Satellite OpenViX for Zgemma H7 released

I've been tempted with the h7s for a while, prefer openvix so this could be the push i needed. Has anyone found any issues with the hardware and would anyone recommend one ?

I've been tempted with the h7s for a while, prefer openvix so this could be the push i needed. Has anyone found any issues with the hardware and would anyone recommend one ?
I have had one a week, and just been messing about with it. Massive upgrade on my vu duo, but used that for a few years.

If pushed, you may want to have a good think if you really need the sat tuner.

It has all the performance of a Mutant HD51 with the benefit of an extra tuner. I would recommend it definitely :(y):

Try now, the ViX feeds have been down most of the day while they were uploading new updates. It's back online now.

Screenshot_2019-01-18-22-27-14.png
Is there a setting on vix when u have show bouquets on lanuch set to yes and when u press epg it shows the actual bouquet your on, not the first bouquet in the list.
If show bouquets on lanuch is set to no then it does bring in the bouquet your on.

What I trying to say is if you look at the channel that's on in the picture it's the golf channel so if I press epg it's going to uk ireland first not say usa sports

View attachment 36921
Is there a setting on vix when u have show bouquets on lanuch set to yes and when u press epg it shows the actual bouquet your on, not the first bouquet in the list.
If show bouquets on lanuch is set to no then it does bring in the bouquet your on.

No, 'show bouquets on launch' just tells the box to show a list of the bouquets. The first one will be highlighted as default.
I don't bother with it, it's easy enough to just programme a button to show the bouquet list.

Originally OpenATV 6.2 is installed on my box.I don't want to lose it either.So while installing the openvix, is there a risk to overwrite on openatv? How shall I select empty sector in the flash? Sorry but this will my first install to ZG H7S.

Download your Image for install on multiboot. IMPORTANT Don´t unzip the .zip File Then shift it to the USB Drive Plug the USB Device in the zgemma. Step 1: Press the blue key on the remote, then press the right key and go to Flash Online Step 2: Now press the yellow button, now below might stand STARTUP_2 (it gives Startup 2,3. 4). Step 3: Press the blue key and now the yellow key then go to your USB Device Step 4: Go to the .zip and press the green button on the remote. Step 5: Now the Ax is flashing the Image.

How to use Multiboot: Step 1: Press MENU on your remote and go to Standby/Restart then go to Multiboot and press OK Step 2: Now you can select your image with the right/left key and start with the OK key

I've never installed multiboot images from ATV, only ViX which is easy :)
Thanks for the instructions @hedges2016 :(y):

If you make an image backup first you will be fine.

Thanks
Download your Image for install on multiboot. IMPORTANT Don´t unzip the .zip File Then shift it to the USB Drive Plug the USB Device in the zgemma. Step 1: Press the blue key on the remote, then press the right key and go to Flash Online Step 2: Now press the yellow button, now below might stand STARTUP_2 (it gives Startup 2,3. 4). Step 3: Press the blue key and now the yellow key then go to your USB Device Step 4: Go to the .zip and press the green button on the remote. Step 5: Now the Ax is flashing the Image.

How to use Multiboot: Step 1: Press MENU on your remote and go to Standby/Restart then go to Multiboot and press OK Step 2: Now you can select your image with the right/left key and start with the OK key

Thanks hedges for detailed explanation.I'll try it with VIX first as Willo advices and expert of this image :)
But I think I have to make a backup for default image openatav6.2 which is fully set up.
Shall I make a full backup using multiboot or plug an empt 32 FAT formatted USB stick and restart device holding on/off button?

Make a full backup to hdd and use the yellow button to change startup type to 'RECOVERY'
You will then be able to flash ViX to the first partition and restore your ATV backup to the second partition.

Back