NEW Cloud iBox 2+ SE Vix Apollo 113 02/01/2015

its not a popular but new box give it a month for lazy buggers to buy and post back,its always the same with new boxes out,if you brick it let people know:whistling:

Is this image working ok only asking as i want to give it ago but dont see any "thanks bud good job great image" etc posts ...

As it is an image from Sucmnsee I would say it will be fine - but as he said - for SE version only!

CrossEPG XEPDGP ugly in EPG

Using this image and having to use rytec.uk XEPDGP cos openTV doesn't work, pressing favourites and selecting channel the listing on the right underneath the pip are too long and overwrites the listing below it, also the titles when just pressing epg have extra text in like [drama] meaning it looks ugly. Can i change the number of programs to view on the right under the pip?

Don't really want to write a programme to sort this but if needs must.

strange i used to use rytec an ukxml tv but not worked for ages and used cross epg and tick 28.2 and download and save with original images

strange i used to use rytec an ukxml tv but not worked for ages and used cross epg and tick 28.2 and download and save with original images

Looks like I have to mess with providers, i guess xmltv does the same thing as XEPDGP? The rytec data is ugly in this image, opentv looks tidy but as I said can't use it on this box. I just want a solution that works on all the boxes I get hence if writing a programme sorts tidying rytecs titles and descriptions then I'll do that.

its not a popular but new box give it a month for lazy buggers to buy and post back,its always the same with new boxes out,if you brick it let people know:whistling:

LOL i have already bricked one as it did not have the "only use SE software " note with the box and am currently trying to find a solution to resurrect it ....Hint Hint :)

Looks like I have to mess with providers, i guess xmltv does the same thing as XEPDGP? The rytec data is ugly in this image, opentv looks tidy but as I said can't use it on this box. I just want a solution that works on all the boxes I get hence if writing a programme sorts tidying rytecs titles and descriptions then I'll do that.

Dude if it was me (I know it isnt) id reflash as maybe something didnt work for you. Only flashed 3 with it. But all used built in abm and crossepg. Everything fitted and worked on all 3. Make sure ur /hdd set up and mounted and epg saved to it etc.
Keep me posted but 'seems' ok on mine.
Others plz post how going for them. Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 10:24 PM ----------

I hate rytec and the rest as they never work as well for me as crossepg. Just my preference

---------- Post Merged at 10:26 PM ----------

How do u fix a SE box with the wrong bootloader ? A family member made the mistake of thinking they were the same as the 2plus

It may need jtag. Type in to search and info will come up. If chips blown much bigger job ( I know nothing about either sorry)

Sucmnsee will you be doing any other builds with the other file systems? (openpli, openatv, openhdf, blackhole)

I like your openvix builds but I always find openvix to be very slow and bulky compared to the others minus blackhole. (I think the Sky skin you use makes it worse it's very old build)

Noticed for this SE box a lot of updates appearing openvix is already on 118

Sucmnsee may not be on the forum for a few days but to my knowledge he uses Vix images only and don't think he would have the time to create backup images using the other platforms. I think in the past Sucmnsee has said that the Sly skin can slow things down but up to each user if they want to use it - some find it asthetically pleasing. I also use VIX (and as I'm lazy, I too have used Sucmnsee backup images lol) but if any other members are using other images then I'm sure they can make them available to others if they wish via the downloads section, but each to their own on what image they use, I've never tried any others to be honest so can't comment on how they perform -sorry

Sucmnsee may not be on the forum for a few days but to my knowledge he uses Vix images only and don't think he would have the time to create backup images using the other platforms. I think in the past Sucmnsee has said that the Sly skin can slow things down but up to each user if they want to use it - some find it asthetically pleasing. I also use VIX (and as I'm lazy, I too have used Sucmnsee backup images lol) but if any other members are using other images then I'm sure they can make them available to others if they wish via the downloads section, but each to their own on what image they use, I've never tried any others to be honest so can't comment on how they perform -sorry

Only issue I have with the Sly skin that is used in the builds is that they are the old fraggle ones there is more up to date versions which do appear cleaner plus run better when ever I tried them.

I was trying out some of the other ones to see if I could build images but the problems I am running into is finding all the plugins/apps without having to register with a load of other forums and which versions will work but I noticed they are fair bit quicker plus feel not so bulky. (I don't think the poor spec of the boxes help)

but what people forget you have bought clones by buying cheap,if you wanted the real deal you should have bought original boxes as they can use updated images,do that on a clone will brick your boxes as seen months ago when thousands had their chips wiped.
patched images are old but safe is the point.

The fraggle build I now use is the 01/01/14 version as far as I know.
there is the blue hd if people want which should be easy to install for everyone through tspanel if they want.
im just an oul dude that sticks with what he knows. Dont forget these are to put out to mass audience and a good few have zero knowledge so this is for them.
ive tried openpli and openatv but didnt like. But thats just because im stuck in my ways.
id gladly champion someone else putting theirs up and am open to trying anything on a spare box.
I'm surprised noone else really does post images to see what open pli and atv can do as i for one would be interested. Especially if the likes of tsmedia, ondemand, xbmc all worked better.
Looking forward to playing with the atv or pli backups so GET POSTING LADIES :)

but what people forget you have bought clones by buying cheap,if you wanted the real deal you should have bought original boxes as they can use updated images,do that on a clone will brick your boxes as seen months ago when thousands had their chips wiped.
patched images are old but safe is the point.

There really isn't much difference between these so called clones and the original when it comes to this box (this box has plenty of image updates almost on a daily basis plus has official partnership deal now with Italysat, Opendroid & OpenATV)

Because something is cheap doesn't make it rubbish the VU boxes are a complete rip off and while people keep funding there high prices they will continue to charge over odds in the future (the clones with the chips wiping is purely because of the anti clone measures from some of the snob teams like openvix who if they could would charge for the product)

At the end of the day if the prices of the originals was at fair point then there would be no need for clones because it wouldn't be worth it to produce them it's ridicules when you can build a HTPC for cheaper then a Solo2 and look at Amazon Kindle TV box it is far better spec then almost all current digi boxes excluding the tv tuners for what £70.

I think these ibox are good boxes for the money only slightly more expensive the skybox/openbox.

The fraggle build I now use is the 01/01/14 version as far as I know.
there is the blue hd if people want which should be easy to install for everyone through tspanel if they want.
im just an oul dude that sticks with what he knows. Dont forget these are to put out to mass audience and a good few have zero knowledge so this is for them.
ive tried openpli and openatv but didnt like. But thats just because im stuck in my ways.
id gladly champion someone else putting theirs up and am open to trying anything on a spare box.
I'm surprised noone else really does post images to see what open pli and atv can do as i for one would be interested. Especially if the likes of tsmedia, ondemand, xbmc all worked better.
Looking forward to playing with the atv or pli backups so GET POSTING LADIES
smiley.gif

The versions of Sly skins I saw on tspanel appear to work on openpli and a bit iffy on openvix.

I didn't like either first they felt like a lot of work but it's the performance thing for me and I have tried setting up a fully working image but the whole app/plugin thing for these e2 boxes is a mess not just one place with everything with a compatibility list (tried so many different versions of one app it's stupid you would expect the latest version to work not like 6 versions back)

Last edited:
Hey Sucmnsee, thanks for the image, got it up and running without any trouble.

One small problem though, some of the menus are off the screen, I know you mentioned this might happen at 720p but even at 1080p I'm getting this issue? Any idea how to fix it?

Cheers

Hey Sucmnsee, thanks for the image, got it up and running without any trouble.

One small problem though, some of the menus are off the screen, I know you mentioned this might happen at 720p but even at 1080p I'm getting this issue? Any idea how to fix it?

Cheers

Have a look at post 12 bud - setting screen position to auto may help, but not sure as I don't have an SE version yet

Back