new cloud box 2 plus

Lawley

TK Veteran
Hi just ordered a cloud box 2 plus for the main room in the house ( have skybox f5s in back room) what would be the best overall image to install ( want the sly HD style skin ) sorry if this has be asked before just want peoples opions and experiences with using these bixes as well.

thanks in advance

very hard when comming from an f5 to adjust to linux box you can do alot more but everything has a menu and can be changed and sometimes messing in settings not advised lol. i have used vix and openpli 4 and find openpli 4 more responsive vix seems to be very slow and sluggish compared to open pli. you seem to spend more time messing than watching with a linux box and sore thumbs chasing dead streams on tsmedia

Last edited:
1st time you may be better getting someone to pm you an image you trust rather than downloading one you arent sure is stable. I use vix because supposed to be more stable but its a personal thing just.

Ok cheers sucmnsee, does the Vix image work with the sky skin? Is there any plugins you would recommend?

hi guys wondering if anyone can help me. I've just got a new cloud ibox 2 plus and I haven't got a clue how to set it up. I plugged the box in and turned it on I've got an openpli image on the screen and the there's a message saying service unavailable! check tuner configuration! I've been looking through forums for the last 3 hours and haven't gotten much further than that. like I said am an absolute novice I need a complete idiots guide thanks

Dont know pli but this is for vix. May be similar.
Let me know if need vix image
(If you come across any problems with seeing/recognising/initialising hdd/usb reboot box may fix)
(You cannot take out the usb as it will have mounts/swapfiles/epg data and is formatted in a way a pc will not see anyway)

1st get ur usb/hdd ready and put in back of box. Then reboot.
Menu button
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation (select ur drive)
Hit red to initialise.

Setup
Vix
Mount manager
(Make sure drive is set to hdd NOT usb) exit once
Swap manager
Create 256mb swapfile
Then autostart
Then activate

Setup
System
Epg
Settings
Epg location set to /media/hdd and set to update and save daily. Exit once
Crossepg
Configure
Scheduled once a day
Exit once
Opentv providers
Sky uk opentv. Exit once
Download now.

Setup
Service searching
Autobouquetsmaker
Providers (set ur area here) then exit once
Start scan
Configure (set to what you want)

Setup
System
Software update settings
SET ALL TO NO

Setup
Softcam/ci
Softcam manager
Set startup and start
(If you have no softcam here go to plugin downloads and get 1. Reported most stable is CCcam.2.1.3)

Then you have to insert your line by ftp program into the 'etc' folder on the box..........

On a pc/laptop connected to the same router as ur box..
Download an ftp program like dreambox control centre or filezilla. I use DCC.
Install on pc
Start DCC
Click search under pic of box
Click search on left
Double click ur box when found
Hit reconnect button under pic of pc
Hit FTP bottom left
Double click etc folder on left
Use right panel to find your CCcam.cfg file
Click once on it to highlight
Hit ← button on screen to transfer file
That should be it entered

Any problems with connections always make sure the little green an orange lights are on flickering where the ethernet cable plugs in.

If rebooting your box make sure only the permenant hdd/usb is inserted. This will ensure the box doesnt remount to other.

Last edited:
hi guys wondering if anyone can help me. I've just got a new cloud ibox 2 plus and I haven't got a clue how to set it up. I plugged the box in and turned it on I've got an openpli image on the screen and the there's a message saying service unavailable! check tuner configuration! I've been looking through forums for the last 3 hours and haven't gotten much further than that. like I said am an absolute novice I need a complete idiots guide thanks

Look at the post just above yours....i just tried it and everything works great

I tried a few images and none of them played TSmedia very good....but this image played everything.
sucmnsee's image is the best i have tried...

the only thing is,...sucmnsee how do i play my movies on a USB 3 hard drive ?

No should be called Autobouquetsmaker as a plugin maybe under pli

---------- Post Merged at 11:40 PM ----------

Look at the post just above yours....i just tried it and everything works great

I tried a few images and none of them played TSmedia very good....but this image played everything.
sucmnsee's image is the best i have tried...

the only thing is,...sucmnsee how do i play my movies on a USB 3 hard drive ?

Hit either plugin button or extension button
Dream explorer
Media
Then select ur usb/hdd
If its a compatible file type to show you can also use media scanner plugin
I cannot find a player that will play .avi files properly so if u do givus a shout! ;-)

I've just installed vix from the link you posted earlier because I was having no look with pli haha so now I've got that far. I've at least got a signal now. Do I need to do the autobouquets thing next now?? ( I know am slow to catch on hehe)

I've just installed vix from the link you posted earlier because I was having no look with pli haha so now I've got that far. I've at least got a signal now. Do I need to do the autobouquets thing next now?? ( I know am slow to catch on hehe)

menu
setup
service searching
autobouquetsmaker
providers (change to your area)
start scan

menu
setup
system
epg
settings
make sure its /hdd and exit once
crossepg
download now

---------- Post Merged at 01:26 AM ----------

Using skybox at the moment, need to get rid of it now!! Time to move on ?

yeh. defo. if its your main tv itll be a massive change. its still budget but if your budgets 70 its great

Back