Nhs

how come when you have an injury and you go to hospital and its not life threatning you have to wait 12 months for an operation

gotta tell you chris, over here, unless you are private, it takes 12 months to get the appointment to see the consultant, then, if you are lucky 12 months for the procedure

ive now been waiting 9 months and six weeks ago i went for my operation and the consultant sent me back to have a blood test where the nurse stuck the needle in my tendon then went back to physcio and they cant belive why im there and signed me off then none of them will answer there phone aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TBH i think we should be like the states and PAY for the service as that will keep some of the riffraff out of A&E and maybe free up some of the staff to do ops, and if you pay then you know your op is going to get done sooner. Only problem with that is that if you have say a hear attack or something will they treat you if you dont have insurance. I know if you go in via Blues n 2's you get treated instantly - well depending on the severity, but yh if you need a heart op and they think you will survive they do tend to put you on the waiting list! I wonder IF we paid would that op be sooner, and if you didnt pay would it be further down the list. It sohuldnt be down to money BUT unfortunatly it is :(

I would prefer for it to stay free, but unfortunately alot of areas of the NHS are being privatised under the hood.

I would prefer for it to stay free, but unfortunately alot of areas of the NHS are being privatised under the hood.

NHS Urged To Launch Free 'Weight Watchers'
Code:
[url=http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16064989]Weight Loss: Weight Watchers Style Support Should Be Free On NHS To Combat Obesity, Says Report | UK News | Sky News[/url]

I like the NHS just the way it is, but then I use it a lot.
My tale of woe starts when I was in the Army. I was in the Parachute Regiment and a night jump that went wrong left me with a knackered spine. That was back in '72. I can no longer run and walking is a problem if I can't lean against a wall or something every 20 yards or so. Pain is just something you learn to live with. I take 8 sets of medicines every month so I'm glad that prescriptions are free for me. The only downside to that is that one of them has a possibility of causing cancer. Guess what??
Because my spine is all bent out of shape, my inner tubes and passageways get twisted out of shape as well. I was getting Acid reflux so my doc organised a CT scan to try to see what the problem was. It was this scan, for a totally different thing, that found a growth on my left kidney. Within 7 days I was in a bed recovering from a Kidney removal. Christ knows how much that would have cost me if it hadn't been for the NHS. That was about 2 months ago and I am now recovered and my other kidney is working fine. Of course, the medicine that had cancer down as a possible side effect has been kicked into touch.

we pay for the nhs anyway. it would be a lot more for private medical insurance for the whole population to pay themselves.

I have private health insurance for the family for yonks now and I just received my renewal last week. My premium last year was €2,900 and thankfully we haven't had to use it but the renewal for this coming year is for €5,165.

When I contacted them they informed me it was due to three increases in the last year coupled with the fact my son had turned 18 & was now being charged full adult rate. That's a €2,265 increase in twelve months. My 20 year mortgage didn't cost me that much per month :dunno:

I'm really considering jacking it now!

They (all insurance companies) have us by the ball$ because our Government let them & they know we have to have it.

Blimey G thats a heck of a lot! but yup agree that all insurances are the same got us by the short n curlies!! :(
i liked because i agree with your comments NOT that i liked your new charges xx

Back