New ZGemma Star H5.2S

how do i check that im new to boxs n would gladly check

---------- Post Merged at 12:39 AM ----------

how do i check and i will do

Hi best way is to take a blu ray, and then rip it to h265 hevc movie file and make sure you do select dts-hd-audio also i mainly use dvdfab to do this, and then you can log into the box and transfer the file to your hard drive or USB stick which ever easier for you and then play the file

Had the go ahead from the wife to get a new box. Currently have the first gen star s so eager to see how much better a newer box is. Has anyone transitioned from a H2s to the H5 and noticed any differences? Dunno weather the extra coin is going to be worth it or if I'm best off going towards VU+ territory

You won't see much difference from h2s to h5 box its only a codec change from h264 to h265, now on the h2s you could not play hvec encoded files including embedded dts-hd-audio, just won't play this is where the h265 codec comes in on the new box, however what I'm trying find out will it now play the audio of dts-hd-audio sound track also, so that's only difference really. As for vu+ from what i here they are very good boxes how much better they are than zgemma h2s i dont know but I'm sure we're soon be told.

I'd like to stick with zgemma as although my box hasn't been the greatest it's been brilliant for learning and hasn't let me down apart from taking an eternity to flash and boot lol. Seriously considering this new H5 tho. Be nice to be on the higher end of the market opposed to the very bottom LOL

Well if your going from say h2s to h5 i wouldnt bother upgrading unless you like to rip movies to hvec h265 files and put them on hard drive that you use with the zgemma, that's only difference not sure yet how far this new codec goes weather or not it will now play the audio dts-hd-audio as it don't on h2s only will play standard 5.1 dolby digital in sound tracks

Hey guys? Am new to this zgemma box lol.

Just wondering if there is anyway of setting up the timing for recording. Like when u are watching a program on sky from the start and you start recording it half way through. It records from the start but the zgemma box only records from the time you press record even though you have watched it from the start?

And get u change the skin at anytime or do you need to why until you year subscription runs out?

If you press record, option 5 is timeshift recording (stop at end of event) this is the one for you to use

Is the Cable version of the 5 available in the UK yet? Does anyone have the dual tuner cable version and if so is it ok?
Thanks

Am I correct in thinking that the H.265 codec on the H5 might become more useful sooner for streaming IPTV content?
Is H.265 pointless without a big 4k TV? Just making considerations between h2s and h5.2s purchase, thanks

I’ve been reading through the threads deciding which box to buy. I was looking at the Zegemma H5 2S but I am still dazed and confused. So help me out here, any suggestion for similar boxes? This is my first post so be kind.

Hi guys my h5 2s is flashed with wooshbuild and it awesome but I have a small problem I can't get my line to work any help is much appreciated

Hi lads. I'm after setting up a good few h2s in last month or so and I purchased a h52s and flashed with ipab and have to say it's brilliant. I'm. I'm not sure if it's in my head or not but the picture seems clearer on sly channels than the h2s. I'm not sure if it's placebo effect but the picture seems a lot sharper. Is this possible?

Hi guys my h5 2s is flashed with wooshbuild and it awesome but I have a small problem I can't get my line to work any help is much appreciated
Just set up H5 s2 had a lot of trouble getting the line in i tried loads of usbs, as they said some dont work. iam an old boy and not good with tec i was using send to instead of copy & paste. Format the usb & only put the line on it, i wish it didnt take me four hours to find that out:damn:
Its a great build, the only thing is i cant get Kodi direct working, i have watched loads on youtube, but its still not working.

Just set up H5 s2 had a lot of trouble getting the line in i tried loads of usbs, as they said some dont work. iam an old boy and not good with tec i was using send to instead of copy & paste. Format the usb & only put the line on it, i wish it didnt take me four hours to find that out:damn:
Its a great build, the only thing is i cant get Kodi direct working, i have watched loads on youtube, but its still not working.

Thanks fox I will give a go when the mrs goes to bed

Thanks fox I will give a go when the mrs goes to bed

I guys just a quick update got my line working but keep having this message every time I turn tv over and I don't understand it

Creating hardlink to file list failed
The filesystem on your timeshift-device does not support hardlinks
Make sure it's formatted in EXT2 or EXT3

Back