My road to multi sat (motor)

Been watching this thread, my idea is if Cable goes replace my FBC cable tuner with a twin FBC sat tuner and have 2 unicable lnbs then I can take advantage of the FBC tuners to feed to other boxes with multi sats. Just not cheap, plus with the trees at the bottom of the garden it may not work lol

Last edited:
replace my FBC cable tuner with a twin FBC tuner and have 2 unicable lnbs then I can take advantage of the FBC tuners to feed to other boxes with multi sats.

How does that work? I've got FBC tuners in my GigaBlue. Might be worth considering in the future. I've never really understood FBC on Sat.

... Just thought about it.. Do you mean stream to the other boxes with client mode?

Been watching this thread, my idea is if Cable goes replace my FBC cable tuner with a twin FBC tuner and have 2 unicable lnbs then I can take advantage of the FBC tuners to feed to other boxes with multi sats. Just not cheap, plus with the trees at the bottom of the garden it may not work lol

I have cable also,
but, tbh, all I ever watch on it is British Eurosport,
everything else I watch is available on sat

How does that work? I've got FBC tuners in my GigaBlue. Might be worth considering in the future. I've never really understood FBC on Sat.

... Just thought about it.. Do you mean stream to the other boxes with client mode?

you must need a quattro LNB ??????
and the tuner works like a multiswitch.?

My idea is have a single unicable lnb for each tuner, so I can get twin VU+ DVB-S2 FBC Twin Tuner and have 2 Unicable LNBs pointing at 2 different sats so I would effectively have 4 tuners for each sat and easily use client mode to feed to other boxes and plex dvr on mobile and android box etc.

I may be slow at catching on here but is SkyQ a unicable LNB setup with a receiver with FBC tuners and all the extra receivers are slaves?

I feel enlightened now! Do we think a SkyQ LNB will work on standard FBC tuners?
There must have been a fair few swapped out for hybrids.
Im not sure, knowing Sky probably not.

P,S I dont have a FBC sat tuner or Unicable lnb. Using it to setup for multisat is just an idea I haven't seen anyone confirming something like this would work, guess ill find out if cable goes as its only £80 for FBC sat tuner it has to be cheaper than buying a new box (although it is £39 per Unicable LNB)

Last edited:
its nice to have something different to talk about on the forum

im not going to read these bits about fancy tuners, as it will temp me. lol

recorded some 4k over night only a hour some of the sample stuff
for a hour it works out at 9.32gb

I take it wil the diseqc switch you lose signal or is my switch cheap

Box one on the switch
Snr 84
Agc 75

Box two straight cable
Snr 88
Agc 6

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it wil the diseqc switch you lose signal or is my switch cheap

My diseqc switch was only £4.99 and works fine. I'm getting the same signal strength with, and without it, being connected.

I feel enlightened now! Do we think a SkyQ LNB will work on standard FBC tuners?
There must have been a fair few swapped out for hybrids.

I've done a bit of research and SkyQ uses different technology so they are not compatible:

Unicable only uses one cable.

Sky q lnb is wideband, i.e. it sends the two horizontal subbands down one cable and the two vertical subbands down another. This means it is not compatible with conventional satellite tuners.

Unicable on the other hand is fully compatible with all satellite hardware and just needs correct software to get it working.

Using wideband means the system is no longer compatible with receivers that use conventional technology, like Freesat.

My diseqc switch was only £4.99 and works fine. I'm getting the same signal strength with, and without it, being connected.

yea read cheap ones can do it, so ordered something else costing more money lol
buy cheap buy twice

went for a technomate one

I have an idea for tomorrow of how to more my 19 to right in to the middle
I have another multi lnb I bought a while ago but could never make work

But they have their own brackets which fix my lnbs and they have a mounting hole on the base

I was going to simply screw it into the new multi metal bar place it right and centre

That should allow me to move 13 in

got a chance after work to try out my idea

2018-03-26_17.01.28.jpg

this is the basic idea, using another holder on this arm
so i just drilled a hole in the metal and put a a screw in it
its rock tight

2018-03-26_17.03.32.jpg

here is the basic idea of it setup
also got my black rocket today (the one in the middle)

2018-03-26_17.38.16.jpg

2018-03-26_17.38.43.jpg

need to mod the middle bracket a bit more, want to make it a bit more slim
but its just idea i was trying out

the bracket for 13 hits the bracket of 19
i think 19 needs to some in more still

so now 19 is right in the middle

Got my new lnb today so will be having a crack at pulling in 13.0 tomorrow.
Quite impressed with the amount of stuff on 19.2 that has english audio streams though.

Back