New ZGEMMA-STAR 2S Twin Sat

ive been testing this box for over a week now
vix apollo image 147 tsmeida&tspanel installed
both working great so far on the box skin mover plugin
also installed got problem when moving tsmedia to plugin mover
it wont transfer over to usb, got network mounted no problem there.
i ve got two more boxes coming today so last nite i made a backup
using vix built in backup manager backed up ok the files i got
are kernel.bin rootfs.bin. i have the "original vix image" and the files
that contained are force,imageversion,kernel.bin,rootfs.bin spalsh.bin
should i also move the splash.bin to my backup folder along with force,imageversion
to have backup i want backup for the two boxes i have coming today.
hope i made some sense there in my first post.

i flashed new box with the backup i saved added files force, imageversion, and splash all seems to work fine will test a few hours on each box see how it goes. hope this info helps others.

Vix image has always been a pain even on genuine boxes..forever needing to reflash to update etc and feeds going down.
i admit its a great image but your better off with open atv its basically the same as vix anyway..
if you are running vix then you can ftp genuine files from a genuine image to give you access to plugins/feeds can not remember the name of the files
you may even be able to take them from atv image as they are the same build and get access to feeds that way i used to do it on solo2 clone images.

Got mine today and must say really happy with it..
came shipped with openATV but had trouble getting wifi adapter to work even with installing additional wifi drivers...so flashed the Vix image from update site
set box up no problem wifi worked fine straight off with full access to feeds and all was good..even have channel numbers etc on display with Vix image 152.
good little box for the money...

Hi can anyone pm me where to get 1 of these boxes preferably flashed with best image so I can just add line details thanks.

Got mine from mobi dash shop together....
came with openATV installed...but it's not just a case of putting in your infomation..you need also to install ccams,plugins,channel lists skins etc
plus set the box up,start Ccam etc.
for me personally I have found Vix runs great on this box and so does openATV..
tried all images and stuck with Vix 152.

Last edited:
Great stuff guys..gave mine a real good test yesterday...running latest Vix image with 500gb hard drive in a usb caddy put the box through its paces doing recordings and playing back..switching channels endlessly doing all I could to catch the box out but it took everything..
never got too warm either...great little box and the remotes the best I've had for a cheap box...good bit of kit.

There will be stacks if you google..
Its real easy..flash image..then first get connected to net..go to plugins/feeds menu install Ccam,skins,picons etc install autobouquetsmaker from plugins or FTP latest rats bouquets to box,go to soft cam manager choose your cam you installed,start it..FTP your ccamcfg file to etc if your on Vix or to usr/keys using ATV.and off you go...

Hi mate mine is fine..check your device used to store epg data...
Sometimes you flash drive plays up maybe format usb or use another one and re download epg data

Its weird itvs showing up when a watch a certain channel for a while but not showing on others. Do you know where a skin goes managed to find the vm skin on here

Hi everyone. I'm thinking about buying one of these boxes. I have. Skybox f3s at the moment which is a bit bog standard and the idea of a twin tuner and full epg sounds good. Quick question, if I bought one, can I just plug it in, put my usb stick in which has my 24 month subscription on and everything will be sorted? I ask this because when I first got my f3s I bought it already done. Then I left him after a year because he tried ripping me off so bought 24 months off ebay! Cheers people

Newb questions, if I buy this and set it up with the external HDD does that mean I can record two things at once/record one channel whilst watching another.

I know it says it's a twin tuner but the pic on the website above seems to only have one input.

I assume I just unplug the box I have and screw in the two sat feeds to this?

my vu clone today decided to just red light, wont come on at all so unless I can fix it i need a new box and would want the 7 day epg and to be abe to record two things at once. this seems amazing for the price.

If you look closely at the picture again you will see a Tuner A and Tuner B, yes you can record one channel and watch another, two sat feeds is correct
i posted this link because i thought thats a good price they are going for £90 plus on ebay.. and this site as you can see is doing them for £76.99 delivered....

If you look closely at the picture again you will see a Tuner A and Tuner B, yes you can record one channel and watch another, two sat feeds is correct
i posted this link because i thought thats a good price they are going for £90 plus on ebay.. and this site as you can see is doing them for £76.99 delivered....

Thank you.

Yes, just noticed that now.

Thanks, I have a 500gb HDD in my vu clone that isn't working so can just use that, I'm sure I've got a enclosure somewhere around.

I am used to black hole but wouldn't mind giving vix a try, with my old box being a clone I was always worried in case I messed it up flashing it, wasnt sure if it was supported etc. I realise these are clones but the site sys it supports both Vix and Blackhole.

I assume with vix its the same scenario with FTP-ing my cline to the box and off I go?

Thank you.

Yes, just noticed that now.

Thanks, I have a 500gb HDD in my vu clone that isn't working so can just use that, I'm sure I've got a enclosure somewhere around.

I am used to black hole but wouldn't mind giving vix a try, with my old box being a clone I was always worried in case I messed it up flashing it, wasnt sure if it was supported etc. I realise these are clones but the site sys it supports both Vix and Blackhole.

I assume with vix its the same scenario with FTP-ing my cline to the box and off I go?

Hi mate..these Zgemma boxes are not clone contrary to some image teams believe...they are a genuine air digital product and officially supported by 3 image teams and there are patched images available for the rest like Vix and Blackhole compleatly safe to run patched images as long as you DO NOT update image inbox..official images like openATV etc are compleatly safe to update inbox/via software update..
all images and updates official supported images and patched images are available here on a dedicated download site for Zgemma boxes Updates Zgemma Star Series - Index of: home/

good luck and have fun...

Back