Newbie needing help

I'm confused. :whacko:

The cloud ibox that the guy brought has all the sly channels already there. If I get the Zgemma Star 2 will I have to put the channels on the box ? :binoculars:

The line that's on your ibox will need to go into the zgemma box and then you scan for channels once and set up the dual tuners. As advised - just use one ofthe images from downloads section by Sucmsnee and with help from forum you will get it set up. The advantages outweigh any frustration in setting up lol

Thanks Snapper - I will get it all ordered then. ;)

---------- Post Merged at 11:21 PM ----------

Up to your perosnal choice what size of hard drive you buy. I think SLY box is 500GB and some new versions may be 1TB. People that use he Zgemma star 2s would prob recommend a mains powered hard drive. Regarding channels - depends on where you get your line from, but you should get all those that you would normally get through SLY, except Box Office Movies. There is also no HD channels, except B*Sport 1&2 and ESPN. Some providers include Setanta also

When you say B* Sport 1 and 2 - is that B*Sport 1 and 2 or B*Sport and Sly sports 1 and 2? Thanks

Thanks everyone. (y)

---------- Post Merged at 10:14 AM ----------

I have order the box and am just looking at hard drives. It says in one of the posts a mains powered hard drive is recommended. All the ones I have seen on the post link say computer powered via USB???:idea:

Youd be better off with one something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Exp...F8&qid=1425907619&sr=8-7&keywords=hard+drives. I'm not saying to get it but they are mains powered (the back of the box has a warning saying not to draw too much current, I'm not sure if the portable drives like the one you had linked would do that). It's also four times the capacity and only £23 more. Always worth having a lookup on hotukdeals or similar to see whats on offer this week as prices vary. I picked up a 2TB drive from tesco the other week at £55 an absolute steal!

Also if u can get ur hands on an old sky+ box they have a 500gb samsung drive inside. Then u just buy £15 enclosure.

You dont want a "portable" drive like u posted. Although it will work.

Hi - we have our old Sky box but I think it would be a little bit beyond me to transfer this over tbh. Do you have any links that you could send me to the 500mb hard drives that are suitable please??

Thanks

Edited to add - I've just watched a video of making the internal hard drive an external one and I think it looks easy enough!! Might give it a whirl. :yes!:

Last edited:
Theres vids over utube how to get sky hdd out. Don worry about box as its for bin anyway. Pliers and philips head and hammer if u dont have torque drivers lol

It's arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes!:

Do I just plug it in and put the relevant cables in?? If not, what do I do please?

Thanks ;)

Lol u got the box didnt u. Not the hard drive case like in my head....... lolol sorry dude. DO NOT WIRE IT TO UR PC AND FORMAT ;) lol

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 AM ----------

Yeh plug in and have a play dude :)

Hi all

Is there anyone available to help me please??

I have set up my Zgemma 2s box and it said 'BOOT' and now is says OPEN ATV on the screen. I can see the channel list but I can't watch anything.

What do I have to do???

Thanks

Back