Newcamd file question

Hi guys im running newcamd file in my vu duo and skybox f3s it runs perfectly glitch free in the skybox but in the duo it is glitchy is there a setting i need to change in the newcamd file to run better on the duo?

if you have Cccam running on the vu aswell this will cause the problem. just delete Cccam on the vu and remove the file from var/etc

Thanks Mike i have noticed a few of the lines I have tried have different details in lines 1 and 2 of the newcamd file ie
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
would changing these make any difference I dont have cccam installed

Thought i had to keep these lines in the file though just wondering what do they do obviously the 3rd line in the file is my server details but what are these first 2 lines for?

all i do is use note pad++ and put my line in line 5 of notepad and it works. if you have any other camms running or any other lines installed in var/etc this may cause a conflict.

Yes I got that but what do you have in lines 1&2 of notepad? Is it the same as above or different or nothing at all?

The first line drops your connection from the server after you have been inactive for 5 minutes ie if you have changed to a freeview channel you will be disconnected from the server after 300 seconds, as soon as you switch back to a subscription channel you will be reconnected. the second one i'm not sure although i think it allows traffic through that port from your router to your box.

Wondered that as I said have seen that at 300 and 60 I'm trying a box and router re boot to see if that helps or could it be the .cfg file that needs tweaked?

My n lines seems to be a lot more stable running them in MG Cam (using a miraclebox)

You can just paste your lines directly underneath each other in your newcamd.list file

So if you had two lines running it would just look like

CWS = topserver5000 12025 newuser1 newpass1 01 20 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS = topserver5000 12025 newuser2 newpass2 01 20 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

No other information in the file.

That works too

Last edited:
Some users had trouble with the wrong cfg file in Mgcamd There are different files for 1.35 and 1.38.
They are probably on this site somewhere.

I didn't use the file that was there I just deleted it.

Created a blank file called newcamd.list in note pad, make sure when you do "save as" the type of file is "ALL"

open it, paste in the line, save and ftp to the box.

Last edited:
Quick update guys config file changed lines below to remove log

Lines 81 onwards used to look like this

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Now looks like this

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 00 }

No more glitching any ideas quys this would of helped it has just been trial and error with me but would like to understand this config file more hopefully to help others

if you use my files on the links above it is all set up correct. i still find mgcamm 1.35a better then any other

Cannot rember however, you could download the file and take a look at the config file.

Yes that's what I have done Mike and just played with the settings but would like to know what they are for It was that file that had the Internet address for the log

when creating your mgcamm list did you just delete evereything and put your own line in as bees suggested.

Back