tie in to any timers or autotimers at all.. Just set those as you normally would.

after all is setup what do you need to do to get the program you want to series link recording? do you just "add timmer" or "add autotimmer" if autotimmer what are the configuration for this? thank you

As Danmed has said, it doesn't touch your timers, once the plugin is setup there is nothing else to do for it to work, it looks in your movie folder and if it see's 2 recordings of eastenders for example it creates a new folder for them and moves them into it. any further recordings of eastenders found in the main file list will then be moved into the eastenders folder.

---------- Post Merged at 12:02 PM ----------

Edit 5: Right, i've gone back to Whoosh 3.03 and am going to give this another go.. And it's worked :)

I'm not accusing Whooshbuild 4 of any problems.. however there were a few niggles it appears whilst i was running it.. I'll stay on 3 until he releases his final version.

That's interesting as I'm using wooshbuild 4.04. I will uninstall the plugin and reinstall, including downloading the IPK from the above link, again later today and see what happens.

That's interesting as I'm using wooshbuild 4.04. I will uninstall the plugin and reinstall, including downloading the IPK from the above link, again later today and see what happens.

Thanks Grog but i'm almost sure it was a problem with my flash rather than the build itself.. As i said, SMB wasn't working either.. Everything is hunky dory now.. Just need to wait for Whoosh to officially release 4 so i can get some of the perks back.. i might add the latest Slyk skin now though.

I couldn't get it to work on Wooshbuild 4.04 Alpha but I couldn't install the skin/plugin mover either. I don't know if this is because I screwed it up somehow.
I will do a fresh Woosh install later on and try again.
In the meantime I flashed back to OpenATV 5.3 and the 'install local extension option' worked fine but the GUI restarted without any warning.
I know it's supposed to restart but I thought that it had crashed the box.
When it started the plugin was there and enabled by default.
I really like how you have set it up to use bookmarks for the folder path, saves a lot of messing about and picked up my NAS directory fine.
I haven't left it long enough to see if it works so will report back on that but the previous version worked for me so no reason why this one shouldn't.
I noticed there are no Cron timers set up, does this version not use that?
If you do a future version is there any chance of a label on the GUI on how to access the settings - I had to read the instructions!
Nice job though mate, looking very good for your first project, well done! :congrats:

P.S. Oh and would multiple folders be possible?.. I save stuff on the NAS and HDD.

PPS. Oh, and a 'run now' button on the GUI? ..... Fed up of me yet?

Last edited:
I noticed there are no Cron timers set up, does this version not use that?
If you do a future version is there any chance of a label on the GUI on how to access the settings - I had to read the instructions!
Nice job though mate, looking very good for your first project, well done! :congrats:

P.S. Oh and would multiple folders be possible?.. I save stuff on the NAS and HDD.

PPS. Oh, and a 'run now' button on the GUI? ..... Fed up of me yet?

1. No, the script uses the enigma2/open ATV (or which ever) system now for knowing when to run so cron jobs are no longer needed.

2. Sorry having a moment here, 'Label on the GUI'? do you mean under the title on the plugin list page or something on the main setup (enabling) page?

3. Thanks for the nice comments and feedback, really appreciated.

4. (PS) I assume you mean having one setting for a 'store recordings on' and then another 'search for recordings on' which could be multiple? Its not something I have thought about, would it not be a case of only being needed the once? ie once moved to NAS there would be no need to search the HDD again. Would it not make more sense to just manually move the files so they are all on your NAS?

5. (PPS), I like that idea, I will have a look at how easy that is to implement at some stage, but not promising anything LOL

'Label on the GUI'

I may have installed it wrong but when I opened the plugin there was only an 'enabled' label showing which was already set to yes and the red and green buttons to cancel or ok, so I just pressed the green button and back to plugin screen.
If it had been disabled by default I would have had to use the left/right key to enable it and would have got the settings screen.
Does this make sense?
As I say it seemed to crash the box on install so perhaps it got installed wrong.

I have copied 4 episodes of 'Most Haunted' (sad, I know) to the default movie folder and a folder has been created called Most\ Haunted (with the backslash) but nothing moved into it as yet.

What I meant about multiple folders is that I have 4 boxes recording to different folders and just wondered if it was possible to organise multiple folders on the same box.
That's not really an issue though because I can install the plugin on multiple boxes and have different target folders for each one.
(I got round it on your previous build by having 3 different scripts all renamed to something different and 3 cron timers all on one box and it worked brilliantly).
Don't let me complicate your life any more than it already is - keep up the good work!

'Label on the GUI'

I may have installed it wrong but when I opened the plugin there was only an 'enabled' label showing which was already set to yes and the red and green buttons to cancel or ok, so I just pressed the green button and back to plugin screen.
If it had been disabled by default I would have had to use the left/right key to enable it and would have got the settings screen.
Does this make sense?
As I say it seemed to crash the box on install so perhaps it got installed wrong.

I have copied 4 episodes of 'Most Haunted' (sad, I know) to the default movie folder and a folder has been created called Most\ Haunted (with the backslash) but nothing moved into it as yet.

What I meant about multiple folders is that I have 4 boxes recording to different folders and just wondered if it was possible to organise multiple folders on the same box.
That's not really an issue though because I can install the plugin on multiple boxes and have different target folders for each one.
(I got round it on your previous build by having 3 different scripts all renamed to something different and 3 cron timers all on one box and it worked brilliantly).
Don't let me complicate your life any more than it already is - keep up the good work!

Hmm the Enabled should be set to no at default, I understand what you are saying. I can put a message on that screen telling users what to do.

So your recordings don't have a back slash in their names, if you look at the movie folder via ftp or telnet do the filenames have a back slash, they shouldn't ? I have a recording set up for later that has a space in the name and it should create the folder and move the files so I will check when that has completed

I do love the sound of your set up, I do only have the one box but was thinking if I get a second I might try and set up an nfs between them.

Just installed on OpenATV 5.3 and went perfectly this time. Disabled by default and right button enabled it and brought settings up.
It may have corrupted the plugin when it crashed during install before hence backslashes where none should be.
So all looking good so far... a 'run now' button would be nice though.

My setup would be good if I wasn't constantly messing with it! I try and run different builds on each box with different hdd options and keep reconfiguring stuff.
I've even got one of them running on just an 128GB MicroSD with no HDD or USB at all.

Anyway I will report back after an hour mate, thanks. (would a reboot force the plugin to run?)

This is a bug, i'll get on it in the morning if not before

Last edited:
I have copied 4 episodes of 'Most Haunted' (sad, I know) to the default movie folder and a folder has been created called Most\ Haunted (with the backslash) but nothing moved into it as yet

OK an v1.1 can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2nr6rm5d...xtensions-movieorganisor_1.10_mipsel.ipk?dl=1 and it fixes the backslash error, you should delete the folder with the backslash in.

Install the ipk with the ipk installer again (blue button -> plugins -> ipk installer and it will delete your old version and install the latest. You should not need to setup again as all your settings should still be there.

I have tested this with recordings of 'Madam Secretary' and 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' and they both worked as expected.

SORRY for the bugs, and thanks for sticking with it

I have copied 4 episodes of 'Most Haunted' (sad, I know) to the default movie folder and a folder has been created called Most\ Haunted (with the backslash) but nothing moved into it as yet

OK an v1.1 can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2nr6rm5d...xtensions-movieorganisor_1.10_mipsel.ipk?dl=1 and it fixes the backslash error, you should delete the folder with the backslash in.

Install the ipk with the ipk installer again (blue button -> plugins -> ipk installer and it will delete your old version and install the latest. You should not need to setup again as all your settings should still be there.

I have tested this with recordings of 'Madam Secretary' and 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' and they both worked as expected.

SORRY for the bugs, and thanks for sticking with it

No need for any apologies, you have invested time in doing this for the rest of us and testing/bug finding is part of any new development.

(y)Good effort grog68!! just installed your ipk!! cheers for this!!! keep up the good work!!!

Last edited:
grog can you post the latest IPK on the first post with a guide so it's easier for members to find the latest version great work

Back