openvpn setup

dumbguy

Can anyone help with setting up openvpn on Helios 17 image? (7/7/2014 from downloads section).
I want to use it for 1.channel on TSmedia. My ISP blocks Primewire and none of the other proxies work.
I have never tried to use Linux before, so haven't a clue what to do.
Thanks in advance.

Im sorry I dont know but if you google how to do it on a vix octagon or vix vu+ box it should be the same.
Just did a bit of googling and apparently there's a 1channel plugin in tspanel plugins setup and all. Just give it a search.

Let us know how it goes

Last edited:
Yes, it's the 1.channel plugin I want to use. I will try googling as you suggest and post any results here.
Thanks

Update. Read on a Vix forum that you need to Telnet chmod commands to the openvpn key,crt & conf files. Tried it. Did not work and the box hung on reload. Used the DCC tool to ftp unmodified key,crt & conf files and the box now works again, except openvpn still does not work. So try this at your own risk.

If I get or hear how ill post but not kinda thing I play with normally as I download mostly on pc. Sorry

If I get or hear how ill post but not kinda thing I play with normally as I download mostly on pc. Sorry[/QUOTE]

So do I, however, I will update this thread if I have any success

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 PM ----------

Sorry I screwed up the quote.

i read this on a differnet site just, will try when i get home unless anyone else has tried it before.

the download file is Login not sure if im allowed to post this so sorry if im not.

ALL THE BIG ISPS IN UK HAVE BANNED THE BIG STREAMING SITES

FIND THE FIX FOR TS MEDIA / 1CHANNEL

Delete the following:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/MovieOnline/channel_1.pyo

unzip and place the channel_1.py file in the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/MovieOnline/ folder.

Restart enigma - 1channel will now work again.

Thanks for the link, but the latest image does not have a movies online folder in the TSmedia folder. will experiment with ftping the channel_1.py file to different locations and if I have any success will post the results.

Have a look at this as well dumdguy, Login

let me know how you get on with the ftp as i will be trying everything when i get home to get this to wrok haha.

lawley be careful what you recommend. Thats a link to the ibox 2 forum NOT ibox 2+ forum!
They arent the same

The link is only a guide for making your own subdomain to fool 1channel which would should be the same for all boxes?

But dont know what/any harm it would do ;-)

---------- Post Merged at 03:02 PM ----------

The link is only a guide for making your own subdomain to fool 1channel which would should be the same for all boxes?

No probs. It just linked me to main site. After logging in it gave me the py file. But not sure if it is box specific or image or plugin lol

Last edited:
yea i understand the concern,

ill have a play around when i get home anyway, make sure i back up before hand tho

the channel_1.py file causes no problems. just does not work in any of the locations I have tried (the location given in the other forum does not exist on the latest image. The folder for 1channel is now in tsmedia/addons/channel_1. However, there is no channel_1.pyo to replace. The second link talks of altering the proxy address, but I have not yet found how to do this as this has also changed.
I'm sure we will get it working in the end, just have to keep removing and replacing files till we find out where to make the changes.

From the second link it looks like the easiest way to get a good connection would be to change the proxy to your own computer running a vpn.
Only have to figure out how to change the proxy setting in the 1channel addon.

---------- Post Merged at 04:19 PM ----------

transfer to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions Chmod to 755 and reboot

Sorry, what file do I transfer?

the channel_1.py file from the first download,

ill be home in a hour or so,

so ill be trying the same.

Yes I tried that, no luck.

---------- Post Merged at 04:55 PM ----------

Also tried it in the channel1 folder and no luck

Back