Openbox v8s no signal

klloyd89

Need some help guys I have just turned on my box to find that it's saying no signal suddenly and has been fine up till now, I have checked all cables etc

Any other ideas?

It's too dark to tell currently but I've tried the cable to the box and that's fine, the tv was fine until this evening and the bad weather was last night

strange that mate, other than the dish or lnb I am stumped, let us know how you get on when you can see the dish. If you have another fta box maybe try that

Try a simple remedy that may work for you.
Power up box and tv then slowly press format on remote---pressbutton about 10 times allowing 2 secs between pressing.
Reaper.

Good point the reaper.

We have had threads like this in the past where there has been a misunderstanding about whether it's the box generating the "no signal" message or the TV.

A lot of TV's generate the "no signal" messsage when they are tuned to an input with no signal connected to it, or if the resolution is out of range.

klloyd89...can you still see the V8s menus on the TV? If not, try connecting the box to your TV using scart or composite (phono) leads. You might then be able to access the system setup > TV system menu to change the video resolution to something that your TV will recognise through the HDMI.

hi i've just brought a v8s and when i first connected and turned on it said no signal. i left it a bit turned it off sniped the plug that fits into the back of the v8s and re stripped it and re fitted it and it got signal right away, ive had a freezing problem on a couple of channels but rest working perfect. (ive put this freezing problem in a new thread as im new to all this)

I've just moved house, V8S worked fine in last place, been waiting for Internet to be installed for 2 weeks to use it here, new dish and LNB, I have no signal on every channel, any help appreciated.

I've just moved house, V8S worked fine in last place, been waiting for Internet to be installed for 2 weeks to use it here, new dish and LNB, I have no signal on every channel, any help appreciated.

Did you install the dish yourself, or get a satellite firm in to do it?

If you did it yourself, how did you align your dish?

You haven't accidentally screwed the LNB cable into the LOOP socket have you?

Sorry if it sounds obvious, but it's easily done, as the LOOP connector is the outer one of the 2.

No mate, definitely in LNB socket. Operating off poor internet connection and then through an extender but Amazon fire was working through some internet source

No mate, definitely in LNB socket. Operating off poor internet connection and then through an extender but Amazon fire was working through some internet source

If you get "no signal" on every channel, then it's not an internet connection problem, as that would only affect the $ channels, and give a "scrambled" message.

Hi guys sorry for jumping in here im new to this im having a issue with my openbox v8s would appreciate some help im getting no signal on all $ channels but its intermittent my FTA work fine all the time and i have good internet. sometimes it works great but for most part for the last few days its been acting up.. Iv updated the channel list still with no joy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem here. All was working fine until last night. The weather was not bad and doubt the dish has been moved. It does however look like the signal is low and I get Signal Intensity 36% and Signal Quality 10%.

Is this too low and how can I check alignment?

Thanks

***FIX***

After unplugging and replugging everything it was just the same so...

tried a freesat box and it worked fine. Guessed it was a problem with the Openbox V8S so decided to rebuilt my config.

Did a factory reset and the FTA came back so it was then just a case switching on the wifi adapter, updating firmware, cmd.cfg and channel list.

Not too sure what happened but first thing it is test another box on your lnb before you start messing about with your sat dish or wires.

Hope this might help in some cases.

:yes!:

NO, there is something definitely wrong with the v8s... Twice now i had the same problem. Returned the first box and get it replaced and after few weeks same story again whereby, some channels will show No signal (CNN for example) while others are showing...
I have used several channels lists, changed firmware etc... same story. I did a direct scan and for example on the same frequency, you can get 4 out of 15 channels, (yes on the same frequency) or you can no signal on some other frequencies (when tried to do it manual as well). When i put my other box (spiderbox and Vu+) presto ALL channels are there...
I am sure others are pulling their hair on this , same as me, and a help (if any) will be appreciated .
Thanks guys

Back